Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-25-21, 08:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just some stretches here and there. It seems every time I try and do something the pain returns. Very frustrating.

DIANE, depressing is the word for sure with injuries. Your home improvements sound wonderful. Yes I feel the chill dank weather approaching.

DONNA, glad your rehab routine seems to be helping you.

PAT, I hope the acupuncture appt helps. You always have such interesting interventions for your pain.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Groan, Happy Moan Day. It's dreary here but we needed the rain. Yesterday featured:

~ Slow and easy beach combing stroll at the beach
~ YWK Bedtime Yoga in Bed for Beginners plus evening affirmations
~ 4,835 steps

Diane, how cool that you built your own house. Sounds like you're keeping up and making a lot of nice improvements to it.

Good morning to Donna, and sending hugs to Summer Breeze.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Power & Balance - this is a really good routine - very upbeat!

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine

Sarah Beth Yoga - Sciatica exercises (this is a 5 min video that shows three exercises - not really follow-along but I did enjoy doing it!)

Yesterday I took my Golden for a walk and realized that I really need to stretch after my walks - I don't really look at them as "exercise" but I find my lower back and hips get tight from doing them and I need to spend 5-10 min stretching afterwards.

Pat and Summer Breeze - I agree about injuries being depressing.

Diane - I have so many house projects to do.....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-21, 08:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I kept it low key yesterday. In the a.m. I enjoyed YWK Morning Yoga Movement Day #2, Wake Up Full Body Yoga Stretch. After my acupuncture appointment I kept it low key with 30 Minute Hips & Lower Back Deep Stretch plus bedtime affirmations. Shuffled through 3,900 steps for the day.

The appointment was so/so. For the consultation, it felt like I was paying for an infomercial. The treatment itself was okay and I got a little relief in my arms. I bought some herbs and booked out six more appointments which will be full acupuncture and more time. I used to see this lady years ago and she seems to have gone very spa/commercial, unfortunately.

Donna, I get lazy with post-walk stretching too - maybe why my hamstrings are so tight.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and Diane! Stay safe if you're in the nor'easter zone - we had a scary night here.
Old 10-26-21, 05:31 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

No workout for me today, which makes 4 days. I had my Pfizer booster yesterday and today had mild flu symptoms. A couple of Tylenol did the trick but it really fatigued me. Hoping that tomorrow I will feel back to my old self and get back to my routine.

I'm depressed about our bike riding coming to a halt because of weather. Nothing I can do about it but we so enjoyed our rides and exploring different parts of Upstate NY. We did purchase a rack for our bikes in the garage. Right now they "live" in the back of our Honda Element - we take the seats out and secure the bikes with bungee cords. It's a great car but sadly no longer made. Ours is a 2003 with 205,000+ miles and still going strong. It owes us nothing at this point so we're researching cars for a possible 2022 purchase. We are not car people, we just like a dependable and safe car and always buy new because we keep them until they give up. We're actually thinking about one of the Volvo models - I know, ridiculously expensive but it may be our final car purchase as we're in our mid-60s so we want something that has all the safety features.

Summer Breeze - I cannot stress this enough - you have to fully rest your injury. It absolutely sucks - we've all been there and I feel your pain. I didn't fully rest mine and ended up in worse trouble so I hope I learned my lesson.

Donna - the house stuff never ends. Floors and a whole-house generator are the two projects for next year. Still trying to figure out what to do with my small front garden. Honestly, I so wish we were in a townhouse or condo at times. This isn't a big house but it sure feels like it when I start cleaning.

Pat - The nor'easter is probably going to miss us. We'll get outer bands of rain for the next day or two but thankfully nothing more. Every time I hear about bad weather I'm so thankful to have had those trees taken down!

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up adding on a dog walk and then I did a Sarah Beth yoga practice in the evening - it was for low back/sciatica and was 20 min long. It included a lot of good stretches for me. I remember doing Sarah Beth's yoga a few years ago fairly regularly. She has a good mix of flow-power-restorative practices on her channel. I'm not sure why I stopped doing them...

Anyway...today was - Ellen - Fusion Floor. This is one of Ellen's workouts that had to grow on me - I didn't love it the first few times I did it but I do find it more enjoyable now.

Speaking of Ellen - she is doin a 10 day challenge starting November 4th - I may see what that is all about - I'm doing so much of her stuff these days anyway - or I may be totally burned out on her by then...time will tell.

Diane - we are the same w/ our cars - we keep them forever. And since the pandemic, I have hardly been driving! DH and I have been thinking about what our "retirement" home is going to be like and we definitely don't want a big house/big yard. We have a small house now but a big yard and it is a pain. We have thought about condo/townhome but we also like our privacy and we worry that we may end up w/ neighbors who are "too friendly" if you know what I mean.... I like to socialize but on my terms, you know what I mean? Anyway, probably not gong anywhere for awhile. I'm glad the side effects from the booster weren't too bad.

Waves Pat and Summer Breeze!!

Donna
Old 10-27-21, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Whew what a crazy night. One good thing, our neighbor's dead iris bushes got well pruned by Mother Nature. I was fortunate that the power came on in time for me to take a shower this morning. Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ Trudy Styler Cardio Dance Flow
~ My own stretch routine
~ Ellen's Pick Your Spot Pilates - abs
~ 5,362 steps

The Styler was a virgin and I ended up loving it. It is right in my wheelhouse. I just wish the cameras stayed focused on them, the constantly changing cameras and angles were a distraction from form. I was also disappointed that there wasn't a stretch - a ballet inspired/yoga fusion cried out for some nice dance stretches after!

Diane, thanks for reporting about your booster. I'm sorry your biking season is over for now. I can't believe the mileage on your car!!! I would have kept my old Pontiac but for the electronics were causing it to dangerous things. We tried everything but the car was intent on dying and now GM has discontinued my favorite brand.

Donna, your walk and Sarah Beth sound nice. I'll probably fall back in love with her after my Kassandra love fest. Were you one of the VF'ers who helped Ellen name that workout Fusion Floor? It was a long time ago, but Ellen was looking for ideas for new Studio workouts and there was a big thread discussing what we would like and some of us suggested names. I was so psyched that Ellen chose Fusion Floor, but then I couldn't do it because of the planks.

Sending well wishes to our Summer Breeze.
Old 10-27-21, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Still nothing here. Just saying hi and cheering you all on through your various injuries. We got a lot of rain yesterday but nothing with the wind and flooding thankfully. Now I have a headcold to add to my woes and every time I sneeze it jacks up my sciatic pain. I tense, I sneeze then an expletive! LOL

DIANE, yes I'm slowly realizing complete rest is the only answer. I gave up the walking but I thought some stretching here and there would help but nope. Glad your booster wasn't too disruptive and sorry about the bike season ending.

DONNA, glad you are able to continue your restorative routine.

PAT, glad your power was restored. Too bad the acupuncturist took an informercial turn but at least you got some relief.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Today was another Ellen mix:

Walk Refresh - which is a very low key walking workout.

Yogini Sculpt

Yesterday I got a dog walk in.

This weekend is supposed to be rainy so we may end up not going on our trip. But I still took Friday/Monday/Tues off from work and no matter what will enjoy the extra time off!

Summer Breeze - ugh, sorry you have a cold on top of all that. One thing that I started doing that I notice has helped me tremendously is to put a pillow between my knees when sleeping on my side. One night I forgot to do it and I woke up w/ hip pain. I also try to put one under my legs if I'm sleeping on my back. It is really sad that as we age we have to watch our "form" while we sleep, but it does make sense, we're in certain positions for a long time throughout the night.

Pat - I'm sorry you lost power, but glad it came back in time to get ready for work.

Waves, Diane!

Take care!

Donna
Old 10-28-21, 09:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ My own a.m. candlelight yin practice
~ Shakti Warrior Express Your Truth
~ Tracey Mallet Pilates Super Sculpt - Total Body Challenge and Flexibility
~ 5,855 steps

I loved the Shakti Warrior - fun! If Alice does another series with DailyOm I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Summer Breeze, I'm continuing to send you healing wishes and gentle hugs.

Donna, I sure hope your trip isn't rained out.

Good morning to Diane and anyone who visits!

Tags
jim fixx