Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-21, 10:07 PM  
Leonana

Mowed the lawn this morning. At 9 am, it was 99 degrees. I worked up a sweat! Then I worked on dd's old room. I washed the walls and spackled the holes. I'm planning on painting this weekend. I will probably do a yoga workout this evening.

Vannie, I agree with Katie, that is sweet that Cyric gets excited to see your dad.

Katie, I'm glad you are getting a break from the heat wave.
Old 06-18-21, 09:36 AM  
Catahoula Cate

2 walks in yesterday, Essentrics dvd and youtube Citizen Athletics tutorial on the lats.

Sherry, oh my gosh! Mowing the lawn in 99 degrees...that's a workout!!

Vannie, have a wonderful visit with your dad.

MT, waves!! Pop in when you can.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 02:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri check-in: 1.5 mi run and 30 minutes of stretch, foam roll and glute activation. My left calf cramped up on my run but foam rolling and stretching didn't release it so not sure what's up with that. I stay well hydrated. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Yesterday morning I was too tired to run after 3 nights of 9:10 starts for baseball games on the west coast plus I "have to" watch the post-game show so very late nights. I intended to run then last night but when I got ready to go my Garmin battery was dead so of course it was just impossible to run without that! So it was a rest day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 08:32 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday I got a walk in early morning and end of day did a Lee Holden QiGong evening practice from youtube which was very nice. We went to town yesterday and I had an appt(my third) with a PT that specializes in massage techniques to break up scar tissue(old laparoscopic surgery) and work with fascia that has become inflexible mostly effecting my left pelvis, hip, leg. My last PT recommended her. It's proving to be helpful. I had no idea there were providers that specialized in this. It's different than what Jill Miller does but not to discount Jill because I think she is very helpful too but different approach.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 09:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I'm glad it's helping. I agree about different approaches. I think most modalities have smthg to offer, just like doing workouts from different instructors and doing different types of cardio and strength training.

Sherry, mowing in AZ is always hard for me to imagine bc my dad is out in the desert where there is no grass! My grandma and aunt have grass but it still seems weird to me to think of mowing.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-19-21, 02:02 PM  
Vantreesta

1 mile run in 8:56 with a 30 second walk at the beginning to get my armband situated. Calf is feeling better after sleeping so I just stretched and did glute activation, may foam roll later.

Old 06-21-21, 08:11 PM  
Vantreesta

I broke the rules. Never supposed to skip a Monday workout!

Yesterday my dad and I went to church and then we were all lazy the rest of the day, didn't even hit my 12k steps. He left for up north this morning. After he left I cleaned up the kitchen and started putting my gym back together but I never could get myself to workout. I guess I just needed a lazy me day, I don't know. Back at it tmrw!

We finally got a good rain yesterday but things are so dry that it didn't even green things up. Normally a rain like that at this time would have left some squishy spots in the backyard but there were none this morning. Thankful to get it though and I enjoyed watching it!

Old 06-21-21, 08:55 PM  
Leonana

I did a HASFit strength workout today, and loved it. I think I'm going to do more of their strength workouts. Of course, every time I say I'm going to do something, I change my mind, lol.

Vannie, it would be nice to not have to mow! Actually, we have grass year round out here. Rye in the winter, and bermuda in the summer. Although, with our drought, we are probably going to have to conserve water next year. Also, Nevada and Southern California. It probably is a waste of water to have grass in the desert. Although the golf courses will still get water, have to get those tourist dollars! The poor farmers will be hit the hardest. I'm glad you had a nice time with your dad.

Katie, I'm glad the new PT is helping.
Old 06-22-21, 12:09 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, Dad and I were talking about that, how the water should be reserved for the farmers since they are the ones feeding people!

Old 06-22-21, 09:23 AM  
MathTeacher

Hi Girls!

We are home from vacation. We had a great time, but it always good to be home. We have started plans for next year.

Katie, I am glad the new PT is working out for you.

Vannie, I am glad you and your dad are together. I miss your sweet mom.

Sherry, We have not reached 100 degrees yet. That's not counting the heat index. I know triple digits are coming.

Big news at our house. DH has stepped down as the high school band director. He is now the 5th and 6th grade music teacher at our middle school. I am really excited. No more 18 hour days!!!!