Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-14-21, 02:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey!!

Oh, Linda! What an ordeal with the dorm situation! Thank goodness for mama bears that won't rest until things are fixed! Your telling was very amusing, indeed. I'm glad (it seems to be) straightened out now.

And yes, I loved Baby's poem, too. Perfect, and yes, you've come to the right place. We are here for you!

cataddict, I meant to comment on your music musings..... it was funny about how some music has won you over after sounding so foreign at first and then the MJ comments..... just sad. I was listening to his music recently and felt the same way -- it's hard to enjoy it the way I used to. I am pretty sure I will sign up for Live soon. Like Linda, I feel like I'm kept pretty busy with my dvds, but it does sound like fun!

kittybug, was that plyo pilates on youtube? Sounded like it. I'll look for a channel named that -- sounds intriguing.

manleym, you scored at HPB! That's great! That total body Caroline sounds great -- I will have to give that one a spin.

Do you guys remember the Ted Lasso with the "broken butt"? That is me this week! I'm not sure what I did but my left hamstring is quite sore -- even when I'm just lying in bed. Yesterday I did a Vytas hamstring focused yoga. I thought it could be good or bad. Well, later in the day yesterday it felt like it was a good thing to do, but when I woke up this morning, I'm not sure it was. Man, that Vytas -- I know I don't need to sell him to you guys, but wow his cuing is great. At any rate, this morning I just wanted to get some movement in so did ICE Low Impact Sweat -- perfect! Felt great to get my heart rate up that high since I've not done as much of that lately. I foam rolled my hamstring after and that seems to have helped a bit. Not sure I should be doing any legs workouts at this point. I do not want to have to go back to PT!

Nice to have my son here but I am reminded that it's hard to get stuff done and/or plan with him around. Too much spontaneity and changed plans. Drives me a bit nuts.

I need to head off to my piano lesson..... spending a lot of time at the piano these days -- seems to be very good for my mood. Hugs to all!
Old 10-14-21, 02:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, no, this Plyo Pilates is a DVD-R produced I think around 2010, if I'm not mistaken...I'll have to check on that. It's led by Maria or Marie Sollon or Scally or something like that...pardon me for butchering her name but the DVD is downstairs and I'm upstairs right now!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 04:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Baby Watulan what a great poem

bee I'm sorry to hear about your hammie
Maybe an epsom salt bath? Oh I read I think in Cathe's newsletter how it's good for your neuroplasticity to play an instrument..so play and play some more woman !

kittybug I love when a workout hits all the right buttons

manley I loved total body shaping but I don't remember that comment! I'm going to have to revisit some Firm or at least some Tracie next month.

cataddict I had a good time at my daughter's gym..it's nice to shake things up. Plus I played with the battle ropes and a TRX. Pretty doggone fun. But mostly I just envyed all the kettlebells, lol.

Turns out sleeping on a dorm floor is a little harder on this old lady than I remembered so did CS and rest yesterday and total rest on Tuesday. Today was back on track and did core work, pilates and kettlebells conditioning.

I'm hoping to do a hike tomorrow. ChelePA that's a Fun Friday to me!

Here's a fun song to guide your upcoming weekend

https://open.spotify.com/track/4cG7H...urce=copy-link

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 05:17 PM  
horusosiris

Linda - that was quite some story and you are a great storyteller.I am glad that in the end it all worked out. Persistence pays off.

Bee- foam rolling or using a ball for myofascial release always seems to help me with ham string issues. I am glad that the yoga practice and foam rolling helped.

Manley and Linda-- periodically revisiting Firm workouts always hits the spot. I could not take a regular dose of The Firm or TL but every now and then is good for me (back in the day I used to to a Firm workout most days of the week).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 10:40 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for the well wishes for my "broken butt". I've decided it really is more my glute than hamstring, so it really does seem like a broken butt! I am resting today -- took an epsom salt bath this morning and that seems to have helped a bit. Not a good week to have accepted an apple watch fitness challenge!

Just listened to your Friday song, Linda -- very motivating, even as I'm just sitting here on my broken butt. Made me want to get up and dance! I can't believe you really slept on the dorm floor -- yikes!!

For Fun Friday I have a video I think you will all enjoy -- a dog who thinks he's a cat (I was reminded of our recent "making muffins" conversation when I saw it). So cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7gS42R4dUU

Enjoy...... and have a good weekend!!
Old 10-15-21, 11:18 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dear oh dear where has the time gone? I looked back 3 pages and I apparently have not posted. Time gets away from me lately. I wasn't done with summer yet!

Happy belated Thanksgiving dear Canadian friends (and neighbors)!!

manleym: My Dr appointment went very well. All good lab work except my LDL cholesterol was too high. HDL was FAB! But I have to re-examine my eating. I have been fasting or doing Keto for over 2 years and I think I need to drop the Keto part and work in a lot more fiber. Luckily I LOVE oatmeal and beans and have 2 loaded apple trees so that should help. Trying to eat an apple (a day keeps the dr away).
I totally look dorky when I do dance workouts but they're fun. I actually DO look ok if there are Disco moves. Heehee.

bee: I caved on Cathe Live. See more below. Heck for $10 a month, it's worth it. I can still buy ones I love. CUTE video!!

Linda: Fierce Watulan Wednesdays!!
Big BOO on the rain and flooding! That sucks!! Hope the school will help.

Waves, hugs, love to ALL my dear friends here. Shout outs to you all. Wonderful workouts, great funny posts and so much support. You guys rock!

So Justin update. Wed he had lab work and an appointment with the chemo dr. He has previously had two Iron IV drips, please gets a Neulasta patch to help keep his blood boosted. It's working! His blood work was excellent, almost normal.
The best part is the Dr. said his cancer "juice" (yes that's what he called it) has dropped in half so far!!! He's not even halfway thru the initial treatment but everything is looking good so far. We are both quite relieved but the fight is far from over.

Workouts!!
SO yes, I CAVED and subscribed to Cathe Live again. It had been years, I've purchased enough of the Live downloads to have paid for a year so I figured "what the heck" and did it.

So this week was a combo if 20 Day Fix, 20DFExtreme and Cathe Live.
Mon: 21DF Upper + 21DFX Upper. GREAT putting the two together and was a nice challenge.
Tues: 21DF Lower + 21DFX Lower. Holy!!! I had DOMS for 2 days from this! What a super combination and my legs and butt were cooked!
Wed: Nothing - lab/dr day.
Thurs: Cathe Live #326 Cardio Boxing Bootcamp 2. FUN!!!!!!!! Has the kickboxing, cardio, some upper body work and core. Now I want to do CBB #1.
Today: Live #363 Boss Band & Loops Metabolic. FUN!!!!!! I pretty much stayed with the same weights and bands as Cathe but did go a wee bit heavier with the bands a couple of times. Was really good! I like these soft cloth bands...they don't hurt my hands or rub.

So now I'm going to revisit my rotation for the rest of this month. I really like the 21 Day Fixes/X but now Cathe calls. So we'll see how it goes! I have so many DVDs to work on but Live is a blast!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Hugs and love to you dear Watulans!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 05:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I meant to add earlier that the STS thread in GD is making me want to do STS again...... but then..... I read Kate's post about Live and...... now I'm closer to that. Just have to get this butt in working order!

Kate, that is fantastic news for you and Justin! Wonderful!!

Oh, and.... I need to work on my eating, too! Been so bad lately -- stress eating for me, too. I'll get back to it, I think.....
Old 10-15-21, 07:04 PM  
Mickey12

Well, Bee you made me cry with that adorable puppy video. OMG! It melted my heart. So cool about your piano lessons. How long have you been taking them? I took one year of piano when I was about 10 and quit. I regret it now. I hope your butt feels better soon. And I totally agree with you about Vytas. His cuing is so incredible. It's like he knows exactly when to give a form pointer that makes any pose so much better.

Alta I loved your poem. It made me grin from ear to ear! I hope you feel loved and supported here. I can say for myself this group has been an enormous help over the past year and a half. I'm very grateful for you all.

Manley I also picked up the Firm Tracie Long Total Body Shaping Mix that you mentioned. It was another thrift store find. I haven't done it yet but I will keep my ears open for the married couple comment.

Kate thanks for posting the wonderful news about Justin's progress. I'm so, so happy for you both.

Linda I can't believe you slept on the doom floor. Yikes! I guess that's what a mom does, but I think I would have told my daughter (if I had any kids) to take the floor and give me the bed. That just goes to show what a good mom you are. I'm glad you had fun at the gym with the slew of kettlebells.

My husband and I went to see the new James Bond movie last night. I really liked it but I would have ended it differently. I won't say more in case there are others who might see it.

I've been walking at lunch all week because the weather has been so spectacular. I mean, I'm anxious to start wearing fall clothes and it's just been so darn warm. Good grief, I shouldn't complain because the winter wind and snow will be here soon enough. It must be human nature to want what we don't have.

Tonight I did another thrift store find, The Firm parts, Sculpted Buns Hips and Thighs with Tracie Long. I liked this one too, not too brutal and all floor work. It clocked in around 35 minutes which was perfect.

Hello to all the rest of my Watulan friends.
Old 10-16-21, 07:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all and Happy Saturday!

First, the workouts. I've done CL #77 Blasts, Barre and Bands, #76 Strong Total Body, and another gym visit where I did the rowing machine and walking. I used the new long yellow loop instead of the regular band and it worked for me.

So I have to brag on myself a bit. I had my annual physical and the dr. said "wow" when he pressed on my abs and commented on how firm they are! I was so proud of myself! My labs were also good and Kate, my HDL level is also super high. It was great reinforcement for my efforts at keeping fit. So good news!

Kate, thanks for the update on Justin and glad it's a good one. It has to be a roller coaster ride for your family. And yay at you joining 3Live Crew now 4Live Crew! So when will bee join the Crew? I also used heavier weights in CL #363 with the medium tension band/loop.

manleym, VFer Kathy G created a spreadsheet awhile back for Cathe Live and generously sent it to me. Oh, and did you know that Cathe posts the info for Thursday's Live on the Live and Downloads Forum on Wednesday (usually after five)?

bee, yes, I recall the Broken Butt Ted Lasso. Hope you are healing! And I also loved the puppy video.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 09:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Ok...... I am now a Cathe Live Subscriber!!! I'm going to do the PHA Supersets tomorrow morning. We'll see how my butt does. I did easier stuff today and it seemed ok. Still tender, but not as sore.

cataddict -- great work on those abs!!

Kim, I've been taking piano lessons for a few years now, but I took for a couple of years or so in my 20s, and also as a kid. Like you, I had regrets that I didn't stick with it. I guess I'm proof that you can always get back to it!!

I've not seen the James Bond movie but I want to. My friend went the day it opened, and I saw that somewhere in this world a man was rescued while having a heart attack during the movie, and asked my friend if it was "heart attack worthy". She said it was good, but not that good.

Tags
watulan check-in