Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-21, 12:49 PM  
desderata

I agree with everyone else - they're intermediate to advanced. I enjoy them, but if Cathe's late cueing in her dvd workouts bothers you, you probably won't enjoy Cathe Live. Her cueing in general is worse, and sometimes she skips an entire set of exercises in one round, or has a lot more reps on one side.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 08:16 AM  
Elsie

Can anyone suggest which (NOT step) Cardios are the easiest?
Since being back on Cathe LIVE, which I've been enjoying, I've just found a couple (boxing ones) that don't appear to kill me or have quite a bit of horizonatal/plank segments. I suppose my capacity in cardio has weakened overall and I don't do horizontal cardio due to medical reasons. Not that I don't like to be challenged, but probably not that much right now.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 11:16 AM  
AnMrsDe

These are mostly older Lives that I have listed as easier ones and sometimes due to the length but YMMV. Also some of these aren't totally cardio...and I can't guarantee no plank work:

#83 Crush It Low Impact - similar to ICE Low Impact Sweat but still a major sweatfest with a little more leg focus than ICE LIS. 35 min.

#106 Low Impact Cardio Leg Blasts & Ball Upper Body (Cardio/upper body weights) - Low impact blasts followed by moderate weight leg work then UB weights using stability ball. 53 min.

#120 Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing - old school grapevines, twists and up & overs, then k/b with boxing gloves. 47 min.

#191 Low Impact Conditioning - Five rounds of circuits of low impact cardio, weight combos and core. 37 min.

#198 Circuit Crush - Cardio, lower body, upper body and core (uses DB's & gliders). 40 min.

#217 Cardio, Glutes & Core Express - cardio with focus on glutes & core (Cathe's cueing isn't the best in this one). 39 min.

#272 Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing - A good one when low on energy and "Nate the Great" is in this one. 57 min. (without bag segment = 45 min).

HTH!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 07:58 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

#83 Crush It Low Impact - similar to ICE Low Impact Sweat but still a major sweatfest with a little more leg focus than ICE LIS. 35 min.

#106 Low Impact Cardio Leg Blasts & Ball Upper Body (Cardio/upper body weights) - Low impact blasts followed by moderate weight leg work then UB weights using stability ball. 53 min.

#120 Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing - old school grapevines, twists and up & overs, then k/b with boxing gloves. 47 min.

#191 Low Impact Conditioning - Five rounds of circuits of low impact cardio, weight combos and core. 37 min.

#198 Circuit Crush - Cardio, lower body, upper body and core (uses DB's & gliders). 40 min.

#217 Cardio, Glutes & Core Express - cardio with focus on glutes & core (Cathe's cueing isn't the best in this one). 39 min.

#272 Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing - A good one when low on energy and "Nate the Great" is in this one. 57 min. (without bag segment = 45 min).

HTH!
Wow, excellent list! I appreciate your sharing.
Yes, I liked the Old School Cardio & Kickboxing as well. Lots of fun.
I will be going through this list in December! Yay!

**off to watch who this Nate is**

ETA: Ooooh, Nate!!! Now I know! Yeah, I generally love it when any guys are in the class and it's just great having Nate there as his form is amazing (boxing form is nice to follow) and I've noticed that Cathe gives more direction & pointers when Nate and another guy who's name I cannot recall (of course not, terrible with remembering names. Lol) is in the class. Maybe she was training that guy or something cause her cool-down was much longer and she explained a lot of the moves.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 06:44 PM  
gigi

Cathe Live is my "go to" along with CDorner Fitness on youtube. Cathe often says that you can go heavier and do less reps. There was a lot more variety when she was filming solo during COVID but I missed her workout peeps.
Old 11-29-21, 07:05 AM  
cecififi

Warning - once you subscribe.... it will be hard to unsubscribe! Cathe Live (IMHO) is amazing, offers so much variety and, for an extra 10 bucks or so a mth you can have her on demand too. I'm hooked for life. Oops - forgot to affirm what others have said - it's easy to modify and most of her workouts are intermediate with lots of short breaks.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 01:56 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Cathe Live has replaced most of the DVD workouts I used to do. Most of them are intermediate, and if you use the app, there is a list for each type of workout, and one arranged by shortest to longest. I find these workouts easier than most of her DVDs. I would say they are generally solid Intermediate level. I love that the class consists of ordinary people, not fitness professionals. These are great!
nyskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 10:47 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love Cathe Live and have subscribed from the beginning. I agree that most are intermediate or easy to modify up or down. I do a lot of her high impact modifying to lower (I appreciate that she usually shows a modification). The variety is awesome too, you can now do a different workout every day for a year plus!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, dumbbell size