Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-08-21, 06:35 PM  
Mickey12

Is there anybody who doesn't love peanut butter? I mean, come on, it's just so perfect! I have a banana with peanut butter most mornings around 10:00 a.m. It's my second breakfast, Manley

I was all set to do Step It Off with Tracy York and Michele Dozois today. I started it and just couldn't get into it AT ALL. I was in a foul mood to start with and I wasn't in the mood to do dancy cardio. So I switched to Ingrid Romero's Edge Booty Upper Body. Quick and dirty 35 minutes of upper body. And my mood is better.

Kittybug I will join you on Wednesday for Ingrid's weighted glutes.

Cataddict your molasses cookies reminded me of my grandmother. She always made them and they're so good. I have her recipe but I don't ever make them because my husband doesn't like them.

Bee let us know how the chocolate mousse torte comes out. It sounds DELICIOUS!!!

ChelePA I'm glad to hear your husband's nose is slowly healing. You've really had an unbelievable couple of weeks. I know you'll enjoy the warmer weather that's coming.

I hope everyone has a great week. Mine started off with a stressful day, but the projects I'm working on are nearly done, so I hope the week gets better.
Old 03-08-21, 07:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I have a case of the Mondays, Watulans, hah hah!

Today was Travis' 'Equanimity' 90-minute practice on YouTube which was another absolute delight! I just LOVE these longer practices of his, they really hit the spot for me. Bee, trust me, the next sale on ID I'm totally caving for. I wanted to ask you if there are many longer practices on there, like 75 to 90 minutes, as that's my true yoga sweet spot? Also, is there a Roku app (I'm hoping)?

ChelePA, SO GLAD your husband's nose is looking better, phew! And yes, cannot wait for the Wednesday report on your daughter. Excellent news that she's doing so well too!

Horusosiris, I love apples and peanut butter! But like Kim, I tend to usually gravitate to bananas and PB, hah!

YES, Kim, let's do Ingrid on Weds. And that upper body workout of hers is seriously down and dirty and gets the job done. I was really sore from it! Sorry to hear about your stressful day...glad it's going to chill some for you!

Manleym, I Am Warrior 1 is on tap for tomorrow! Glad to hear you enjoy it! I still need to try the foam roller workout. Just haven't had a chance.

OMG, chocolate mousse torte? Did Bee say CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TORTE? How am I going to make it from FN2's house of cookies to Bee's house of torte in time, oh my!

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 08:45 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

OMG, chocolate mousse torte? Did Bee say CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TORTE? How am I going to make it from FN2's house of cookies to Bee's house of torte in time, oh my!

:
Kittybug- I am right behind you. Let's see who can get to both houses first!:
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 09:55 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Kittybug- I am right behind you. Let's see who can get to both houses first!:
I’m there too! Sounds AMAZING!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 09:08 AM  
ChelePA

Anna’s HIIT it Harder Day 9 Leg and Glutes with band. You definitely want to have a higher resistance band to feel the burn. She keeps the resistance band above her knees for every exercise in this one. She does a total of 10 exercises 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest and then repeats them once. It was a 30 minute workout including warm-up and stretch. I decided to add on Heather Robertson‘s Inner/Outer Thigh Toning. No equipment. It was around 20 minutes. She does 11 exercises then repeats them once. I think she does every exercise for around 30 seconds with a 10 second rest. No timer in this one which I missed . Only beeps. I would consider both intermediate/advanced intermediate. A little less intensity today which is exactly what I needed.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 12:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones!

I'm nervous about making that dessert..... I saw a bunch of tips on how to get the chocolate not to seize so of course now I'm fixated on it seizing. Oh brother! But come and get it (in a few hours or so!).

kittybug, I almost did that Equanimity the other day. I also like l longer practices and..... I hate to tell you this, but I tried to find some on ID and Udaya, and I didn't find much! Part of the problem is you can't search for anything specifically above 60 minutes, so you get all the 60 minute practices and maybe somewhere in the 50 pages of 60 minute workouts on Udaya there might be something longer, but it's not easy to find! Oh, I just wanted to reconfirm for ID.... turns out you can search for 60 and 90 (not anything between) but there is only one 90 minute workout and it's a yin practice -- part of Flexibility and Beyond. And further bummer for you..... at least on my Roku set up, I found no Inner Dimension channel. They do have their own app, but I'm not sure it's on any smart TV, you know? I just play it on my laptop and use an HDMI cable to display on the TV. It seemed like a pain at first but not it's just not a big deal. I do that almost every day.

Oh, I'm going to try Ingrid's glute workout with you guys tomorrow. I'm not going to lie.... I'm a little afraid! What about Fun Friday? I can't remember if we picked anything -- maybe a Hamelin cardio, but honestly I'm not sure if you guys would think it fun enough for Fun Friday. Any other ideas?

Today I did the TrampIt workout again -- I thought I'd try a different one but when I turned the TV to youtube that was the first thing that popped up so I did it. Fun! And followed by Annas Hiit it Harder day 4 Toned Arms and Abs. Seemed like more of a core workout, but that's fine -- my core probably needs it more.

My coffee is done so it's time to hop in the shower and then face the chocolate.
Old 03-09-21, 04:20 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post

Nathalie, you did all of the upper body meltdowns from ICE back to back? Yikes!!! Let us know if you can use your arms tomorrow. Sorry about the bipolar weather...spring is coming ladies, hang in there!!
Love the Biploar weather name! It's so accurate!

My arms aren't that bad. They're tight but I can use them! I'll have to stretch more if I want to be able to do an UB workout on Thursday though!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 04:28 PM  
lavna

Hello Watulans!

bee: I'm on my way ! I'm a bit of a chocoholic so you your chocolate torte is right up my alley!

Chele: I hope eveything goes well tomorrow. But if a bathroom stop in needed, I think it would be better to avoid Dunkin' Donuts!!! I'm glad your husband's injury is better.

Today was Live 239 LB barre and weights. A high reps workout. My legs were burning at the end.

Have a great evening.
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 04:31 PM  
manleym

Today was Triple Tuesday. I may start calling Tuesdays YouTube Tuesday, but that's when I seem to do YouTube workouts. I started with Growing Annanas March Challenge 30 Min Leg Day Workout - with Mini Band, Legs and Booty (Hiit It Harder Day 9). Thanks ChelePA for the breakdown of moves and using a heavy resistance band. I used a heavy band and also wore a weighted vest to increase the intensity. For some of the moves, I wore the band around ankles instead of above the knees. It seemed like there was greater resistance when the band was around my ankles as opposed to my knees. Anyone else have thoughts on that? Is there more resistance when the band is around the ankles rather than above the knees? Curious as to your thoughts...this was a really good workout, but I was apparently needing a little bit of cardio, so I did Heather's Full Body Kettlebell Workout and LOVED it!!! It got my heart rate up without jumping, so it was a nice change of pace. She does 3 rounds of same exercises, so by the 3rd round I was really able to get into the move and swing the bell. Well, apparently that wasn't enough, so I did Heather's Legs & Booty Workout with Ankle Weights. Took me back to the good ole' days of popping a cassette in my boom box, strapping on a pair of ankle weights, and "toning." Another nice change of pace and good variety for using different muscles. These all work great as add-ons and I would revisit them again as add-ons. I finished with Five Parks Yoga Deep Stretch Yoga Class because I knew my lower body needed it. It ended with a great splits move to really stretch out the legs. All good workouts!

Bee I'm licking my lips! Can't wait to hear how it turns out. I know it will be DELICIOUS!!

All of you doing Ingrid's booty workout tomorrow, good luck! I'm sticking with 4x4 tomorrow, Cathe Live Thursday, etc. Don't guess Ingrid would be considered for Fun Friday? HA!! I do need to pull out her workouts again.

And yes, what is the plan for Fun Friday?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 05:01 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...you inspired me to add on a workout for Two for Tuesday. I did Trampit 11. This one she speaks English. Which one have you been enjoying? First time, I bounced without sneakers. With my old rebounder, I was afraid I would hit the springs. This new one it's a nonissue. Do you go barefoot? Supposedly, there are health benefits to this method. Have you tried Kat's rebounding workouts yet? They are more beginner/intermediate...but I love them! Short and fun! Great music too!

Manleym...sounds like an awesome combo of YouTube workouts! Three for Tuesday...you're kicking it up a notch

Nathalie...you made me laugh about the bathroom...thanks for the well wishes.

Beautiful weather today. Winston is horrible walking on the leash...haha. Too excited with this nice weather. I could have ran the whole mile and he would have been happy. Hope you all enjoying some sunshine!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in