Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-21, 07:09 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

I have been walking at lunch lately since we are STILL having such great weather here. I can believe it’s November based on the temperatures we are having. I remember one year when we had really mild temperatures on Christmas. I did yoga on the deck and I was so amazed that I was able to be outside with bare feet.

I thought about preordering the new KCM workouts but they just didn’t speak to me. I still like her workouts but I wish she would keep her personal feelings out of her public comments.

Cataddict I agree with you on the early Christmas decorations and merchandise in the stores. It’s WAY too soon. I love Christmas but the world seems to rush everything these days. I feel like I can’t take time to enjoy the moment and soak in the atmosphere because everyone and everything is pushing for the next thing, and then the next thing, and it never ends and never slows down. It makes me nostalgic for the past. Sigh …

I had intentions of doing a a workout tonight but while making dinner I felt the need for a cocktail. When that happens it usually relaxes me and I end up all comfortable in the recliner and not wanting to move. Also I currently have Finley curled up on me. It would not do to disturb him.

Not much else to report here. I think I’m getting old and boring.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 11-11-21, 11:05 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends!

Kim, you absolutely can't make Finley move!! Honestly though, I think there are times when it's good for us to take it back a notch and to have that coincide with great weather and be able to get out for walks? That's perfect! I don't think I mentioned this already but last week at toastmasters a woman talked about how she became a professional dog walker without planning to. The thing I loved is that she works in tech in silicon valley. Works from 7-11, then walks dogs five days a week for three hours, and then comes back to work at 1:00 to finish up her day. I thought wow, what a great way to get in exercise and outdoor time and all that. Only thing is, she is like the postman and does it rain or shine, so she even has rain gear for the dogs. That part cracked me up. Anyway, I applaud your walking!! Because we are spoiled with great weather throughout the year, the weather is not as good a motivator for me as I wish it would be.

I must confess that this week I did start watching Christmas movies. I think it is crazy to see trees and decorations in the stores so early -- not to mention all of the Christmas treats, but.... a part of me is ready for the cozy TV viewing.

Oh! I have made a note to try that Live 220 either when my PIB (pain in the butt) is not so bad, or maybe do just the upper, if it would lend itself to that. Sounds like a good one. Yesterday I did Perfect Pump Upper -- one of my favorite upper workouts. A lot of Cathe's upper body dvds go on too long for me. This one is "perfect". Ha, ha.

I was lazy today -- may take a walk later if I can channel Kim -- but in just a bit we are headed to get our booster vaccines and flu shots. Double whammy. Hope I'm not slowed down by them too much.

Have a great day, peeps!
Old 11-11-21, 12:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I have the motivation to do my workouts, but posting is another story. I did a Susan Powter strength one on YouTube that I have downloaded. I've done it several times and like it a lot. It is calm and well-paced. At this point I am sticking to older workouts mostly that I know. My concentration is off and I don't want to hurt myself.

Loving the hugs from you and sending them back double!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 12:56 PM  
Mickey12

Alta I wonder if that Susan Powter workout is the same as one I have on VHS. I recall I picked it up at the Salvation Army. I only did it once, but I remember being impressed with the production and/or content or something. I tend to like a lot of my older workouts when the production values were high and the programs were more basic and not trying to reinvent the wheel or do crazy compound moves, etc.

Bee I love the story of the dog walker. I sometimes think I would be well suited to a job like that since I adore animals so much. But, as you said, the rain or shine part might not be so fun. In Pennsylvania it's also the cold winter weather to contend with.

Oh, and I also really like Cathe's Perfect 30 workouts since the timeframe is just the right length. I got my flu shot and booster too, but on separate days without any side effects. My husband got his both on the same day and had no side effects either.

Tomorrow at work we're having an Employee Appreciation Lunch. Service awards will be acknowledged and I'm in the mix for 20 years of employment. Another co-worker has 25 years this year. I got an extra day off in March since that was the month during which I started working for this company. That was a nice surprise and tomorrow we get lunch. Cool beans!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-11-21, 01:06 PM  
ChelePA

I’m so sorry I haven’t posted or even visited much recently. There’s no way I will catch up on all the older posts. Lots going on in my life recently besides just recovering from the accident. I see from the many pages that you all continue to be inspiring daily with your workouts.

Natalie - I hope your ankle is completely healed. It took my daughter several weeks afterwards to feel back to herself. And at times it still bothers her. I told her that might be a lifelong thing or not since she is so young.

Kate- I think of you often and hoping your son‘s treatment is going well.

I also recently had my booster. Similar side effects from my previous two shots. Extremely sore arm. I did get a really bad headache that lasted for 24 hours. My husband originally had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and decided to get the Moderna as his booster. No side effects.

A little update on me…
It’s been exactly six months since my accident. November is a great month to remind me of the many positive things I have in my life. The first hurdle a few weeks ago was returning the hospital bed. So glad to have that out of my living room. It took almost a month before I could start to bear weight on my right leg. The pain was too much initially. So we used an antigravity treadmill in therapy which allowed me to slowly start putting weight on my injured leg. In the last 2 weeks, I have officially transitioned to using a cane only versus a rolling walker. This also means finally that I do not have to butt scoot up and down the stairs anymore.  My range of motion, strength, and balance are still significantly impaired but hopefully with time I will continue to see improvement. Including my neck, left arm and shoulder areas which were also injured. The pain, swelling, and numbness continue as expected.  Still trying to have patience that this is a 1-2 year process before complete healing and possibly returning to my previous level of functioning.

Waving hello to the rest of the gang and I’m hoping to get better at checking in more.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 07:23 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Hi everyone!

I have the motivation to do my workouts, but posting is another story. I did a Susan Powter strength one on YouTube that I have downloaded. I've done it several times and like it a lot. It is calm and well-paced. At this point I am sticking to older workouts mostly that I know. My concentration is off and I don't want to hurt myself.

Loving the hugs from you and sending them back double!

BabyW, you took the words right outta my mouth. Sorry to be so MIA, Watulans, I'm just swamped over here.

Still doing Xtrain and am thinking since I did a week of Fit Split, then two weeks of RWH, followed by two weeks of Xtrain, I might combine all three for a bit and see what happens. Maybe. I have to say I'm appreciating Xtrain like crazy now that I'm revisiting it post STS...it's like a totally different set to me now somehow!

Oh, and I did this Power Yoga with Rob today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkcmMu-1q8

That was a great strong practice and I'll definitely check out more from that channel!

I hope to check in more thoroughly sometime (like, before the year is out, sheesh, where is time going????) but am reading each of your posts and cheering you all on, especially ChelePA and all the progress you've made girl!

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 10:32 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday!

What did everyone do for fun Friday? I had hope to go on a hike but it is pouring down rain today. This evening, I hope to get in CL 370 - Chiseled Upper Body Blast.

I see that Cathe is having her Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. There are some good bargains.

Chel- I am so glad that you are progressing so nicely. You are so positive and your great attitude encourages me.

Bee-I have also began watching Christmas movies. Have you seen Jingle Jangle?

Kitty- whenever I am stomped about what weight program I will use for a rotation, I usually use X-train. I like this series.

Watulans-Have a great weekend.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 01:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Bee - I used to avoid Christmas movies until recent years. I think I got sick of the old "classic" favorites. Now, I have new favorites that I like to watch each year.

Chele - You are making good progress, though it must seem glacially slow!

Kim - It is Susan Powter's Building Strength. She only does 10 reps for most of the moves and goes at a pace appropriate for heavier weights.

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 08:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday! Is it Friday? I completely lost the day. I seem to have had a bad reaction to the flu vaccine..... at 1am I woke up with a racing heart and it just stayed that way for hours (and hours). I felt miserable. Other typical flu vaccine side effects -- achy, headache, but that racing heart was awful. And seems to be from flu vaccine, not covid vaccine. So I was in bed all day. Finally got a little bit of sleep.

Chele, it sounds like there must be so much going on in your world. Very nice that you don't have to butt scoot up and down the stairs anymore! Congrats! And that anti gravity treadmill sounds interesting. Hang in there!

kittybug, sounds like it's hard for you to find time to come up for air! Seems like Xtrain + Fit Split + RWH would make for a good rotation. And thanks for the pointer to the yoga!

horusosiris, nice to hear from you! I have not seen Jingle Jangle -- haven't even heard of it! The only one I've watched so far is Love Hard on netflix -- well, and when I couldn't sleep I turned on Dash and Lilly again -- watched that multiple times last year. I'll try to find Jingle Jangle. Sorry your hike got rained out!

Vintage, there are so many new Christmas shows/movies now, right? It's kind of fun.

Kim, I love that tradition of an extra day off the month you started. Do you get that every year, or just for certain anniversaries? Very cool.

Waves to cataddict, Kate, Linda, and anyone else I'm missing in my haze. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-13-21, 11:45 AM  
Mickey12

Bee so sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to your vaccine. It’s certainly not fun, but I think it’s important to be protected, especially as we get older. I never used to get the flu shot but since I turned 50 I get it every year. Thankfully I have never had a reaction to it.

The extra day off in March was only for my 20th year milestone. An extra day off every year would be nice too though! I also received a $100 gift card as well, so that was really nice. I think I got a candy dish for my 15th year milestone so I like the $100 cash a lot more!

Well, I just went a little crazy and ordered 9 new DVDs from Mary and Collage. They will be Christmas gifts from my husband, haha! I got chair aerobics which looked pretty good and it was on sale. I like having things for “you never know when you might need this” situations. I also got a foam rolling workout that was pretty cheap and looked interesting and a used yoga therapy for back pain DVD. Since I have been working on my abs lately I got KCM abs and core and I got Ilaria’s abs and push-ups workout. And since I was on a buying spree, I picked up 2 Athletica workouts and two Powerstrike workouts that I didn’t already have.

I went searching through my DVDs and found I had Kathy Smith’s Tummy Tamers and Rob Glick and Kimberly Spreen’s Core Cuts so I pulled those out to add into my workouts for the coming weeks.

I am hosting a small Thanksgiving gathering this year and then we are going to my sister in-laws house later in the day for meal number two. So I have been in meal planning mode and have to get into house cleaning duties (which I hate). I don’t do a lot of hosting so it’s sort of stressful, but I like the holidays.

What have you all got planned for Thanksgiving?

Tags
watulan check-in