Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-21, 10:10 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday I did a longer lower body workout from Zanna van Dijk, and today I did an upper body workout. I am doing hers more often because she doesn't switch weight too drastically. I find myself struggling when people are doing shoulder flyes with lighter weights and I have to lift my 11+ lb weights. Also, she doesn't try to sneak in burpee moves like Heather, haha.

Yesterday I also got more than 13k steps.

Cynthia, I guess the "No Excuses" thing worked, lol.

Diana, I'm glad your church friends had a peaceful time in spite of the history.

Lynn, the cough does last forever. And it always seems to pop up when it might be embarrassing! Hope it stops soon.
Old 11-10-21, 09:27 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 weight workout. This one was hard.

Cheryl, shoulder flys with 11 lbs can be tough! You made things hard on yourself with that weight choice, but good for you. I know what you mean about the cough coming back at the wrong time. I was trying to pop a lozenge under my mask at the end of my class and it was not easy!

Cynthia, I don't blame you for not liking Dailey Method abwork. It's really hard. But I guess it's working for you.

Diana, those split-ups in churches and synagogues can be tricky so it's nice that the reunion went well. Our town had a synagogue split and it was crazy since the community is so small.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 10:13 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Lynn I hope you feel better soon. I know of someone who has the flu right now.

Check-In: 1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 12:17 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Religious community split-ups are nothing new. I remember visiting a church, in Scotland IIRC, that used to have a wall right down the middle. The wall had been removed in modern times about a century later; it was built after a schism but neither side wanted to give up the building.

Check-in: Dailey Method Now long workout.

More info about the retreat: barre classes will be on the rooftop terrace. Yay! no need to mask up in the open air. @8:30 a.m. wnen it's like 40* Eeek. Must pack some warm layers. The temps later in the daytime are like 70*
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 09:09 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia That's sad about the wall down the middle of the church but the visual is hilarious! The class on the roof sounds wonderful!

Steps from yesterday: 14,350

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-11-21, 06:18 PM  
seabliss

Today I took it lighter with Jessica's lower body 1-mile circuit. It was harder with my weights, plus these Portuguese dumbbells have, as DH says, a thick shaft (I can't help it, lol), which makes it tiring to hold them long periods when moving a lot.

Lynn, the 5 kg weights seemed like the best middle ground because around 8 lbs is too light for me for most stuff, especially lower body. A lot of Jessica workouts that are total body are about 10-12 lbs. My lower body workouts had included 20-25 lb dumbbells, for deadlifts, etc. And I was using 12s for shoulder presses, biceps curls, etc. So it seemed like my best compromise. As long as I choose workouts that don't include flyes, I'm ok! I really am so glad to be able to use weights again.

Cynthia, that's so funny about that church in Scotland. People are so funny. Really, if we could just step back and look at ourselves.

Diana, your photo on FB with your DH was great--you looked so pretty and radiant!
Old 11-11-21, 08:41 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I had to buy a new iphone today. The previous one suffered water damage. This time I bought the insurance. The original one was crushed by the car trunk lid. I have to admit I'm accident-prone with phones. Over 2 hours of being in the awful store with everyone jabbering at once. Ugh.

I need a rest day after that.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 10:27 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes signature. I was sore from the last weight workout, which was unusual. I definitely upped my weights, which must have done it. Am definitely out of the woods on the cold/cough.

Cheryl, your weight choice does make a lot of sense. It's hard to just have one set of weights. Interesting that the shaft is so thick. When do your things arrive?

Cynthia, nice that they workouts will be outside and you don't have to mask, but sounds like it could be a bit chilly. If you were in the Apple store, that is exhausting.

Diana, nice step count!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 10:39 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Thank you.

Lynn I'm glad you are feeling better.

Cynthia Ugh on the phone. Yes a day off was needed.

No workout for today. My friend had the day off so we got another friend from church and went shopping. I met my step goal, though.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-12-21, 09:10 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 7,796

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana