Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-21, 12:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Waving back at Kittybug! IIRC I finished my second round about the time y'all started Meso 3. I'm still around and still working out but am bad about checking in. Now that things are settling down I might rejoin, but my check-in posts will probably be weekly rather than daily.
Yay! No worries, you do you...I've done a lot of just weekly check-ins myself lately despite my best efforts!! We miss Garrie!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 03:37 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Also waving to Garrie!!

Jumping back in to pose an STS related question based on Garrie's comment regarding an undulating rotation using STS. I wonder why Cathe provides one in the STS User Guide unless people were asking for it? What Garrie posted makes complete sense to me regarding the progress during the regular rotation of STS may not work well with an undulating rotation, so are there other benefits to it? I guess I could do more research, but thought someone (maybe Garrie?) could clear up my confusion.

I also agree that the 1 Rep Max is worth doing at least once, just to get a gauge of what to grab for each exercise.

JaneP, you are right that STS is a big commitment. I already have a tower, barbell with appropriate plates, stability ball and tubing/bands/loops as well as adjustable dumbbells (well, I make do with what I have), otherwise I wouldn't purchase new equipment for this program. I'm not into any new equipment right now.

Sorry if this is an all out hijack, rhbrand! Maybe it will encourage some more folks to jump in and comment on their experiences with STS.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 07:32 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I did STS once, five years ago. I’m not really a rotation type of person but since they are only three days a week and I could do my own cardio it felt more doable mentally for me. I was doing a heated power yoga practice at a studio in addition to STS. I really got strong, stronger than I ever had been. As far as cosmetic results I did lose a little weight during the first two mesocycles, but not during the third. I was in a good weight range but I was definitely watching what I ate and I have to say it was a struggle! My appetite really shot up as the program went on. I did not bulk up or anything like that and I really felt like I was in great shape but I was doing ALOT of exercise back then, much more than I feel like doing these days.

I think STS is a fantastic strength program but if the results you’re looking for is weight loss I think that’s all up to your diet. I think your muscle definition will depend on your body fat and how you’re built genetically too. Some people get that muscular look quickly and other people (like me) don’t. I really made peace with that after STS. If you’re looking to get super strong you really can’t go wrong with STS!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 01:17 PM  
rhbrand

So I'm thinking of starting STS around the first of November.

Anyone interested in a check in?
Old 10-17-21, 10:04 AM  
rhbrand

Bumping in case someone would like to join me in STS
Old 10-17-21, 04:44 PM  
warriorprincess

I agree it's definitely not a weight loss program. I'm doing it for the exact opposite reason. I'm trying very hard to put on more muscle. Mesocycle 2 is especially focused on hypertrophy, or making your muscles bigger. You're undermining the whole program if you're doing cardio on the side, or not eating enough. I subscribe to the idea that looking like Wonder Woman beats looking like Barbie.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 07:25 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
So I'm thinking of starting STS around the first of November.

Anyone interested in a check in?
I'll do this with you! I've had STS for a while but have never done (or attempted) a rotation with it. I had built up some decent strength - for me - last year, but I've had a lot of setbacks this past year and have recently noticed my strength is lacking. Things that used to be easy for me to pick up are less so now.

I'm glad you said the first of November because it will take me the next couple of weeks to prepare for this but it's probably what I need so some accountability would be great!
Old 10-17-21, 08:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

rhbrand, you might want to consider starting a check in thread when you all start so you can keep each other accountable and encouraged. My friend kittybug and I posted on our Watulan check in so we could keep each other motivated until the end.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 09:33 PM  
rhbrand

So I'll probably start a check in later this week. I am planning on starting Nov 1!
Old 10-25-21, 09:50 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
So I'll probably start a check in later this week. I am planning on starting Nov 1!
Sounds good! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get through all the 1-rep max testing between now and then. So many exercises!!

Tags
cathe sts, sts, sts results