Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-21, 12:14 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
barre 3 30 minute flow and 10 minute lower body.

Cynthia, do you have a link for a youtube Dailey method? Might give it a try. Couldn't find a workout there, though.
There are 2 short workouts on youtube if you search Th Dailey Method. Sorry, I'm useless for youtube links. They go on for days & I copy them & then they don't work. But the search lists these:
The Dailey Method 15 Minute Core Workout on JETSWEAT
The Dailey Method 9 Minute Glute Express Workout on JETSWEAT

And this link might work, from the Smoothie Challenge. I do not subscribe to Vimeo and it works for me:
https://vimeo.com/528900410/0fc2882640

Nothing hour-long, though. She does have streaming and offers 4 days free. I might try that sometime.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 04:50 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's new Leg Day workout from her 10-minute works, and then I repeated it and added some stretches. Also a ton of walking, with a good amount athletic - more than 13k steps right now.

Cynthia, how exciting about actually performing!

Diana, how was the church Thanksgiving?

Lynn, how nice about the woven scarf. I love to get things made by artisans.

Wondering how Linda is doing!
Old 11-22-21, 07:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: outdoor walk.

The concert was really gratifying. We had a baroque orchestra for backup. The audience applauded us before we started. I think they really missed us. I was impressed by their concert etiquette: no one applauded between movements, and after the last movement of the Requiem we immediately segued into Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus motet without interruption. They waited a few seconds after the baton finally went down & then gave us a standing ovation.
Old 11-22-21, 10:55 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Tomorrow I have another memorial service to attend. We have lost 4 church family members in the last year. Some of them have not attended church in a while because they have been ill.

Check-In: Jessica Smith Tread and Shred

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 08:35 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,841

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-23-21, 01:18 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. The bear crawls were hard.

Cynthia, I can imagine how happy people were to hear live music. And how nice they remembered concert etiquette. Thanks for the vimeo link, which worked. I did that one last night. The ab section was hard, not so much in the individual part, but because they didn't take breaks in between, so I had to add some! But otherwise I was fine. I was struck by how far barre 3 has gotten from the original Lotte Berk method and how much closer DM is.

Diana, so sorry your church has lost so many members of late.

Cheryl, I really like to support our local artists. This artist has battled to keep weaving despite having MS and makes the most beautiful things. I wish I could afford her tapestries. My friend gave me one and I was horrified when I saw the prices at how much she must have spent. I shouldn't have looked.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 01:54 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's new upper body 10-minute workout followed by a Fitness Blender upper body 10-minute. I've also gotten almost 11k steps so far.

Cynthia, the concert sounds like it was very satisfying for all. I know people are definitely hungry to experience live music again.

Lynn, you have a very generous friend! It's so good that you support that artist.

Diana, it's rough to have so much loss in one year. Hoping the holidays are happier for your church family!
Old 11-23-21, 03:58 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, Jill Dailey gave us a brief history of her barre background. First time/place she did a barre class was in England, Lotte Berk studio, taught by Lotte Berk's daughter.
She has a college degree in kinesiology.
And I asked her (b/c another VFer had told me this): she trained Sadie Lincoln, who became a DM instructor for a while. Based on the barre3 DVDs, this is really hard to believe!

The colonoscopy office phoned me today with my check-in time, 7:30. I cried, just this side of sobs. The prep time is very different from 5 years ago, when I drank the dreadful fluids one day and had the procedure the next day. Now it's liquids and jello until 5 pm on Sunday. Then drink one bottle of the Rx. Then, 5 hours before the procedure, the next dose. Procedure @ 8:30. I cried when I realized I would have to get up and drink at 3:30 am. I was also worried about my friend having to get up early to get me there at 7:30. But I called her & she's okay with it. Sure will be glad when this is over.

Back later.
Old 11-23-21, 09:45 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Thank you for the support. {{hugs}} all around.

Cynthia That schedule sounds rough. I wouldn't like getting up at 3 AM. When you're finished you can go home, relax and get caught up on your rest.

Check-In: 3 miles w/Leslie

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-23-21, 11:02 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, sad to have so many funerals. But I'm sure the survivors appreciate the love and support.

I did laundry all day.
Back ache-y from being onstage. Time for the Winsor Pilates for the Back.