Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-17, 06:15 AM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Are you all using the tower or modifying? I'd like to know if these are easy to modify without the tower.
I'm not using the tower and I dont have a barre. I didn't think I would get a lot of use out of the tower and I didn't want a large piece of equipment, so I passed. I'm glad that I picked up the dvds though.
I think the workouts are easy to modify without it. Total Body and Bootcamp are very different from Cathe's other workouts.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 06:31 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I just ordered the total body workout from Mary. No tower.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 11:02 AM  
marki64

Hmmm. I have no intentions of getting a tower, but if these can be done without it, I may get it a dvd down the road. Just based on the clips, I see how I could easily use a high step and/or chair. I have no trouble improvising. It seems sometimes it's just used for balance. Don't care about pull ups at all. I can find a substitution.

Please keep us informed on how the workouts are without the tower.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-17, 10:21 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Hmmm. I have no intentions of getting a tower, but if these can be done without it, I may get it a dvd down the road. Just based on the clips, I see how I could easily use a high step and/or chair. I have no trouble improvising. It seems sometimes it's just used for balance. Don't care about pull ups at all. I can find a substitution.

Please keep us informed on how the workouts are without the tower.
It's too bad Cathe couldn't show someone in the workouts modifying without the tower but it seems like the reason she created these was to sell the tower. When I asked if I could do these workouts without a tower she said no.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 05:19 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
Are you all using the tower or modifying? I'd like to know if these are easy to modify without the tower.
Yes, the three workouts are extremely easy to do without the tower. Some modifications for doing the workouts without the tower were posted upthread.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 08:51 AM  
bonbon

I have the original tower and will make do with that, even though I am coveting the new one. The only problem I see with using the old tower is that is has more settings/holes, so when she say set it in 7, it's not exactly the same height she is at. I'll just have to play with it.
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 11:01 AM  
suzannaerin

I did the lower body workout (skipped the core part) and enjoyed it. The time went fast. Have to say, I was surprised it wasn't tougher (I'm used to her Live barre segments which are tough).
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 09:01 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
I have the original tower and will make do with that, even though I am coveting the new one. The only problem I see with using the old tower is that is has more settings/holes, so when she say set it in 7, it's not exactly the same height she is at. I'll just have to play with it.
I have the original tower and someone who has both sent me a picture. There is no hole 1, the bar is at the very bottom, then the first hole is #2, then every other hole is a number. So with the tower we have, we have 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4 etc. Works good for me. I hope this helps.

I really like these workouts more than I thought I would.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 06:35 PM  
Fitstick

Any other reviews of these workouts?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 07:27 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I was hoping to do the upper body section (with no tower) of the total body workout today, but didn't.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b-bounder, bernadette giorgi, cathe, fit tower, fit tower advanced, fit tower reviews, fit tower workouts