Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-21, 08:52 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I had my last one (my third) in September and the prep was much easier than in the past. This time I used SuTab. They are tablets that you take with lots of water. So much better than drinking all that gross liquid. You do two rounds of it like the liquid prep. The only issue is it took a very long time to work and that interfered with my sleep as I couldn't go to bed until after I was "done." So if you ask for it be aware of that. Also my insurance didn't cover it. I think it would have cost about $140 without insurance but the doctor gave me a coupon and it cost $40 out of pocket.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 01:38 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I think Hazel's statement put everything into perspective for me. I have some lower GI issues so I was really nervous regarding this last one, and hugely relieved when they found no serious problems. I have to say that I have had a lot of medical tests, and I think colonoscopy prep is probably the most unpleasant of all of them.
Old 11-01-21, 03:14 PM  
Scorpio6

I'm going to do that Cologuard bc I have inherited chronic low blood sugar and refuse to have a colonoscopy. I'm not paying anyone to make me that sick.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 04:41 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
I'm going to do that Cologuard bc I have inherited chronic low blood sugar and refuse to have a colonoscopy. I'm not paying anyone to make me that sick.
My doctor recommended it to me as I have no family history and no symptoms. I think I read that it isn’t a standard preventative test in the UK, but only done if you have symptoms.
Old 11-04-21, 04:49 PM  
lynnf

I finally solved my problems with the prep -- have your doctor give you prescription anti-nausea meds and take one hour before drinking the prep. The only way I could can get it down. And keep it down. Works well.

Last edited by lynnf; 11-04-21 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 05:27 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
I finally solved my problems with the prep -- have your doctor give you prescription anti-nausea meds and take one hour before drinking the prep. The only way I could can get it down. And keep it down. Works well.
Good to know. I kept throwing up this past summer when I tried drinking the prep. They said next time they'd do this. Here's hoping it works for me too!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 02:41 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

DH is prepping for his C-scopy tomorrow morning. it's different this time:

no solid food all day - only jello, fat free broth, water, gatorade and other clear liquids
take 3 tiny Dulcolax pills by mouth at 4 PM.
*32 ounces of Miralax powder mixed with either the sport drink Propel or Gatorade at 5 PM.

*Miralax powder - 8.3 ounces of powder mixed with 64 ounces of Propel, your choice, as long as the sport drink is light-colored or clear. Red colored drinks are prohibited during the prep.

both Dulcolax and Miralax are sold over the counter and generic forms are available. i was able to use a Flex Spending debit card to pay for both despite both being OTC.

tomorrow at 5 AM, he drinks the last half of the Miralax/Propel cocktail (32 oz). procedure is at 9 AM.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 06:31 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
DH is prepping for his C-scopy tomorrow morning. it's different this time:

no solid food all day - only jello, fat free broth, water, gatorade and other clear liquids
take 3 tiny Dulcolax pills by mouth at 4 PM.
*32 ounces of Miralax powder mixed with either the sport drink Propel or Gatorade at 5 PM.

*Miralax powder - 8.3 ounces of powder mixed with 64 ounces of Propel, your choice, as long as the sport drink is light-colored or clear. Red colored drinks are prohibited during the prep.

both Dulcolax and Miralax are sold over the counter and generic forms are available. i was able to use a Flex Spending debit card to pay for both despite both being OTC.

tomorrow at 5 AM, he drinks the last half of the Miralax/Propel cocktail (32 oz). procedure is at 9 AM.

Mine was in May and exactly the same as above. Mine was scheduled at noon. I skipped the last part at 5 because everything was clear and I hadn’t eaten in over 24 hours. The only thing was when I went to get the prep everything was sold out. Apparently Covid delayed a lot of these procedures and they were catching up. I had to go to two more places to get my prep stuff. And that day, my doctor did 17 colonoscopies. One after the other.
Old 07-15-22, 08:14 AM  
Lori_Michigan

That's my prep too. I had one back in 2019 and had polyps so I'm on the every 3-year plan. It took me nearly 4 months to get one scheduled this year.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 08:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Ha Ha I'm going to find out in a few weeks. The APRN promised me it's way better. It's not a big jug to drink, she promised it's two small ones. I haven't opened the prep kit yet but it appears that the two whatever they ares in there are not much smaller than two halves of the giant jug. I sure hope the jugs are for mixing up Miralax which has no taste.

Ugh. Roll eyes!

PS If your doctor insists on the old fashioned prep - pineapple flavor was recommended to me and while it wasn't delicious, it was tolerable.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
colonoscopy, colonoscopy prep