Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-21, 10:29 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

OLD THREAD ALERT!

Could someone describe exactly how they used their Streaming Colors journal for logging fitness activities - the hard copy version, preferably, but a digital version would also be of interest.

I had never purchased a Streaming Colors journal, but am highly motivated to create my own hard copy version. I'm also open to trying Happy Planner too.

Since it's no longer in business, I wanted to do a DIY version for myself. I read many of the threads that were tagged "Streaming Colors" and it looks like color coding different styles/modalities of workouts using different colored pens (i have many different colored pens and highlighters!!!!!). If that's all there is to it, could someone link a photo of what it looked like?

I am a crafty person and computer savvy. I have a lot of craft supplies at home to my avail.

Thanks in advance!!!

p.s. I found a user's review on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Streaming-Col...ustomerReviews

p.p.s.: is this what it looked like? the spiral binding was on the top of the journal?
https://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/1...alendar001.jpg

The Color Code Mode website is still accessible - i'm interested in being able to read what's in the header of each month to get an idea of how the template is set up. i get that there's a color-code legend at the top, but wanted to read the other parts of the header. i won't plagiarize it, but wanted to see what kinds of motivational words or tidbits were added.

I am even willing to buy a used one just to see the format!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 12:36 PM  
rhbrand

I found an old one I hardly used. I'll take a picture or two of how I used it and post them here.

Then I'm planning on scanning in an unused paged into my computer and printing out fresh sheets so I can use them in my Happy Planner.
Old 12-11-21, 06:23 PM  
rhbrand

So this is the only one I can find. Its a weekly set up, something the also had on the site along with the monthly. I started with the monthly, but switched to the weekly when they made them.
2014 wasn't a good year for me filling this out lol. I was experimenting with different ways of logging workouts etc.

Anyway here's what the blank page looked like.

And here's a bit of how I had it set up.

I would give a brief write up on my day, and then fill in the colors in whatever spots I assigned them. Usually the workouts were on the top bar, the fruits and veggies in the upper left circle, the sleeping in the left bar. Sometimes I'd track water in the right smaller circles but I drink water like crazy so I almost never track it.
If you want better pictures, give me a holler. I'll PM some for you cause most of the year is not used.
I'm planning on scanning a couple weeks and printing them out and using them in my Happy Planner. I think it will be great.
Old 12-11-21, 06:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thank you so much!!

i also looked at the Happy Planner too - our Walmart carries it, but i'm going to wait until after Christmas when they bring in more.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 12:57 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have found that if the calendars get too complicated with stickers etc. that I end up quitting. I'm lucky if I can manage to record the workout I'm doing, and the weights I used if it's a weight workout.
Old 12-13-21, 08:18 PM  
rhbrand

I have a couple Happy Planners and I go back and forth decorating and not decorating.
Sometimes I'll use a whole bunch of stickers, washi tape ect all over my week, and sometimes, like now, I don't use anything
Old 12-14-21, 08:49 PM  
hypnomoon

I use Goodnotes templates, for my iPad, I purchased off Etsy. I specifically wanted one that tracks workouts with no food diary.

The only thing I don't care about this type of tracking is that it's not out in the open say like my wall calendar. Something about that calendar being on the wall made me more motivated. Probably because I would look at it every day. But, I think it's just a matter of making it a habit to use Goodnotes
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 07:56 AM  
kat_b

If you're interested...

I do still make a version for my personal use. I tried to go to strictly digital planning and tracking but went back to mixing in paper planning last year. This year the fitness calendar is set up to fit in an A5 planner, so it requires a bit more in terms of printing (when I ordered my planner I ordered a bunch of plain unbound pages so I could print them myself) and I simplified the boxes & changed the lead-in and monthly review pages. I'm not usually here (I tend to buy videos I don't need/use when I surf this forum , but was looking for a review of a streaming service and saw this [old-ish] thread), but I'll set this to let me know if someone has an interest.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 02:26 PM  
Scorpio6

Cassy Ho to the rescue!

Cassy's planners are so good, so complete, my husband started ordering one for him! They are the bomb!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calendar, journal, journals, streaming colors, workout log, workout logs