Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-22, 11:15 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Fusion Flow + Glow

Hi Ladies,

I also did the Flow Sculpt one glider workout and used two pounds this time, too! I really love this one! Having done it once before, it does take some getting used to figuring out the gliding and set up. Not that it's hard, but I was monkeying around before, trying to decide which of my three glider sets I liked best with this. Also, did I want use on hard tile floor (basement workout room) or put some mats down...and which one, LOL! I have multiple yoga mats, and the ones I liked best for this workout have a slicker surface than a regular sticky yoga mat. And, the gliding discs I liked best after experimenting were the Valslides with the foam cushion padding for underneath foot, and slicker bottom surface. I really like the other 30 minute workout from this DVD, also. I think it works the inner thigh muscles even better. Even with the light weights today, I was sweating and dripping on my yoga mat. It's also very humid here today!

Funny, I did the wrong workout yesterday on the rotation because I printed it on one sheet of paper (double-sided) and had the wrong side of the rotation flipped upside. I should have done the interval walk, instead of steady state! Oh well!

Donna, congratulations!

wishiwasinhawaii, good idea about wearing a pedometer. I might try this, also! I've been really enjoying my hikes, but now that it's getting warmer here it's getting almost unbearable with the heat and humidity, too! So, I'll be hiking a little less and plan to do some kayaking soon!

Sherry, hope you're doing a little better day by day! Jessica's stretches are wonderful. I don't know why I don't add them in every day!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 01:51 PM  
Leonana

Did Dr. Jo's Five Minute Neck Stretch this morning, and added some of my own stretches in. I haven't been stretching enough lately. I think Jessica's stretch might be a little too much for me today.

Yesterday, we went two hours north to Payson to visit our friends. Their granddaughter had a birthday party. We came back in the evening. I overdid it and am paying for it today, but I still would do it again. I really enjoyed it. After resting today, I should feel better tomorrow.

I had my appointment with the psychiatric nurse affiliated with my neurology office. She said my nerve medication is also a mood stabilizer, and I haven't been taking it long enough for it to work yet. She doesn't want to prescribe too much medication, when I'm already dealing with side effects with this one. It takes a few weeks for my body to adjust and side effects to minimize. In three weeks, I will check in with her again, and see how I'm doing on the nerve med/mood stabilizer. In the meantime, I should distract myself and try to develop more relationships. My introvert self is going ouch, lol. I am relieved about not dealing with another med, at least at the moment. So, still too early to tell if this med will work. Hopefully, the new mouth guards will help when I get them. That will also take a few weeks. Hard to be patient sometimes!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying Jessica's new set. I'm not planning on doing it, although I suppose anything is possible in the future. But I'm hoping I can eventually do something like Coco Lime Fitness.
Old 06-01-22, 01:55 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - it is good to hear from you - it sounds positive, just that things take time and it is hard to be patient, I understand! Having to wait is anxiety inducing on its own. I bet that you will be healed enough at some point to resume exercising - and I do think that you could do these workouts - the pace is reasonable and you can always go lighter or cut things short if you need to.

Hang in there!

I told my boss, all is good.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 10:34 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

Your news is very encouraging! Slow and steady, and you'll get back to working out again. Stretching exercises are very healing and a good mood booster, so sounds like you're already doing better. I agree with Donna, that down the road...Jessica's new workouts are very doable and the pace is just right. You just take it easy and do what you can do and work yourself up to things again, but in your time. It has to be right for you and you have to be ready. Jessica is a wonderful motivator, also. But hey, Donna and I are going light with the weights. Big brother is not watching you or forcing you to do anything. You have to be in control, and start with what you can, a little at a time.

Glad you had an enjoyable visit with friends. We've got friends coming over to the house this weekend, and I'm always anxious at first. I'm happy when they are gone (as we've had a good time) but I'm also exhausted!

April Focus:
Old 06-02-22, 06:08 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Most of the DVDs arrived yesterday. Four arrived together and one arrived a few hours later. Then I got a message from Amazon saying the last DVD has been delayed and will be here next week. Strange, but that's the Split Session one and it doesn't come up in the rotation until day 10, so hopefully it'll be here by then.

I did the Total Body 48 last night and really enjoyed it! I thought it moved at a nice pace and the exercises were not complex, but effective. As I always do with a new workout, I used lighter weights (5 lbs) except for the chest presses on the floor when I used 8 lbs. I also didn't use the step because I still have on and off knee issues. I do wish there was a countdown clock though, but that's the only 'complaint' I have. I did miss Debbie and Beth, but Jessica showed the modifications so it was fine. The dedication to Peanut at the end was touching. I wonder if she'll get another dog?

Sherry, Glad to hear things are improving. I'm sure you'll get back to exercising at some point, just have to be patient and give yourself a chance to heal.

Donna, Glad your talk with your boss went well.

Pam, Kayaking sounds like fun. I can't swim so I stay away from that sort of thing, LOL.
Old 06-02-22, 09:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did CS 601 and this morning was CS 602. I decided to re-visit Season 6. I think I will temporarily suspend my ETV subscription for now and work on the DVDs I have. I have all the seasons through 12 and will buy Seasons 13 and 14 eventually, too. I like the live workouts, but since I'm mixing things up I am finding that the simplicity of the episodes are easier to fit in and still beneficial.

I have been really tired and dragging lately - I can't even totally blame lack of sleep either. I think it is just the result of working so much over the last several months plus the emotional turmoil of switching jobs. I am sure it will even out soon.

But, that being said, I didn't have enough time for the "5K" steady walk this morning - it being 50 minutes! I will tack something else on this evening - more than likely though I'll probably pick something in the 30 min range.

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy has a new program for June -Strive. I may do this one in July when I'm having my renovations continue -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX__...F7eZDKzmITqAQA

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm glad your DVDs arrived - at least most of them! I'm enjoying the set so far.

and Sherry - YES! on what Pam said, I think you'll be able to do these eventually. To build back up you can try Silver & Fit, Senior Shape w/ Lauren and Lively Ladies. Lively Ladies often does a 'repeat' workout - where you run through a set of exercises once and the repeat it a 2nd time. You can always skip the second set as you build back up. I also do like CocoLime, too. she offers many options and good "stopping" points during the workout so you can go at your own pace, split the sessions up, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Donna
Old 06-02-22, 03:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk a 5k!

Hi Ladies,

I was working out early this morning and did the walking workout that I should have done from the rotation on Monday, LOL! Today was the Fast Walk (interval cardio) workout! I started out pretty good with this one, but the pace is quicker than her Steady State walk. She does build up the moves before she ups the tempo though, but it's very energetic compared to the other walk. I remember looking at clips and she was doing jumping jacks (I think) and I thought "oh boy"---not! But, there are modifications suggested for you making this YOUR workout. I kept the intensity pretty low and even with all of this, I was exhausted by the end! Jessica is like the energizer bunny...but not me! At least not today! ;-)

I liked this, but didn't love it as much as the other Steady State walk. The Fast Walk today just felt too long. If I'd been able to do half the workout instead, I would have been fine. So, I need to figure out how to cut this up at a good stopping point the next time it comes up in the rotation.

I went on a short outdoor hike this afternoon and then about six of us went out for pizza afterwards. I had a glass of wine with lunch and now I'm sleepy.

wishiwasinhawaii, my DVD "bundle" order came in two different packages. The first four arrived first, and then another delivery came later that same day with (Stretch + Release and Split Sessions) probably being shipped from another warehouse. I know they didn't arrive together because they were left at two different locations by different drivers.

April Focus:
Old 06-02-22, 06:19 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

I just finished the "Steady Walk" - I only intended to do 30 minutes but I did the whole thing. I enjoyed it and preferred it to the Fast Walk. The Fast Walk wasn't bad, but felt random to me. This one I liked much better - it felt sort of like a cross between her walking videos and her "brain fitness fun" from Walk Strong 1.0 as she does a lot of agility moves and moves that coordinate upper and lower body movements. This one was a winner. But it is hard for me to fit in a full 50 minutes - not to mention the warm-up and cool down - so I may shorten it in the future. There doesn't seem to be a logical stopping place, so I figure just setting my timer for the time I have available will have to do!

Oh well - off to get caught up on work I didn't do during the day b/c of meetings.

Donna
Old 06-03-22, 06:41 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

The final DVD arrived yesterday so I have them all now!

Fast Walk was on the schedule yesterday so I wore a pedometer to get an idea when I had done 1 mile. It took about 20 minutes, so once I hit the mile mark, I stopped because I had already gone for a long outdoor walk earlier in the day. Like Donna said, it did feel random, but I will have to do more of it next time or pick up where I left off to see how the rest of it is. I don't see myself doing 45 minutes of that type of walking at one time though, at least not at this point--mainly because it's just too humid here, so this could be something to do in the fall.

At first, I thought Jessica got a new dog because there was something in the background that looked like a puppy version of Peanut, but then I realized it was a stuffed animal. So cute though!

I'm off work today because I have an eye doctor appointment this morning. It always takes forever for the dilation to wear off and I doubt I'll be able to do a workout later, so I got up early and did the Fusion Flow workout. I liked it, but I don't have gliders and using a paper plate didn't work too well. There was too much 'drag' on the surface so I'll have to buy some gliders.

Donna, When do you start your new job? Will you have to do both for a certain length of time?

Pam, I was surprised when Jessica started doing jumping jacks because I wasn't expecting that!

Waves to Sherry!
Old 06-03-22, 08:45 AM  
Leonana

Good news on the med front. It's starting to work, and I have less pain. Still can't do much movement, but it's better.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. The issue isn't really if I can do the workout. The med and pain does make me more tired and weaker, but I could manage some exercise. It's that all movement causes more pain, so I have to limit it. Once the med works enough that I can move again without pain, then I can attempt exercise again. It's tricky to balance it, because I have to move some just to live life. For my mental health I get out a bit. But I think I can do a bit more now, as the med continues to work. As my body adjusts to the med over the next month, I should have more energy. And the mouth guards should help some too, to limit irritation of the nerve.

Tags
tablet