Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-27-21, 08:35 AM  
buffmama

fitness__kaykay 30 min KB FB Crusher No Jumping Strength & HIIT

Finished a week with growingannanas - ready to do another but moved onto fitness kaykay as I had that organized. Today's workout alternated BW and KB. For new movement patterns I went light.
Old 11-28-21, 07:46 AM  
buffmama

fitness_kaykay 20 min Intense Circuit FB HIIT No Repeats - 24 min
fitness_kaykay 7 min Plank Variations Challenge - 7 min
Old 11-29-21, 08:19 AM  
buffmama

fitness_kaykay 30 min Boxing Tabata BW & Weights, Strength & Conditioning

Really liked this one. Alternating weights and BW moves. Large muscles targeted. Mostly low impact. I used my kettlebells.

Erica - You going to do Caroline's latest?
Old 12-01-21, 05:54 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Erica - You going to do Caroline's latest?
I want to but I'm having the foot surgery next week and won't be working out for a long time. It's really hard for me emotionally seeing all of these new workouts knowing I won't be doing them.

I stayed consistent while my kids were here and plan on continuing to work out until the day before the surgery. I've been picking my favorites from Epic 3 and adding some Sydney workouts in too.

Eating has been horrible. I'm just so stressed and upset. I just don't feel confident about my decision to have this surgery and hope I'm not doing the wrong thing. Plus I'm trying to get ready for Christmas, having my family home for the holidays (I'll have six people coming and going for weeks), trying to organize everything for DH, etc. Plus it was a weeklong food fest with the kids home last week. Ugh. Sorry to vent. I just can't imagine not being able to even walk for such a long time.

You've been doing a great job staying consistent!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 08:22 AM  
buffmama

Sending prayers and well wishes. I will miss bouncing ideas off of you and reading your posts so check in once in a while either through an ongoing or via PM. Looking forward to your rejoining when you are ready and able (and not a minute before!).
Old 12-02-21, 08:26 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Sending prayers and well wishes. I will miss bouncing ideas off of you and reading your posts so check in once in a while either through an ongoing or via PM. Looking forward to your rejoining when you are ready and able (and not a minute before!).
I'll probably keep reading your posts if you continue checking in if it doesn't depress me too much. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. I'd feel better about the surgery if I were 100% certain it was necessary. I've just never been in this situation before. I've had many surgeries but none were elective.

ETA - Oh today was Kaleigh spin and Epic III Drop Set Destroyer Leg workout. Love this one.

Erica
Old 12-15-21, 07:59 AM  
buffmama

How are you doing Erica? I couldn't post into the void daily but definitely miss our chats. I did a week of Amy Bento Ross workouts after a week of fitness_kaykay. Now I'm onto DanielPT Fitness. I'm focusing on total body workout 30-40 min long and do one lower/upper body split weekly. I'm really liking Daniel and having fun with his workouts. I will be doing Caroline's 20 min workouts between Christmas and New Years since that is a busy time at work. Not sure what I'm doing next but I make weekly rotations in my downtime. . I even culled Sydney's short workouts so that would be fun. Anyway, check in and vent.
Old 12-15-21, 08:44 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
How are you doing Erica? I couldn't post into the void daily but definitely miss our chats. I did a week of Amy Bento Ross workouts after a week of fitness_kaykay. Now I'm onto DanielPT Fitness. I'm focusing on total body workout 30-40 min long and do one lower/upper body split weekly. I'm really liking Daniel and having fun with his workouts. I will be doing Caroline's 20 min workouts between Christmas and New Years since that is a busy time at work. Not sure what I'm doing next but I make weekly rotations in my downtime. . I even culled Sydney's short workouts so that would be fun. Anyway, check in and vent.
o

I love Amy! And I've done a few of DanielPT Fitness workouts and think they are very very good. I do check new workouts frequently - mostly Caroline, Sydney, and Kaleigh (of course) but, honestly, it really depresses me since it will be so long before I can do any of them. This is very hard mentally. I am lying down 24/7 except to go to the bathroom with my leg elevated and icing several times a day. My neighbors keep bringing over sweets, my kids all come home this weekend, and it will be a 24/7 food fest with the kids home and the holidays for weeks. All I do is sit and eat and be depressed. I hate being so dependent on my DH for everything, my house is a disaster, nothing is done when or the way I want it, etc. It's been one week so far. Tomorrow is my first post-op appt.

Okay, you asked for a vent... sorry!

Glad you are enjoying your workouts and have a plan for the busy weeks ahead!

Erica
Old 12-16-21, 08:08 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
o

I love Amy! And I've done a few of DanielPT Fitness workouts and think they are very very good. I do check new workouts frequently - mostly Caroline, Sydney, and Kaleigh (of course) but, honestly, it really depresses me since it will be so long before I can do any of them. This is very hard mentally. I am lying down 24/7 except to go to the bathroom with my leg elevated and icing several times a day. My neighbors keep bringing over sweets, my kids all come home this weekend, and it will be a 24/7 food fest with the kids home and the holidays for weeks. All I do is sit and eat and be depressed. I hate being so dependent on my DH for everything, my house is a disaster, nothing is done when or the way I want it, etc. It's been one week so far. Tomorrow is my first post-op appt.

Okay, you asked for a vent... sorry!

Glad you are enjoying your workouts and have a plan for the busy weeks ahead!

Erica
Hang in there Erica. If you could get through all those hard workouts you can get through this too. I'll check back in for the New Year. Hugs.
Old 12-16-21, 08:54 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Hang in there Erica. If you could get through all those hard workouts you can get through this too. I'll check back in for the New Year. Hugs.
Thanks. Hard workouts are fun and I get such a feeling of accomplishment from them. This is the opposite.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle