Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-01-21, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Jessica Smith and Friends 2021

No matter what 2021 may bring, here's to another year of great workouts with Jessica and others!

Please join us - whether you do Jessica's workouts exclusively or sprinkled in with other instructors - all are welcome.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 09:20 AM  
donnamp

Happy New Year!!!

This morning's workouts were:

Pahla B - Day # 1 of her new weight loss series. I am not sure if I'm going to follow this or not, I haven't completely decided - but I did need a touch of cardio this morning and Pahla's routine was one of her Power Walks - meaning she alternates a walking/marching exercise w/ a low impact cardio exercise. Today's intervals were 30 seconds each. Nothing really different from Pahla - but it was a nice way to get moving.

Jessica Valent Pilates - 50 Min Intermediate Pilates Workout - Jessica V will be making it into my plans for this month - if not full time, at least part time. Although this was a longer workout, I still enjoyed it. It is the longer version of the workout she had posted on her You Tube channel. I like the way she taught it in a way that any level could participate and generally speaking, her workouts always leave me feeling better than when I started.

I do plan to get some yoga in today. Adriene's challenge starts tomorrow w/ a long practice - I may do it b/c DD and i plan to take a long walk tomorrow- so a yoga/cardio day may be nice.

I am happy to see that Jessica V is including some guest instructors!! Looking forward to trying Rebekah Rothstein's workout later this month.

It is dreary today so other than doing a few house chores I will probably just sit around, relax, read and watch more TZ...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-01-21, 09:25 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Happy New Year!

I was working yesterday and it was busier than it really should have been, so I forgot to post, but I did 360 Abs. Today was Dynamic Stretch.

My knee is back to normal now, so I guess it was just tendonitis. I'm still staying away from deep squats though and will see how it goes.

It's sunny here so far, but it's supposed to rain later. I'm going to go for a walk in a bit. I don't think most people are awake yet, lol!

Donna, What is TZ?

Waves to all!
Old 01-01-21, 09:45 AM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - TZ = Twilight Zone - I always watch in New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Very dreary here today - glad your knee is feeling better!

Donna
Old 01-01-21, 04:40 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did the Pilates and Yoga Standing workout. The balance was challenging. I really liked it, I can see it improving my balance and flexibility.

I think the floor stretch from the Stretch dvd is a keeper, I think it worked out most of the soreness in my neck. Maybe it was that twisty shoulder move, lol. I've been struggling with a sore neck for the past month, and it was slowly getting better. But I noticed a big improvement today.

Today I felt like You Tube, so it was the MFP Fall into Fitness 30 Minute Total Body Strength Training Workout. I liked this one because it was mostly single moves, only upper or lower body, no combinations. Also, Jessica used her lower weights for overhead moves. And no ab moves on the floor. A winner all around!

Pam, 360 Abs is a favorite of mine, I'll have to do it again. Since my workout mode has changed some with age, I'm curious if I now think it's too fast.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad your knee is better. It's sunny here, but cold for us. Highs in the low 60's, and lows in the mid 30's.

Donna, I don't think TZ has anything on 2020, lol. I'm glad to see the new thread, so I can look at 2021!
Old 01-01-21, 05:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 6 (Dynamic Stretch)

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year to you all!

Today I continued with Jessica's WS Day 6 (Dynamic Stretch.) I added to this Yoga Fusion Fix (Stress Relief and Relaxation) as well as Total Stretch (Total Stretch.)

It was wonderful to focus on stretching today and it was much needed!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Day 2 of Pahla's Weight Loss challenge - it was short and sweet - under 25 min - 20 seconds walking, 20 seconds low impact, 20 seconds weight. I do have to, as Pahla says, "quiet the monkey chatter" in my brain that says this isn't enough. Still not 100% sure if I will follow through w/ this challenge, but I made it to Day 2. I think the key to me following any challenge is to allow for some flexibility - so it may be that this takes me longer than 30 days to complete if I get the urge to do something else here and there...we shall see...as Pahla also says, "there are no exercise police" so I am sure if I slip in an Ellen Barrett workout, I'll be ok...

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 1 - Invitation - this was the longest practice of her series at 48 minutes, but I had the time this morning to do it. It was slow moving, as are most of her Day 1 videos. Again, we shall see how long I last w/ this challenge - again, the key being, allowing for flexibility.

I plan to walk w/ DD today if she is up for it. Yesterday I was just a total couch potato, I haven't done that in forever. It felt good.

Sherry - that is true - 2020 was just one of those years I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen it w/ my own eyes!

Pam - glad you got to enjoy some nice stretching.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!

Donna
Old 01-02-21, 05:31 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is an active rest day on WS 1. It was nice weather so I went out for a walk after lunch. Later I did a 3,000 step workout by Rick Bhullar on youtube. 3,000 steps in 23 minutes isn't bad! It was a disco themed workout with music from the Bee Gees and others, so it was fun.

Pam, It looks like we're both doing Walk Strong 1! I haven't done this rotation in a few years so it's been nice to revisit it.

Donna, How many episodes of TZ did you watch? That show always freaked me out! I agree with Sherry that 2020 was scarier than any of the TZ shows

Sherry, I did 360 Abs the other day and it felt very fast. Glad to hear the stretch workout helped your neck!
Old 01-02-21, 11:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 7 (Active Rest Day!)

Hi Ladies,

I'm glad today was an ARD for me! DH and I ended up meeting up with a friend in downtown Providence for a long walk around the city. We're looking for meeting spaces for an event in August, and just wanted to scout out some places. It was a little chilly and windy, but the almost two hour walk felt great!

wishiwasinhawaii, you inspired me to do Jessica's WS rotation when I read that you were planning to do it! It sounds perfect right now...do-able and obtainable. I feel like I need to work back up to some of her other more challenging rotations, and the Lift and Shift sounds like it could be just that (and more.) Not that we know many details....yet! Soon, I hope!

Donna, thanks for starting us up in the New Year!

Sherry, maybe I'm just easily irritated the older I get thinking "360 Abs" was too fast. I remember how fun I thought it was in the beginning. But, some days I'm cranky, LOL! KCM has some standing ab work that I prefer, but I might try a few of Jessica's other core workouts from WSII and WSIII to see what suits me best.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I made it to Day 3 and Day 2 - LOL!

Pahla B - 31 Day Weight Loss Series - Day 3 - walk and stretch. This one felt really good. My DD and I took a long walk yesterday - I got over 17K steps so it felt good to stretch today. The workout was walking intervals w/ stretching intervals.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 2 - Arrive

I may do some Pilates/PT type exercises later....

Way to go on your WS rotations, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii! I had a thought of going through all of Jessica's sets this year. I wonder how Lift & Shift is going to be???

But I have been thinking about going through WS1-2-3 this year. They are so well rounded and maybe I can overcome my fear of WS3.

Waves Sherry!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy