Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-24, 10:39 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Last week, when I went to the Derm, she did a biopsy. I was floored today when I got a call saying that I have nodular basal cell carcinoma. I'm having surgery next Wednesday. They said the procedure/process could be 4+ hours. Hopefully the Dr. will get it all in the first try. I use sunscreen every day.

I continued to struggle with the bronchitis, until Sunday night. While watching TV, I was googling and found a lot of positive information about drinking ginger tea and it helping with bronchitis. I tried it and started feeling better very quickly. Did the medicine all of a sudden start working or did the ginger tea help? I drank it yesterday and today and I'm a lot better. We'll see what happens with that. Keep ginger tea in mind, if you have issues with bronchitis.

Check-In: Outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 11:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I'll keep ginger tea in mind for respiratory problems. But oh dear, what shocking news from your dermatologist. (((Hugs))). Holding you in prayer for successful surgery and recovery.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-24, 09:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Thank you Cynthia.

I use spf 30 and thinking I need to up it. What does everyone else use? I will also talk with my Dr. on Wednesday.

Steps from yesterday: 9,263

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-21-24, 11:00 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

30 spf used to be good enough for everyday for me. But when I started taking the Rx (which increases sensitivity to sunlight) to reduce my blood platelet count, my face was covered with sunspots. I switched to Murad spf 50, which I got online from JC Penney. It works for me, doesn't feel or look greasy, and doesn't clog my pores. The spots have faded with nightly use of fading treatments. If I go to the beach, I use Neutrogena Beach Defense spf 70.

Diana, your dermatologist might have products for sale available in the office.
Old 02-21-24, 04:45 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a knee-friendly low-impact HIIT from Audrey Koomar. I did increase the intensity and change/add to a few moves so that it felt right for me.

Diana, praying that the doc gets all the margins the first time. My mother and sister have both had melanoma, and my father has had carcinoma. I wear heavy-duty sunscreen, rain or shine. My favorite sunscreen is Elta MD physical lightly tinted, which is spf 41. It is pretty matte (because my forehead tends to get shiny) but not drying at all. It has a very nice, natural finish. I also like some Korean sunscreens. Beauty of Joseon Relief Sun has a lovely finish and some good additional ingredients. I buy it on iHerb. They sell a lot of K-beauty skincare. Sometimes I layer the Korean under the physical sunscreen.

Cynthia, which fading treatments are you using? My skin is very stubborn.
Old 02-21-24, 04:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: lap swim.

Cheryl, I tried the Murad dark spot corrector and did not see results; ditto for Neutrogena.. I use Pond's "Clarant B3 Lightening Face Cream" for normal to oily skin. I get it from amazon. I have seen it in stores but only for normal to dry skin, which I tried and it clogged my pores. It says it has UV protection, but I doubt that, and only use it at night.
Old 02-22-24, 04:04 AM  
Helen

DIANA
Hope all goes well (yes, those margins) but I'm very optimistic for you.
CHERYL
• Familial sun-cancer is a strong warning for you - glad you heeded it.
• I have that Rick 2000 steps workout downloaded! I'll be sure to try it soon!

We're the global capital of melanoma down here - lots of ad campaigns for decades about it, though the preception that a tan is a good thing, is still very pervasive amongst the teens at school - it's all about how they look.

20-Tue
60min dog walk, though lots of shady pauses in the hour.
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step - First Half Mix
Steps = 8195

21-Wed
70min brisk walk
Steps = 14,504

DH will be going to the farm again soon, so he won't be walking Alice of a morning - taking her out helps with the home-to-silence doledrums so I have cause to be optimistic. You'd think, after having the farm for 30 years, I'd be used to it.

Have a great day - and it's Friday tomorrow!!
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-24, 10:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had problems getting in here the last couple of days. I posted a check-in at the tap a talk VF roost site, just in case. It gives us an opportunity to post there if we can't get on here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfro...d-on-t334.html

Helen Thank you.

Steps from yesterday: 10,457

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-23-24, 12:18 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thanks, Diana. I bookmarked your link. I got a 503 notice all day yesterday. Glad to see the forum available today.

Yesterday, I had a long walk outside. The pool is closed for a few days for maintenance.

Back later.
Old 02-24-24, 08:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia Glad you were able to bookmark it. I'm going to keep posting over there, just in case.

Steps from yesterday: 7,473

LM Combat 02/13

Diana