Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-02, 03:29 PM  
fitness fanatic

G-Force picks??

These guys look absulely dee-lish Hunky men doing aerobics (siigh). Floor funk aero - help me decide y'all. I'm thinking G-Force Ultimate Cardio looked pretty advanced, but I hate buying funk tapes that explain every move and you get zip of a workout in terms of heartrate. Is this one good or is another G-Force better?
Thanks y'all!
fitness fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-02, 06:32 PM  
PamelaP

Hi FF -- are you looking for guidance just on G-Force's two funk workouts (Ultimate Funk and the funk section of Ultimate Cardio), or all of their tapes? I am a big fan of their step tapes myself. Sadly, I was born without a funk gene.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-02, 09:03 PM  
Shelby
VF Supporter

Question Easy to follow?

Quote:
Originally posted by PamelaP
I am a big fan of their step tapes myself. Sadly, I was born without a funk gene.
Pamela, I have a similar impairment, funk-wise. Are you able to follow these hunks, though?
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-02, 11:02 PM  
PamelaP

I can do their step very well and their hi/lo pretty well, but truth be told, I haven't even tried those two funk workouts yet, even though I've had them for quite some time. I'm so self-conscious about my lack of funkyness that I won't even do it in front of myself...LOL!
Old 02-01-02, 02:16 PM  
fitness fanatic

Thank you soo much for the replies.

Hey Pamela - funky workouts are my favorites...I want to add a floor program to my ever-growing mountain of tapes . As the song says "I gotta dance". If you won't mind, I'd love to hear your reviews on the step and hi/low. Does it get your heart rate pumping enough .. some workouts I've trashed have done the "explain the move while everyone marches, then do the move" thingy, which I hate!

Hi Shelby, I probably look like a freak, that's the safety of groovin in my living room. I laugh at myself so many times *LOL*.
fitness fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-02, 05:35 PM  
PamelaP

Most of G-Force's hi/lo tapes are pretty dancy, but not terribly intense. When I'm learning their hi/lo routines it's definitely a struggle to stay in my target heart rate zone. Once I know the routine I can push myself in certain parts of the workout to keep my heart rate up. I don't know your situation but I personally carry a lot of extra weight, so if anything I can usually stay in my THRZ even when those of a more "normal" weight can't. So if you are slimmer/more fit than me, you may find their hi/lo to be not very challenging (intensity-wise) at all.

I LOOOOOOVE all of their step tapes, especially the two latest ones, Super Step and Cardio Step. SS in particular has less teaching and more intensity. And they are such fun instructors...I just love 'em.

Hope that helps!

Tags
self-conscious