Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-21, 07:51 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of June 13

Hi all. Just got back from a trip to Asheville. We had a good time. I hope everyone is doing well.

Back to talk later.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 03:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Finally did the Thick Thighs Save Lives workout episode 182 In Da Club (posted on Thur) yesterday: 50 reps each of db front squats, alternating db rack lunges, ab mat situps and alternating db snatches. I did 5 rounds of 10 using 10 lb dumbbells. I could tell I don't do lunges enough! My ab mat isn't here yet so I tried the situps with my half dome roller thing. Followed that with the final day of the Push, Pull, Swing challenge and Sim & Limber. Then we sat and stuffed our faces the rest of the day playing D&D!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 07:14 AM  
Cher

We had a great weekend! Good time up north and then when we were driving home yesterday my SIL called and invited us out on the boat. Her BF builds these fancy speed boats but can’t afford to buy his own. They built a boat to use as a demo and each owner gets the boat for a weekend so this was his weekend. It was awesome and the weather was beautiful all weekend! Perfect Michigan summer days!

Workout wise, I drove Joseph to work Friday morning but when I got back, I talked myself into doing Cathe’s Pyramid Pump One Time each exercise premix. I got through the chest exercises and my SIL called that my MIL had a weird episode and wanted us to come over and see what we thought about her. We don’t really know what happened but when we got there, she was just staring up with her mouth open. As we all were there and talking with her she started responding to us more. (We saw her yesterday and she seemed good as could be expected). Saturday my mom and I went for about a 45 minute walk at the cabin. No workout yesterday.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off. Glad you had a good time on your trip.

Vannie - I loved how you said you stuffed your faces for the rest of the day! My kind of day! Lol

Waves Karen & Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 03:42 PM  
Vantreesta

I should have skipped today. I woke up with a headache so decided to postpone my run till tonight but I went ahead and tried my other workouts. I did my boxing app workout, day 1 of the swing challenge and my Conditioning workout (consisting of squat thrusts, db double cleans, side to side hops, plank drags, dead bugs and bird dogs) and my head just got worse and worse. Ditched the Crossrope workout and did a stretch. I still just feel crummy even after eating. Not sure the run is gonna happen tonight.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-14-21, 03:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Yesterday was a 30 minute recovery after the trail race and today was a 60 minute interval run with Peloton. Going to Burn Boot Camp for legs tomorrow.

Jbliff great to have you back. How was Asheville? Was it fairly cool? Did you hike?
I missed your posts!

Wow Cher that sounds like a gorgeous weekend. I have visions of beautiful Lake
Michigan in my mind and you guys out on the speedboat. I remember the “pure
Michigan” commercials from a few years ago.

Vannie your workouts are priceless to read! How often, on average, does your daily workout take? Do you have DVDs or streaming or both? Face stuffing is a great workout.

DH and I drove to a small, coastal town on the Gulf today. I’m off. Took about an hour. That part of Florida is called the Forgotten Coast and is beautiful but rural.

Have a good evening all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 05:37 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Christi Taylor’s Totally Cool Step Section 1 and Cathe’s Lower Body Add-On from her Basic Step dvd.

Vannie - I hope your feeling better today.

Karen - I love Florida in the winter but nothing beats a Michigan summer! Yoor visit to the Gulf town sounds really nice.

Waves to JBliff & Gibbee!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 09:57 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- Asheville was fine but it was hot and rained almost every day so we didn't get to do any hiking. We did visit a cute little town nearby and walked around the whole town. We also took several walks, including a nice long 80-minute walk around the university campus, taking some nice trails into the woods.

Cher - I see you are back to doing step. I do get my retina checked every couple of years since I did have a retinal tear several years ago.

Vannie - I hope you are feeling better.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 06-15-21, 04:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a 2.25 mi hot run for me today and Helen Clare's Quick Post-run Yoga Routine. I don't think I'll be getting in day 2 of the swing challenge today.

I spent the morning cleaning house. My dad will be here by suppertime!

Karen, my workouts have been taking anywhere from one to two hours most days. Plus dog walks, which haven't been nearly enough lately with the heat. I have a ton of DVDs but a lot of what I've been doing this summer is paper workouts and some YouTube. I miss my DVDs and am trying to work them in!

Old 06-15-21, 09:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 30 minute EZ treadmill run and Legs at Burn Boot Camp. Good night!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 11:01 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE Bootcamp + blizzard blast.

Waves to all.