Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-21, 12:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

My hubby and I are TOTALLY hooked on Netflix's Resurrection: Ertugrul. OMG HOOKED!
It is a very very long Turkish historical fiction and adventure television series. The show is set in the 13th century and is based on the life of Ertuğrul, the father of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

It is in Turkish but has subtitles. It's so good I don't even mind.
Each season has 90-100 episodes!!!!! LONG!
I have found a newfound respect for the Muslim religion watching this.

It is based on history but LOTS of fiction too. It's almost like a 13th century soap opera. One episode in season 4 had both me and my husband bawling! I won't spoil it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80127001
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirili..._Ertu%C4%9Frul

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 04:18 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

I just finished binge watching "Maid" on Netflix. It was actually good, kind of heart wrenching but ended on a good note.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 01:25 AM  
loulou

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
My hubby and I are TOTALLY hooked on Netflix's Resurrection: Ertugrul. OMG HOOKED!
It is a very very long Turkish historical fiction and adventure television series. The show is set in the 13th century and is based on the life of Ertuğrul, the father of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

I have found a newfound respect for the Muslim religion watching t
It is based on history but LOTS of fiction too. It's almost like a 13th century soap opera. One episode in season 4 had both me and my husband bawling! I won't spoil it.

Hey Kate. This looked great but when I went to check it out the link wouldn't play and it wouldn't come up in a Netflix search. When I googled it it said it was removed from Netflix. Some comments were that the license expired and some comments were that it's too popular.

Disappointing. If you find where it can be viewed again please post. Sorry I missed it. It looks very intriguing. I hope you are able to finish it if it's in your queue.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 01:55 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
Hey Kate. This looked great but when I went to check it out the link wouldn't play and it wouldn't come up in a Netflix search. When I googled it it said it was removed from Netflix. Some comments were that the license expired and some comments were that it's too popular.

Disappointing. If you find where it can be viewed again please post. Sorry I missed it. It looks very intriguing. I hope you are able to finish it if it's in your queue.
Only Season 1 and 2 were removed I guess.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 06:15 PM  
pgun3

I am binge watching

Letterkenny on Hulu.

You have to have a great sense of humor since it has some stupid humor, raunchy humor and you can't have a stick up your butt or you won't enjoy it because you will get offended.

It's right up my alley. The main character started out doing shorts on youtube and now he's on his 10th season.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-21, 07:08 PM  
alisoncooks

Watching Once Upon a Time again, lol. It’s been a while…
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-21, 12:51 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post

I have found a newfound respect for the Muslim religion watching this.

My husband watched it and loved it. I watched some of it with him, it is fascinating to watch.
Old 10-29-21, 10:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I am binge watching

Letterkenny on Hulu.

You have to have a great sense of humor since it has some stupid humor, raunchy humor and you can't have a stick up your butt or you won't enjoy it because you will get offended.

It's right up my alley. The main character started out doing shorts on youtube and now he's on his 10th season.

My husband loves Letterkenny. I'm not offended by it, but it's also not my thing. I'll think of you when my husband watches.

This may have already been mentioned, but a couple of Hulu shows have me hooked..... Only Murders in the Building and Shrill.
Old 10-30-21, 09:43 AM  
donellda

We just finished Murders Only in the Building and Reservation Dogs. I live in Canada and these were both on Disney+. It is really difficult for me to get my husband to watch a series but he did like these 2.
Old 10-30-21, 10:58 AM  
BunnyHop

Finished watching Elementary on dvd yesterday.

I hadn't seen the final season in quite some time because I don't have my own copy.

The series as a whole stands up quite well. I really enjoy the show, and had forgotten how well the ending came together. All I had really remembered is that the sixth season had been written as though it were a series finale and that when they got the renewal for a seventh season, they had some fancy footwork to do so things could get back to normal story telling.

The only gripe I have about the show as a whole is that in the final two seasons there are big-bad type adversaries that just didn't entertain me all that well. I enjoy the main characters, especially their dialogue, so there's still a lot to enjoy.

My favorite part is watching the character of Sherlock gradually transform without being turned in to some other character altogether. He starts as a curmudgeonly loner, and ends as a somewhat less cranky man with genuine friends who appreciate his personality quirks.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic