Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-25-21, 01:19 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - I hope you feel completely better soon! Maybe start back w/ something short every other day and work your way up?

I hear you on the lack of sleep and anxiety though!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 03:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's 4 mile Power Walk (mile one), along with her 6 Mile Mix (Total Body Tune-up!) Also, used Leslie's Miracle Mile band for the Total Body Jessica workout, which worked out pretty well.

Sherry, that's a good idea about doing some gentle senior workouts until you have your energy back.

Donna, I saw your post regarding working your way back to the FIRM, and was going to suggest Power Fit or Tracie's basic workouts, too! I was never a big FIRMie, but have all of the workouts (and sets.) I should really use them, but would also need to start with more gentle (and shorter) workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii, how's your knee doing?

Liz, I love Jessica's barefoot workouts. Wish she would do more of those!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:34 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was Jessica's youtube video Single Sided Strength and today was 18-Minute Total Body Stress Relieving Dynamic Stretch, also from youtube. I really like the Calm & Strong routine! I was up early because we're getting a monsoon here and the heavy rain and wind woke me up, so might as well do something productive.

I saw my PCP yesterday and she suggested I go for physical therapy for my knee. She said going to an orthopedic doc would be a waste of time because they would suggest the same thing. She gave me a script, but I'm not sure if I'll go or not. PT during COVID seems like it would be uncomfortable, so I'll have to think about that more.

Sherry, I know how frustrating it is when a cold hangs around. I agree doing gentle senior workouts is a good idea.

Liz, I'm not sure I'll start Lift & Shift on Nov. 1. I'm enjoying Calm & Strong right now so I may finish that and then do Lift & Shift. It really depends on if I go to PT and if they tell me to avoid certain exercises.

Donna, Glad to hear your hip/back issues are improving!

Pam, I love Jessica's 6 Mile Mix DVD. I need to do that one more often.

Have a good day!
Old 10-26-21, 07:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Power & Balance - this is a really good routine - very upbeat!

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine

Sarah Beth Yoga - Sciatica exercises (this is a 5 min video that shows three exercises - not really follow-along but I did enjoy doing it!)

Yesterday I took my Golden for a walk and realized that I really need to stretch after my walks - I don't really look at them as "exercise" but I find my lower back and hips get tight from doing them and I need to spend 5-10 min stretching aftewards.

wishiwasinhawaii - Jessica Valent does have a routine for knee pain, you may also be able to find something on Bob & Brad. I know what you mean about in-person PT.

Sherry - I hope you are continuing to improve!

Pam - your Halloween activities all sounded like fun! DH and I are going out of town this weekend - leaving DD home to watch the dogs. It is just two nights, but it will be nice to get away and have a change in scenery. Next week I hope to start adding in more cardio and I'm thinking walks....

waves, Liz!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-26-21, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - I found this from Lucy Wyndham Read for knee pain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB2tDbM_OYI

Donna
Old 10-26-21, 01:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Leslie's Walk It Off and Tone It Up (mile one) along with the Bonus Total Body workout doubling up latex bands. This is a five mile DVD and only a few of the miles include band use. I had intended on doing two miles, but was interrupted with a phone call (mom) when just completing first mile. 45 minutes later...still on the phone...and time to prepare lunch. Oh well, another day...another Leslie. Leslie's good in this and solo (bat cave) but her energy is high and the walks are brisk. No fooling around here.

I'm really enjoying my Leslie Walks. I think the last time I did an actual Leslie rotation was about three years ago, so it's been a while. She gets so hyper with a group, but sometimes I enjoy those, too!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 10-26-21, 02:23 PM  
donnamp

Pam - I think I'm going to start adding in some Leslie next week or maybe later this week. It has been awhile for me, too. I was thinking that she usually does a 21 day before Thanksgiving Walk challenge, so I'm going to keep my eyes open for that, too.

Donna
Old 10-26-21, 07:33 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, Thanks for posting that Lucy video! I just did it and it was very helpful, and probably the same moves I would do in PT.
Old 10-27-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on a dog walk and then I did a Sarah Beth yoga practice in the evening - it was for low back/sciatica and was 20 min long. It included a lot of good stretches for me. I remember doing Sarah Beth's yoga a few years ago fairly regularly. She has a good mix of flow-power-restorative practices on her channel. I'm not sure why I stopped doing them...

Anyway...today was - Ellen - Fusion Floor. This is one of Ellen's workouts that had to grow on me - I didn't love it the first few times I did it but I do find it more enjoyable now.

Speaking of Ellen - she is doin a 10 day challenge starting November 4th - I may see what that is all about - I'm doing so much of her stuff these days anyway - or I may be totally burned out on her by then...time will tell.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm glad that video helped! I feel that same way about going to PT - I feel that they probably wouldn't give me anything to do that is much different from what I'm already doing and I find it easier to stay consistent with it if I can do it at home and not have to take the time out of my day to drive to an appointment, not to mention COVID...

Pam - nice work w/ Leslie!

Sherry - hope all is well on your end.

Waves, Liz!

Donna
Old 10-27-21, 12:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I only had time for a mile today with Leslie's Walk to the Hits All Time Favorites! This first mile has a Temptations song, but don't think Leslie would have paid for the music rights for this. Who knows?

On my way out the door! If I have time tonight, will try to get another mile in.

Current Rotation:

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy