Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-28-21, 08:29 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quickly checking in

As I'm working at the computer (and should be doing other things!) A little distraction?

8/27/2021: 20 mins. You Tube San Fran beginner rebounding (to warm up), followed by Jump Rope 17 mins, 45 mins. Sweat Steady with Jess King (bike) 30 mins. Bradley Rose (low impact - Bradley is my new favorite) 10 mins BR cool down ride, 5 mins. PRS

They are having several new instructors arrive at Peloton (I believe it's 3 of them). Several have been MIA for about 10 days now, supposed to unfold "something big" . Rumor is dance classes. :: insert vomit face :: Rumored is the rowing machine. The price of the original bike has dropped by $400 to make it more accessible to more people and I hope that's to make room for the (rumored) rower. They are also beginning to ship the NEW treadmill on 8/31. So lots of Peloton news.

Jump rope is STILL really REALLY hard for me. But I can do hard things and will persevere. . .

Gotta run.
Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 07:18 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
I inserted one FOR you.

Sooo sorry about allergies. Can't imagine what's it's like to have to deal with that year after year - you must dread the season coming on.
"But I can do hard things and will persevere. . . " YES YOU CAN, and WILL!

LILI
Aaaahhh - there's a Jessica again.

For me, last night, it was Cathe - Shock Cardio - Circuit Blast
When she said "last round" I was pleased. Matched all weights & step height for box jumps, and MOST of the pushups on toes - except the squat thrust one, where legs are out - then jump them into wide stance as you land in pushup position. Nope, when my legs were out, I JUST did a pushup.

It's official - we're pulling the plug today on the new router & switching back to the old one, ready for another week of online teaching. News is that (until informed otherwise) we're not going back to work until the 8th of November - and teachers have until then to get vaccinated, because it shall be mandatory.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 07:10 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sunday morning

going to check in (while I'm sitting here reading!) then I'm up to date and ready to move onward. Thinking about my September goals. I'm going to treat September 1st like New Year's Eve and get busy for the last 4 mos. of the year. I think I've lollygagged enough the last 10 months that it's time to get busy again. Look out --- here I come. So easy to fall into the lather, rinse, repeat mode and not make any progress. (I'm talking diet wise.) Without going into too much detail: THAT ENDS AS OF NOW ......... I can do a lot in 4 months. Yes. I can!!! (Goes along with "I can do hard things".) I (obviously) have proven to myself I can maintain for some time now. Now it's time to get back at it.

Enough of that. On to more of me, me, me!

8/28/2021: 60 mins. Power Zone endurance
w/Matt, 30 mins. PZE with CDE, 5 mins. prs, 10 mins. Light weights & arms with Bradley Rose, 10 mins. Core with Ben Alldis

I'm not super thrilled with some of the weight workouts. For the most part, they do them evenly, but sometimes they don't. Grumble, grumble. My right side was well worked. Never lead with the left (boxing moves). seriously?!? Oh well, won't be doing that one again, as much as I adore Bradley Rose!

Make it a great day. Off to get some chores done and exercise. (today is the LAST workout of this current challenge). YAY ........ RECESS.
Cleda
Old 08-29-21, 08:05 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
The timing of your declaration couldn't have been better!

I've been losing weight steadily all year, but no where NEAR enough! We've recently been told we don't go back to school until the 8th of November. Starting tomorrow (Mondivation) means I have 10 weeks before going back. A very nice chunk of time with a goal date close enough to be in sight - which should set me up to finish the year out with momentum.

September theme (?) Keep your goals in sight. Thoughts?

Sunday
Tony Horton - P90 Masters- Sweat 5-6

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-29-21, 09:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

theme for Sept.

Helen: I don't know! You're the creative one. . . I'm going with September 1st is the NEW New Year's .... and I agree. 10 weeks is lots of time. The one challenge I'm in is 11 weeks, so it fits it perfectly. I know when we were home in lockdown, I went back and they were SHOCKED at how much weight I had lost. I started prior to that, so got rid of the first 30 lbs. of fluff and went on from there. So by the time we went into lockdown, I was into the nitty-gritty of weight loss (which it sounds like you're about the same!) It's a great feeling and yes!!! You can do it and make a difference.

It was so much easier for me when we were in lockdown. I didn't go to the store, I had no outside stressors as I was home doing my own thing. It made me long for retirement (which is on the horizon) .... even MORE. I know I won't get bored, I know I will thoroughly enjoy it and then my time becomes my own. No worrying about anyone/anything else!!!!

Here's to my NEW YEAR!

Cleda
Old 08-30-21, 04:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Monday morning Post & Run

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hope your old/new router works for you Helen!

Not a lot to report. My challenge is done, I am now on RECESS. So it's whatever workouts I want. Don't know when the next one is starting. I say now that I may skip it (but we all know that will probably change come closer to the time.!!!)

I have my 2022-2023 Calendar arriving today. I hope it's the right one. I like the 2 year one that I used and I'm thinking this is the same. I'll find out today.

Anyway, here's the check in:

8/29/2021: Row 10 mins. with Mac, 10 mins. row with Aquil, 20 mins. row with Nick, 60 mins. Power Zone Endurance with Matt, 10 mins. Cool down ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch

And there you have it. New day. New week. and Wed. starts a new month.
Here we go!!!

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 08-30-21, 06:52 AM  
Helen

Monday, 30th August
62min, Cathe - Rhythmic Step, 6"
Last time for this one for Choreo Monday. Not sure what we'll try to crack next.

CLEDA
That scenario of "I went back and they were SHOCKED at how much weight I had lost." would be VERY nice!!

September Thread

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 08-31-21, 05:04 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen has already posted the September thread, so I need to catch up! Sorry that you will have to deal with online teaching, but once again, your country is taking this very seriously, as it should. My son has to go back to in office work in October and they are requiring vaccinations, but they aren’t asking for proof!?!
Cleda - focusing on your diet is a great idea. You have come so far, and it is soooo easy to fall off the wagon. Sometimes I think that since I’ve worked out I can eat that ice cream (or whatever), and it just doesn’t work that way. Especially when my treadmill and bike are giving me the calorie burn numbers!

I’m on my iPad with spotty Wi-Fi, so let me get to the workouts, as scant as they are:
8/27 - dog walk
GHU’s Tread & Shred Interval Walk 2
Rebounding on my own
8/28 - nothing, got ready to mow the lawn and then it started raining, and then we were too busy.
8/29 - 30 min neighborhood walk
Played at the pool with my grandkids
8/30 - bike ride with the grandkids that didn’t go as far as we wanted, but it was something.
5 Min Core Strength w/ Selena

I’ve been trying to get some core workouts in, but most of the time I can’t get Peloton to load, once again, spotty internet. I have been doing my push-ups!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 04:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Better finish off August

So my 2022-2023 calendar arrived. It's the right one! YAY! I can't believe that somewhere along the line I went to calendars that are 2 years instead of 1 year. It saves me from having to hunt them down every year.

Better get August behind me so I can move on to September!!

Lili: No proof necessary? Seriously? Honor System??? You gotta be kidding me???? :: slaps forehead :: I don't trust people at all and that's how we're in this mess to begin with. I have to laugh cuz I mask up (and have continued to do so) when going to the store. I have a feeling that most of the masked people who voluntarily did it over the last few weeks are also the ones who are vaccinated. Go figure!

Waves to all! (Don't have a lot of time)

Challenge is over, so it's on to recess:

8/30/2021: Jump rope 10 mins, Tread Bootcamp 45 minutes w/Adrian (total body), Bradley Rose Classical Pop ride * 20 mins,

8/31/2021: Row 10 mins. w/Mike (Sweat), Stretch 10 mins. with Rebecca Kennedy, meditate 5 mins. (with my new BackPod)**

* Bradley Rose's Classical Pop ride from 8/29/2021 is just PURE gold. Loved the music (I enjoy and have many of the songs he played - big fan of Piano Guys and others!) and just a delightful ride. (Lili - you have to try this one. Perfection!) And Bradley Rose is just adorable (as always!)

** BackPod: I got this in hopes to work on my "hump" (on my back/shoulders area) from years and years of poor posture, computer work and phone use. It's the silliest little thing and looks just like it sounds. I checked out some ways to use it and one of the youtubers uses it while meditating. I thought, Hmmmm. . . Now that could work. Combine two things. Sooooooooooo I tried it and voila! It was great. I am hoping to incorporate it (daily) come Sept. Yes. You all read that correctly - I may aim for daily meditation in September. Stay tuned.

There is a rowing challenge that starts on 9/13 and goes for 4 weeks, so there will be a little more rowing in my check ins come that time! (of course it's for a badge).

Ok, gotta run. It's getting late.
On to September.
Cleda
Old 09-01-21, 05:41 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I will definitely try the B. Rose ride! I also like him, encouraging, silly, and just very likable. I also want to look into the BackPod. Sounds good!
Waves to Helen - see you in the September thread!

8/31 - Longer bike ride with hubby and DS2
Beach walk, 2.6 miles

We rode our bikes from Cape Henlopen to Gordon’s Pond, it’s the trail you see Joe and Jill Biden riding on. There are spots marked on the parking lot where they land the Presidential helicopter. We geeked out a little about that.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote