Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-24-21, 02:57 PM  
manleym

I'm so sorry, Cataddict. I know that was so hard for you and your hubby. It just hurts and there's no way around that. Big hugs being sent your way.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 03:04 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hey Watulans, just me again!!

Any of you Cathe Live subscribers do her Boss Bands and Loops Metabolic Live? I need a report!! Looks really good!

Okay, that's all I got...thanks!!
It was a GREAT workout! Definitely my favorite of the new band and loops workouts. I loved that Cathe mixed using bands/loops with weights and cardio. This Live had alot more variety than the dvds (cardio, weights only, combo weights bands/loops) and was harder than the dvds. So worth it!

Other workouts this week:

Monday - CL #154 Metabolic Meltdown. I did this one back in February and noted that I liked it and still do!

Tuesday - Jen Edwards SWEAT More! I liked this workout alot better than SWEAT Total Body Burn. Maybe I was familiar with Jen & her style? I don't know but for whatever reason I liked it better. Might need to try TBB again to see if it was just an off day or what.

Wednesday - Pure Barre 1. Wow! I had to take break during quad work! Just shows that I don't do barre workouts often. I need to pull out my Tracey Mallet barre workouts because I remember those!

Hugs and waves all!
Old 09-24-21, 03:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, thank you!!! I am seriously considering getting that one as a download. And I have SWEAT More! and haven't done it yet...will have to give that a try.

Oye, now I want Pure Barre as I have NONE of those. Missed the boat completely on that one!

Yesterday was my metabolic day, so I did Xtrain Supercuts Extreme Plus Core #2. I groaned when we got to the 5 fast sit-ups rolling over into 5 push-ups repeated 8 times. Forgot that was in ~this~ workout and I don't love them!! Today is Bar Method Super Sculpting II when I get around to it...have to finish some work up first!

Stay fierce, Watulans, it's Friday!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-21, 04:48 PM  
horusosiris

The Weekend

Cataddict- I am so sorry about Tank. I know how difficult this is for you and your husband. Many virtual hugs are being sent your way.

Manelym and Kittybug- I agree with you that the Cathe Boss Bands and Loops Live was so good. I am even going to do it again next week.

Chel – Congrats to your daughter. Great news on using your spin bike. Yes, I was happy to hear that you are celebrating the small victories. Every victory counts toward achieving your goals. DH and I remember all too well when my children went through the stage of applying to colleges. Everyone sat on pins and needles waiting to get those acceptance letters. What is her first choice for college? I am sorry that you missed out on the college tours because going on those tours are some of our most memorable occasions. Everybody in the family wanted to go (aunts, uncles, cousins, grands etc.) but eventually we had to limit the numbers-LOL. I went on quite a few college tours with the teens of other members of my family too. My youngest son cried his heart out when his oldest brother left to go to college.

Kitty- thank you so much for the soup recipe. I am going to make it this weekend.

Mickey – I too have almost all of JM’s workouts. I have not done her workouts in such a long time, but then last week I did one of her Ript 60 workout.

Bee -congrats on the success of your sons . It is tough when schools do not provide academic merit aid.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 02:02 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosirus your family sounds just awesome! I love it when you post about them. It’s a rare gift to have such a close, loving family.
Old 09-26-21, 09:22 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Horusosirus your family sounds just awesome! I love it when you post about them. It’s a rare gift to have such a close, loving family.
Mickey- Thank you. Having a large and close knit family definitely has it rewards and challenges. One of the advantages is that you never have to feel alone. There are always tons of people to help you celebrate the joyous occasions and to help you through the difficult times. Any and all occasions are times to get together. We could arrange a pot luck get together dinner in 15 minutes. One of the challenges of having a family such as mine, is that, yes once again, you are never alone. Privacy is practically non-existent. What one family member knows, everyone knows. Prior to the pandemic, family members dropped in (sometimes unexpected) all of the time and we visited them quite often without prior notice. Setting privacy boundaries are somewhat of a joke because it will last two week at the most. We have had big family enclaves about it but usually to no avail. The only thing that we all agree on all of the time is that to be a card carrying member in good standing of the family, one has to be a Dallas Cowboy fan - LOL! Oh well...but those tailgate Dallas cowboy parties are a blast.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 01:06 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
The only thing that we all agree on all of the time is that to be a card carrying member in good standing of the family, one has to be a Dallas Cowboy fan - LOL! Oh well...but those tailgate Dallas cowboy parties are a blast.
Old 09-26-21, 01:34 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Mickey- Thank you. Having a large and close knit family definitely has it rewards and challenges. One of the advantages is that you never have to feel alone. There are always tons of people to help you celebrate the joyous occasion and to help you through the difficult times. Any and all occasions are times to get together. We could arrange a pot luck get together dinner in 15 minutes. One of the challenges of having a family such as mine, is that, yes once again, you are never alone. Privacy is practically non-existent. What one family member knows, everyone knows. Prior to the pandemic, family members dropped in (sometimes unexpected) all of the time and we visited them quite often without prior notice. Setting privacy boundaries are somewhat of a joke because it will last two week at the most. We have had big family enclaves about it but usually to no avail. The only thing that we all agree on all of the time is that to be a card carrying member in good standing of the family, one has to be a Dallas Cowboy fan - LOL! Oh well...but those tailgate Dallas cowboy parties are a blast.
We also are a very close family especially mine since we live closer to them. I’m always glad Grace has so many cousins since she is our only living child. But my husband is the baby of 12. And you have to be a Dallas Cowboys fan for that family. Whereas my family routes for the Steelers.

As for colleges, Grace has it narrowed down to accredited social work programs with a five year masters degree. Shippensburg, Kutztown, Millersville, Binghamton, Widener, and West Chester Universities are all on her list. She has only been to 2 open houses so far. I think she’s leaning toward a smaller-medium sized school. Temple and University of Pittsburgh were originally on her list and she crossed them off. She went to Binghamton yesterday and it was a beautiful school but it also might be too large for what she wants. Some of the classes have 100 to 200 kids for the General Ed courses. Whereas the other schools usually only have 25 to 35 for most classes. Shippensburg‘s open house really impressed her. So we’ll see.

I did 15 minutes on my bike yesterday. Slowly but surely. Today I’m headed outside to see if I can use my walker in the grass. My niece (who I helped take care of her mother who died from metastatic breast cancer 2 years ago) is getting married this weekend. My brother is hosting the wedding. He lives in the country. Not very wheelchair accessible. My husband wants to rent a scooter. I’m hoping I can maneuver enough to get to the outdoor wedding and then the tented area where the reception will be held. Feeling a little overwhelmed and almost embarrassed if I have to use a scooter. Plus as the Covid numbers rise, I’m feeling a little nervous about that. I’ll definitely be wearing my mask because I don’t want any reason to not be able to go to therapy twice weekly.

Happy Sunday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 05:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris and ChelePA, I too am jealous of your close families and think that's wonderful. I get a kick out of the stories! Horusosiris, hope the soup turned out okay!!

ChelePA/WWW, you have zero reason to feel embarrassed using a scooter!! I know that's easy to say from someone not in your shoes, but after all you've been through, all I can think is heck, I know people who haven't been through what you have who COULD NOT do 15 minutes on a bike, and I'm not kidding!! Anyway, I too hope you can maneuver the wedding in comfort so I'll be crossing all fingers, toes, and paws here for you.

Today was lower body so I pulled out Cathe's Lower Body Blast and did the entire thing plus the barre bonus. I haven't done this one in a while and was happy it felt great...my hip is doing much better, still snapping sometimes, but much better. I actually think all the barre I've been doing lately has helped immensely in that it really targets the small supporting muscles that otherwise don't get much love, but they make a HUGE difference for the bigger muscles. Or maybe I'm just nuts!!

Hugs to all who need them, hope you're all hanging in there and doing well!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 06:14 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Quick post today!

cataddict: I'm sorry about Tank. Big hugs to you.

Chele: Congrats on your progress. I know it's long. I often wished I could make the days go faster until I'm healed. And I don't have as much as you to go through.

Hugs and healing thoughts to all who are going through tough times.

We're all helping and supporting each other!
Have a great week!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in