Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-20, 12:02 PM  
unfetteredpast

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
An update on the Greenberg Smoked Turkey folks - in the true spirit of 2020, they had a fire last weekend that burned their shipping facility and turkey inventory to the ground. There will be no Greenberg Turkeys this year...

Carol
It never ends!!! Those poor people--I hope they're able to recover from this.

I'd like to add Enstrom Toffee (www.enstrom.com) and Big Spoon Roasters (www.bigspoonroasters.com). I have a Big Spoon Roasters monkey on my back these days.
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 04:53 PM  
ChelePA

Adding another one. Just ordered from Eastern Standard Provisions. My sister's family loved the pretzels. Just an FYI...you need to freeze immediately if not going to bake upon arrival.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 03:27 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Someone (family friend) sent us a tin of mixed nuts from nuts.com this year which arrived today. The nuts were fresh and tasty and well packaged.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 03:41 PM  
wendug

For the coffee lover and rescue pup lover- grounds and hounds coffee

I've sent some coffee as a gift and the giftee loved it!
Old 12-08-20, 06:36 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Dancingdeer.com for cookies.

https://www.dancingdeer.com/

They used to be a smaller outfit based out of Boston.
They had wonderful gifts and awesome shortbread (pumpkin, chocolate sea salt).
They were acquired by another company and now the selection is more limited,
but still good! I’ve ordered shortbread for friends . They are running some deals right now.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 12:40 AM  
videofit

I order cheese and fudge and anything that strikes my fancy at the time from Vermont Country Store.

I'm not a big cheese lover but I really like their cheeses, some of which are made using the same colonial recipe and local cow's milk.

They now sell miracle cheese storage bags! I have no idea what the magic is, they seem like paper bags but you can reuse them a couple of times. Come in a box. My opened, unwrapped, cut cheese lasts a month without drying out or getting moldy! Highly recommend.
Old 12-12-20, 01:00 AM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
Closer to the holidays Murdick's Fudge has a larger selection.
Never heard of them but I love fudge so just ordered their box of five as a Christmas present to myself!
Old 12-12-20, 10:31 AM  
angie_nrs

I've had omaha steaks before and they are wonderful, albeit somewhat pricy. They offer some neat Christmas packages though and usually have coupon codes available or special prices for first time buyers. Omahasteaks.com

Another idea you can try is to visit your local butcher. I went to a local meat place (with a wonderful reputation for quality meats) the other day and asked if they had any ideas for Christmas gifts. They had a breakfast box that contained 3 packages of thick cut bacon, canadian bacon, 2 packages of link sausage, a sausage roll, pork chop, and packet of sausage gravy packaged in a thick cardboard box with the company logo on it. It was heavy and looked delicious! For $50 I'm sure it will be a Christmas gift that all recipients will enjoy. There.....I just gave you Christmas morning breakfast
Old 12-17-20, 01:35 PM  
Gams

I took a chance on Strawberry Hill Povitica Co. because I got a coupon in the mail and ordered one for my dad and one for friends. I tasted the one I got Dad today - chocolate chip and cream cheese- it’s delicious! I will definitely order from them again.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 07:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

We got this gift from Brownie Points from a relative (delivered recently):
https://browniepointsinc.com/baby-brownies-50-1

So many little individually wrapped little brownie bites in various flavors! You can eat or freeze them. Some of the flavors are very good (like sticky cinnamon bun). The lemon blueberry and birthday cake flavors were just okay but some others were pretty good.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalog, food gifts, gift ideas, gifts, holiday gifts, off topic, off-topic, old thread alert