Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-24-21, 10:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 8,756

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 10:02 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day for me. Energy so low, I took an afternoon nap.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 10:05 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia I hope you feel more energized tomorrow.

No workout to workout to report but I got my steps in. I had a hair apt and church, so no extra time.

Have a Blessed evening and a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I am thankful to be able to hang out with you wonderful ladies here.

PS I just sent Linda a text to check on her and wish her a Happy Thanksgiving

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-24-21, 10:27 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 weight training and some yoga from one of my taped classes. Wishing everyone here a wonderful Thanksgiving. It will just be DH and me but we will have a nice meal together and we are enjoying the down time together. Last year we had DS on the laptop via Zoom, but he will be getting together with his friends this year in CA and we are delighted that he has found a circle of friends now to be with, though we will miss him. He really seems to be settling into life in grad school and enjoying it intellectually and socially, which is as it should be.

Cynthia, I have also heard that Sadie trained with Jill and now it is even harder to believe. Barre 3 is very unbarre these days. Much more a blend of yoga, weight training and low impact cardio and not so much barre technique. But I actually really enjoy it, because I turned out not to be all that much into barre methods, though I like doing it from time to time. I guess you would say barre 3 has morphed into a fusion program, sort of more like Ellen Barrett, whom I also like. I think you deserve a break, so definitely rest time.

Diana, nice to get your hair done before the holiday. I'm sure you will have a great meal and time with your church friends over the holiday and you'll be looking great.

Cheryl, a beautiful beach scene popped up on my computer splash screen and it turned out to be in Portugal! So, of course, I thought of you and how wonderful it was that you could be in such a beautiful country.

Thankful to have such a supportive group of vidiot friends!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 08:04 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

Steps from yesterday: 5,632

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-25-21, 09:16 AM  
seabliss

Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning I did a full-body strength workout from Zanna. Then DH walked with me down to a butcher, about half a mile away, to pick up the turkey. I had had to order it in advance (well, my Portuguese hairstylist did it for me, but that's another story). As I feared, the turkey still had its head attached, so I mimed to the butcher to chop it off (none of the butchers spoke any English). The other butcher pulled up a knife and gestured for me to come closer. He was smiling and miming that I did pull a knife across my own throat! Ah, these Portuguese butchers and their senses of humor.

Then I had DH carry the turkey back to our apartment. I was afraid the guts were still inside (although I told the butcher he could keep the giblets). So I walked downstairs to the little market and bought some rubber gloves. I thought, how did I get recruited to bring the turkey? Friendsgiving was my idea, and then I was compelled to bring the turkey ... I was upset at first but then I had resigned to it, as everyone else is too intimidated to try to cook one, haha.

Fortunately, the butchers had already cleaned out the turkey. The worst thing was all the little feather ends still stuck under the skin. It's nice to have a hormone-free, never frozen turkey. But I have to admit I like how everything is nice and clean and well-packaged in the U.S.!

So that's my little Thanksgiving in Europe story. The turkey's in the oven, and we'll Uber to a Portuguese coffee roaster who is allowing us to use his shop and private dining room there (and he's bringing the wine!). Thirteen people, all from different parts of the U.S. and more, all bringing different dishes. It should be fun! I hope you all have lovely dinners in the U.S. and enjoy your time with those you love.
Old 11-25-21, 02:22 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving ladies. It's a normal day for Meow Meow and me. She got to be outside for a few minutes while I got several days mail from the mailbox.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 02:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy Thanksgiving, everbody!

Linda, thanks for dropping by!

I'm so grateful for so many things, and my check-in buddies are very important to me.

Dinner has been prepared by Grove Market, and it was a gift from the owner! It has been rumored that he has a crush on the boyfriend's grandma. DD and I are bring 2 pies, pumpkin and chocolate pecan.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 07:10 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

We went to a country place about 1 hour 15 minutes from us. We took my friend and her DH. It was nice and food awesome!

Linda I'm glad you stopped by.

Cheryl I love chocolate pecan!

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-25-21, 09:52 PM  
lynnf

Hi all. Sounds like everyone is having a nice day. I did barre 3 30 minute signature, plus 15 minute stretch and walked with DH, and finally got around to cleaning the house. I made a nice meal -- all WW type recipes for cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes (mixed in with mashed cauliflower), delicata squash, nice salad with locale greens, asparagus, and, of course, the fake turkey roast since we are vegetarians (the Gardein one turned out to be really tasty). No real desert but we had had enough anyway.

Cheryl, loved the turkey story, even as a vegetarian. So European. How's the Portuguese coming? You definitely need to learn it -- that will make life a lot easier, even though it will take time to get up to speed. Plus it will make for all sorts of adventures and misunderstandings, which are lots of fun.

Diana, sounds like a lovely meal.

Cynthia, wow, free meal! WTG!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote