Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 01:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello crazy friends! I wish we could take a Friday night and sit down together with drinks and tell each other crazy stories of our youth! Sounds like there would be some good ones!!

manleym, that sounds like a wonderful birthday! I love grouper, but it's not something we ever eat on the west coast. Maybe part of my love for it is remembering my sailing trips in the Caribbean. That cake & ice cream sounds right up my alley!!

Oh, yes, the no sweets February was an epic fail for me!! I'm so impressed with Chele -- you rock!! I was able to do this last year...... not sure why I couldn't make myself this year. Ug!

Garrie, as you've probably figured out, it was Chele who gets the wonderful birthday gift from her family, not me. I'm envious though! Sounds like you made a great choice, Chele..... I do not understand how Peleton can get away with charging more to customers who have bought the bike. That would irk me to no end!!! I did enjoy the app when I used it on the free trial. Ironically I don't know that I ever tried it with the recumbent bike we have. I used it for running. Definitely great music there!

When do we want to do some Edge workouts?

This morning I was going to do that one hour full throttle Caroline manleym did for her birthday, but I had another night where I didn't sleep well at all so I wasn't sure I could handle "full throttle". I opted instead for a 30 minute total body she release I think it was Aug 3, 2020. Definitely Aug 2020. There were repeats in it, but I didn't mind them -- in fact it allowed me to go heavier sometimes. I thought it was a great workout for 30 minutes. Sometimes I think I need to stick with shorter workouts because I seem to be so hungry on days I do longer ones.

Yesterday my older son who's going through some turmoil with transfer college apps wanted to go for a walk so he could talk to me about it. We got as far as the front step outside and he sat down and we talked there. No walk for me. I'm determined to take one today -- it's just too nice to not. Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday!
Old 02-28-21, 03:32 PM  
horusosiris

The dreaded Internal 500 Error!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 03:35 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Sunday

Manleym. - It sounds like you had a fantastic birthday I also love daffodils!

Everyone- What are your workout plans for March? I plan to continue with ES. I am enjoying this program and incorporate my own metabolic and/or cardio workouts.

Can you believe it, my Cathe subscription is up in March and I am thinking about not resubscribing for a while. I have had Cathe Live since the very beginning and I have done every single workout at least once. I feel that I need a break. Lately many of her workouts seem to be somewhat similar (i.e., weight selections 5-15 pounds, same cardio moves, etc.) but that can just be because I do the new Cathe Live each week and have been doing them for a while.
Old 02-28-21, 03:36 PM  
horusosiris

Chel- Congrats on your new spin bike. I hope you like it! I have tons of spin workouts but I have not tried any spin workouts on YouTube. For me, good music usually drives a spin workout.

Kittybug and Mickey- I know that I could not do a rotation of Ingrid but I may join you and do a few of the workouts.

Kittybug - I am sure you have a lot more to tell. Don't hold back- LOL!
Old 02-28-21, 04:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, Enjoy your birthday present!! Hey, I have a cycle workout (it's called Cycle-All Terrain with Brooke Hayward) that is still in the shrink wrap. I would be glad to send it to you as I don't have a bike and not planning on getting one. It was a freebie that I got somewhere, no idea at this point. Let me know!!

More later...

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 04:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, I am definitely with horusosiris..... no Edge rotation for me, but a few workouts here and there would be fun. As for a March rotation..... I think I will stick with Caroline/Growing for strength work -- I am really liking those! -- but I want to try to get more yoga in. I apparently want a bit of a break from Cathe, too -- though I haven't done nearly as much as you. Seems like it's smart for you to take a break for a while. Lately I have been thinking I'm about ready to try Core Cardio Circuit again..... we'll see!!

cataddict, I just noticed your signature about fan girl -- so cute! Love it!!
Old 02-28-21, 05:01 PM  
Mickey12

Horusosiris I don't plan on doing a rotation of the Ingrid Romero workouts either. I just thought we could do the workouts together to make it more fun. Actually, I'm not sure if Kittybug was planning on a rotation of the Ingrid workouts.

ChelePA are you planning on buying Cathe's spin workouts? I have them all (even though I don't have a spin bike - I just use the treadmill and sort of adjust the speed and incline along with Cathe). I think they're all pretty similar to each other but my least favorite music is on Cycle Sweat. I think you can get a pretty good sense of them from the clips if you decide to get any.

Today I decided on CIA 2302, Rob Glick's Amazing Step Styles from 2003. This one is pretty dancy and I prefer more athletic choreography but Rob cues pretty good. The music is good and it's a fun workout even though I was doing my own thing for some of the really spinny combinations. It was moderate intensity.
Old 02-28-21, 05:19 PM  
lavna

Happy Sunday all!

So many posts to catch up!

manleym: So happy you had a good birthday! Your dinner sounds delicious!

bee: I haven't noticed anything wrong with my butter. I've heard about that but I have to admit I haven't been following this story very closely. It's kind of weird to think there's palm there in butter and we didn't konw about it, especially after the campaigns to remove palm oil from food or modify the labels to indicate when there's some in it.

bee: I love Cathe's comment about stalling. She has some other workout in which she talks about stalling and it always makes me smile!

Today, I did Live 32 Hi/lo Hiit with step followed by LITE stacked sets LB (1 A+B plus 2A). Then, I went for a 2-hour walk with a friend I haven't seen for a while. I think my legs will be talking to me tomorrow!

I have to go and get dinner ready!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 06:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ChelePA, that's SO AWESOME on the bike! The celebrity thing is rather funny (and probably would feel mortifying) but so, so sweet of your husband to consider! Have you tried any of the Studio Sweat On Demand YouTube offerings? Sometimes the gals at the gym and I would use one of those when our spin instructor had last-minute cancelled. They're pretty good!

Horusosiris, I can totally understand you feeling that way about Cathe Live. Maybe give it a temporary break and see how you feel. And hah on the stories...you do not want me to go there, nope, my lips are sealed, for now anyway!!

Kim, I also don't plan on a strict Ingrid rotation and more on this in a minute as I broke into those DVDs today.

Bee, I feel you on wanting to get more yoga in. I'm proud of myself for getting in one longer practice per week but I need more time to get in more, arg!

Nathalie, all this butter talk makes me think of Jim Gaffigan...'I like butter too!' (a reference from one of his jokes) hah!!

Watulans, I broke into my Edge Booty 2 workouts today and did the Weighted Legs and followed that with the Weighted Upper Body since that one is only 34 minutes long for a nearly 90-minute total body workout. Um, yeah, ouch, and sweat galore! I used my full step at 14 inches and did the 'gym' version the one gal showed.

I also felt like I could not go as heavy as I normally would in places because of the high amount of reps and the faster pace, but safe is better than sorry and I was burning out anyway! I will say I really do like Ingrid...yes, she's silly and a bit over the top at times but in an almost self-deprecating way that I find endearing. Now, the outfits, on the other hand, welllllll....I'll just ignore those, hah!

So I'm wondering if I'll be experiencing the 'controlled fall' tomorrow or not. And have I mentioned, for a 34-minute only upper body workout, she covers a lot of ground and I'm really feeling it! I'm really glad I got this set now. I still am not totally sure how I'll be incorporating it into my rotation but this is a good start.

Stay fierce, Watulans, and happy Sunday!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 06:52 PM  
manleym

Happy Sunday all! Hope you are all having a relaxing day!

Cataddict I know you were thinking of your dad yesterday. I always remember my mom and dad on their birthdays. Hubby and I cook together. He likes to cook, and is a really good cook, so I get the benefit. I've told him he should start a food blog, but he hasn't. He always does the meat, and I do the veggies and sides. We said last night that we could get used to eating that way every night. I'm glad you're able to ease back into working out. Great idea to do step workouts on the floor.

ChelePA what a FUN thought by your husband! I love how much thought he put into it, wanting to do something super special and different! And I love how well your daughter knows you and is always "going to bat" for mom - either way - what you would or wouldn't like. I know you're going to enjoy your bike! And we need a birthday date, girl! I know it's soon, maybe this week? We want to shower you with birthday wishes!

Kittybug glad you're Ingrid dvds arrived and that you got through some of them! I agree that you can't lift really heavy with these because of the pace. Let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Kim we've lost our daffodils to a late freeze too. Hope not to lose them this year. Iris's should be blooming within the month or so.

And I'm up for throwing in some Ingrid's workouts with KB, you, and Bee. Like ya'll, not a rotation, but adding them in here and there with our other workouts. It would motivate me to do them if we're doing the same workout. And I think it's fun to do the same workout on the same day. So let me know what you gals want to do with EBE2 workouts and when.

Bee I was also thinking about how fun it would be to all get together with drinks and laugh about our stories. Agree that there are some. We tried Gulf Grouper last night but we've decided we like Caribbean Grouper better because it's just a bit sweeter. Trigger fish and Halibut are probably my favorites. At least right now. Sorry you didn't get in your walk, but you were exactly where you needed to be on the steps with your son. But I don't need to tell mama that. Hope he was able to figure some things out. And hope you got in your walk today.

Horusosiris understand about needing to take a break from Cathe Live. I will probably renew mine in May since I've only had it for a few months. I can see that once you've done every workout, you need a break. There's nothing new under the sun.

Garrie your classes sound fun! I can't even imagine doing a double step. But what a challenge. I know your students love it!

Nathalie I know you enjoyed your walk with your friend. It's always so nice being able to catch up with someone you haven't seen in awhile. I'm hoping to do the same and catch up with friends I haven't seen in awhile in a couple of weeks.

March rotation for me will be finishing Katami 4x4. This week will the Athlete, then probably Athlete again the following week, then Warrior and Hero. Like Bee and ChelePA (I'm thinking) I'll add in Caroline/ Anna/ Heather. Cathe Live on Thursday. And yes on the yoga. It definitely makes a difference! Let me know if ya'll want to add in some EBE2 workouts and when.

For Slow Sunday I did Katami 4x4 foam roller stretch + CDornerFitness 30 Minute Full Body Foam Roller Routine | Loosen Tight Muscles! Her moves were very slow and controlled, finding tight spots and holding on the knots. I REALLY felt it and will be taking ibuprofen tonight. And I love Paul's foam roller workout, just needed something longer. With CDorner, she does the workout with a "live" facebook group. You don't see the group, but she talks to them throughout the workout, responding to their posts. So that was different. For this workout I thought she interacted more with the "class" than teaching. But this is the one and only workout I have done of hers, so others may be very different.

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in