Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-20-21, 12:46 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Last night's check-in: stretch 1 from Fe Fit. The last disc in the set has 4 stretch routines. I liked the one I did, and slept well.

I feel like I'm still recovering from the extreme exercise on the trip. Might or might not work out today before bedtime stretch. My first live concert in 2 years is tomorrow evening. I'm carpooling to San Jose. It'll be intense. Dress rehearsal w/ orchestra is at 3:00, then an hour break, then assemble at 5:00. I've had other concerts where the dress rehearsal is right before. You have to be careful not to sing full voice. An hour isn't enough time to go out to eat. We'll be brown-bagging something light yet nourishing and then drive home right after the concert. I would have preferred to go out to dinner after the concert, but I'll gladly trade that off for not having to drive. We're singing the Mozart Requiem in St. Joseph cathedral. We'll be masked -- singers' masks look like horsey feed bags, but it gives you room to breathe. The audience will be spaced 6 feet apart, wearing masks. The concert is free but reservations were required for the social distancing. The space is huge and pre-covid we usually had a full house.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-21, 05:23 PM  
seabliss

Today I did an upper body strength workout from Zanna van Dijk. I had throat irritation and coughing during the night so nothing crazy. But I took a lot of vitamins and ended up walking more than 12k steps. Yesterday was a rest day but I got more than 11k steps.

Cynthia, sounds like you had a wonderful time! You do deserve a rest. And your Thanksgiving plans sound fun. The pies sound delicious!

Diana, Happy Anniversary! And the massages sound like they were great.

Cheryl
Old 11-20-21, 06:04 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: lap swim. Yesterday it was cold, dark, and looked like rain. Today was sunny & warm I am a fair-weather swimmer when the weather goes back & forth like this.

I have a routine colonoscopy coming up, Monday the 29th. I have one every 5 years due to family history of colon cancer. The rules are different this year. No nuts, seeds, popcorn for 5 days prior. Just realized I can't have any pecan pie. Oh well, I can pick the pecans off and enjoy the rest. DD has this stubborn prejudice against pumpkin pie, says she can't wrap her head around a squash pie. There's no reasoning with her. I love pumpkin flavor in a lot of things - pie, loaf cakebread, pancakes, muffins, smoothies... We've often had pecan pie for holidays & this year she wanted chocolate pecan pie. I've never made one before, but Betty Crocker has a recipe for it.
Old 11-20-21, 09:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Jessica Smith Cardio Core Abs

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 06:33 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is our Thanksgiving at church. I am going back to what I used to bring - a large salad! I can have that along with protein (turkey) and a slice of pie. I am making a conscience effort this year because my weight has bounced up.

Steps from yesterday: 11,177

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-21-21, 02:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Flexibility chapter of 10 MS Pilates on the Ball. And vocal exercises to warmup.

Now to dress in concert black for the first time in 2 years!
Old 11-21-21, 07:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-21-21, 07:12 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes and yin yoga. My friend and I went to a studio opening (bought a woven scarf by a weaver there) and saw some old yoga friends there as well.

Cynthia, thanks for all the info about the retreat. Sounds like a very interesting and intense experience. Also sounds like you don't have much down time after with the concert and colonoscopy right after. Surprised about the nuts rule.

Diana, sounds like you had a nice anniversary celebration. Belated good wishes!

Cheryl, glad you were able to kick any infection coming your way.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 08:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn
Thank you.

Steps from yesterday: 12,106

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-22-21, 10:48 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minute flow and 10 minute lower body.

Cynthia, do you have a link for a youtube Dailey method? Might give it a try. Couldn't find a workout there, though.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote