Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-30-23, 02:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Doh, Chele, we posted at the same time!! I had stopped reading the Cathe thread on the GD because I was sad about the new workouts and not being able to do them. Guess I should read that!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-23, 06:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, a quick couple of things.... I did not in any way mean to belittle kittybug's (Barre Babe's) amazing (yes, I said it) barre abilities! She has worked incredibly hard to get where she is. What I really mean is that BB is consistently doing workouts harder than what Cathe has in the way of barre, so no wonder it doesn't slay her like it does the rest of us.

Oh, and the spikey ball is not actual spikes -- it's just textured for more grabability. I think I'm making up words today. Especially if you don't inflate it all the way, it doesn't hurt at all, just makes it less apt to squirt out.

Yes, I use an Apple Watch, but the app that does the calorie count for me is that HeartWatch app. I think the pickle ball story was the default Apple Watch fitness app.
Old 12-30-23, 06:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I’m baaaack!

I did Cathe Live #475 Love Leg Day. It used a barbell in some exercises and there was no notice as to what the exercise was so I had no idea what weight to use until they were several reps into it. Grrr. I did some pausing and I would have been annoyed if I had been doing it live as I don’t like to miss reps, particularly if it means that one side is worked less than the other. The timing did seem a bit rushed in spots and there were way too many deadlifts, of course. I did glute bridges and grabbed the stability ball for roll ins. She also used a firewalker loop and I had to grab a heavier one midway, since, well, the lighter one felt like nothing. Okay, now that I’ve done the complaining, I actually enjoyed the workout and felt like my legs were worked pretty well. She did offer some different sequences of exercises. I think that if I circle back to it I would increase my weight and use an even heavier tension band than what I grabbed halfway through.

Now that I wrote a book about that one, I added on a Chris D “HiiT” from Sep 29 of 2022. She had 3 guests—one was a nutritionist and the other two were shadowing the nutritionist. I mostly chose this one for the timing of the exercises, since I often do something different than what they do. I don’t do core work in Hiit, no planks or bear like they did. I do HiiT for the heartrate and nope, my heart rate doesn’t go up doing planks. The participants were doing the exercises at different paces and variations, and I did get used to that after initially being distracted. One of the young “shadowers” had questionable form occasionally, but I follow Chris for that anyway. So all in all it was a good cardio finisher!

Chele, I hope you can remember YOUR name, which is—wait for it—Peloton Princess!

Barre B..., yes, the furry one definitely got some love. He’s just SO soft and cuddly and impossible to resist!

Waves and hugs!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-23, 09:49 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh.... I am slow... I just got the Barre B. == Barbie. . I love Peloton Princess!!!

It is frustrating when Cathe is going at a fast pace and it's hard to judge the weights to use. I also personally would not pause the CL workouts very often but that's a mental thing for me -- different remote, and I don't know why, but I wouldn't think about the ability to pause for some reason.
Old 12-31-23, 09:57 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Oh my gosh.... I am slow... I just got the Barre B. == Barbie. . I love Peloton Princess!!!

It is frustrating when Cathe is going at a fast pace and it's hard to judge the weights to use. I also personally would not pause the CL workouts very often but that's a mental thing for me -- different remote, and I don't know why, but I wouldn't think about the ability to pause for some reason.
Bee.. I was slow on that one too But quite creative!!!

I also forget to pause including Peloton, Chris, etc.

Cataddict… I will wear my tiara proudly

Happy to say, I hit my daily 3 mile goal for the month of December. Focusing on that success with this morning‘s workouts.

Chris re-released step #238 as a bonus today. It’s a vertical routine. Very basic at a slower pace. Bee and Kate…this might be another good one if you want to mix things up. Only 30 minutes. Great music!! Followed with 2 Peloton treadmill classes — Top 10 of 2023 and NYE party.

Number Two was Flowers-Miley Cyrus
Number One was Unholy Remix-Sam Smith & Kim Petras

Cathe calls the new DVDs-Videos 2023. I plan on starting the cycling rotation tomorrow but using Peloton classes as a substitute.

We are headed to my sister’s this evening. Always lots of fun with plenty of food and games. And of course, banging pots and pans at midnight. My daughter is working and then staying at our house with a few friends.

Cheers to a year of growth, positivity and achieving our goals! Happy 2024!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-23, 11:26 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, I didn't think you were belittling me in any way! I thought we were saying much the same thing actually. Anywho, no worries! But will you share a link to the spiky ball? I've seen the one Linda uses and always, always wondered about it...because it looks like a torture device! But looks are deceiving. Not that I need another ball...yet...but you never know!!!

FN2, you're so freaking funny!! I love Chele's Peloton Princess name!! Perfect!

Okay, need coffee....I'll post later today and then start the 2024 check-in. Have a great day all and into a lovely new year!!

Old 12-31-23, 07:56 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm baaaaack friends!!

My last workout of 2023 started with PBOD Athletic HIIT Pilates which was a fantastic little 23-minute fusion flow where Tracey is filming at a friend's house in front of a GORGEOUS pool. I swear, I couldn't stop looking at it and wanting to dive in. The entire series collection that includes this little workout gem is filmed outside of some amazing house which must be this friend's. I'm wondering if it is a celebrity from the looks of the property, sheesh!

Anywho, that got my sweat on, but my legs needed more of a warmup before the onslaught of Ballet Beautiful, so I did Cathe's Killer Legs Barre Bonus next. I noticed Jenn A also makes some seriously funny faces! At one point, she's smiling but her eyes really aren't, and they seem to be casting daggers right at Cathe, hah hah hah!! Hilarious!

I finished today with Ballet Beautiful Body Blast. This workout never, ever gets easier, UG. Such dread going in and I have a hard time staying present during because it's hard, but then I feel so accomplished when I'm done with all four sections, like woot woot, I made it, I survived!

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed she was uneven in the exercises and reps for the second butt series (the last section), but I was too traumatized and exhausted to do much about it. Last week, I rewound the first side and used that cueing for the second side but was still too wiped to bother watching the rest to see if I was right on the unevenness.

Today, I rewound and then DID watch the second side and yep, she's off...she combines some of the sets and entirely skips others so it's off...maybe she was struggling so much she was just trying to get through it too like I do, hah hah! Anyway, now I know and I know how to make sure I'm even.

And with that, I guess I should start the 2024 Watulan check-in! Hope you'll all meet me over there and hope you have a fantastic New Year's Eve. My very (not) exciting plan is cooking dinner and continuing to watch this show my husband and I are enjoying. BUT I'ma gonna open a bottle of wine, and I'll for sure raise a glass to you all!! See you on the other side!!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in