Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-21, 06:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey band girls ..... did I mention I recently did Boss Bands for the second time? I think I did, but maybe I forgot to give my impression -- I think I was able to use the band better this time, or maybe I just tried harder bands for some things (that first time through I went conservative on) but in any case..... I think I was sore in new ways for a couple of days after. That band work sneaks up.

cataddict, congrats on the cable dumping! Cool that you got a better deal on the other, too!!

Still struggling with BBS (broken butt syndrome). I think this is exactly what I went to PT for before, as I mentioned. So.... after years and years of faithfully writing down my workout on my calendar and never again looking at it, I pulled out my calendar for that time of my life -- so grateful to be able to look back at what I did. Seems I did my PT exercises every day, and then about ever other day I would alternate upper body workouts with some cardio that didn't look too intense on the legs. I think I will stick with that sort of thing for a while. So far, I have remembered some stretches I used to do that relieve the pain better than anything.

Truth be told..... I quietly turned 60 at the beginning of this month, and ever since it feels as though my body is falling apart! I know that I'm much better off than a lot of 60 year olds, but given that I am mentally about 35 or 40 (), this has been a tough hit to my ego. Sorry.... whining done now. I'm sure that Chele is ready to curse me about now. Sorry, Chele!!

Oops, well, can I just mention that the rain has begun here and we've discovered a leak at our wood burning stove chimney? (roofer here already today -- woot!) and our power was out for the second time this week?! Ok, whining really done now.

Waves to all.....
Old 10-22-21, 05:53 AM  
ChelePA

Bee…a very happy birthday to you!!! How did you spend your day?

Also, please know we all here for each other no matter the circumstances. It’s one of the many reasons why I love this group. Hoping you start to feel some relief from your PT exercises and mixing things up. Sending lots of positive and healing vibes.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:21 AM  
manleym

Happy Belated Birthday Bee! I hope you had a wonderful day, doing the things you love with the people you love!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:37 AM  
manleym

Quick check in:

Monday - Caroline's Day 14 of EPIC Full Body Workout at Home with Dumbbells - Superset. This was a great, slow, heavy(ish) workout. I loved the structure. Caroline starts with abs, then moves to LB, and ends with UB. That was a nice change of pace since most workouts have the abs at the end. I also liked doing a weighted move, followed by a similar bodyweight move.

Tuesday - Dud day - I picked up Star Trainers Cardio Cardio Kick Butt dvd at HPB recently because I saw that Kimberly Spreen has a section. I haven't done her workout yet, but chose Violet Zakl Cardio Cardio Kick Butt (just ok) & Peak Performance Cardio- Kendell Hogan. I liked Kendell's workout better than Violets. His workout reminded me of a Pink Firm for some reason. Maybe because some of the background crew have been in Pink Firms. And I liked him as an instructor. I'll have to try Gay and Kimberly's workouts to see how I like them. But I paid less than $2 for the dvd, so no complaints there.

Wednesday -60 Minute Well Rounded Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class - 5 Parks Yoga (a FAV ) + Michelle Briehler Full Body Barre Workout 1 Hour Sculpting at Home Mini Band + Weights Cardio + Strength. I LOVED this workout and felt great afterwards! I liked the exercises and flow of this workout, Michelle's cueing and instruction is great, music was good. Who doesn't love some floor work to Rod Steward's “Forever Young”??? I liked her personality and presence as an instructor. This was a good choice and I want to explore more of her workouts. I also want to try some of Kaleigh Cohen Strength workouts. BTW, I used Cathe's green medium band (or does she call them loops? I get confused) so for those of you wanting to using Cathe's bands (the ones that go around your legs) you might be interested in this workout. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edxxlWXEsy0

Thursday - 45-Minute Power Vinyasa Flow With Calvin Corzine (another FAV! ) + CL # 367 Cardio Kickboxing & Core. I thought this was a great workout and really liked the core/ball work at end. Nice for something different.

Gotta run for now. Back later. Hugs and waves all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 01:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Happy Belated Birthday, Mizz Bee!!!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 02:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee…a very happy birthday to you!!! How did you spend your day?

Also, please know we all here for each other no matter the circumstances. It’s one of the many reasons why I love this group. Hoping you start to feel some relief from your PT exercises and mixing things up. Sending lots of positive and healing vibes.
Aw, Chele, thanks. I was going to try to fly under the radar with my birthday this year, but I ended up having multiple celebrations, all great. On the actual day we went to San Francisco and our friends made dinner for us. That was my request. It was such a nice night. My trip to Denver last month was to celebrate with my sister and cousins -- it was the best time for all of us. And then a good friend of mine took me to the Van Gogh experience and lunch. Nice all around!

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.

Today I did an earlier Cathe Live -- #54 -- 80s style cardio with low impact blasts. It was good for where I am though fairly repetitive. Did I tell you that I'm taking a picture of the thumbnail for the ones I've done and I have a Cathe Live album? I'm not sure if I'll ever use it but it seemed like a good way to keep track of the ones I've done.

Our roof was leaking again when we woke up this morning. Roof guy here again hopefully really fixing it because we are supposed to really get dumped on Sunday thru Tuesday. And my husband was going to go help someone get their stuck truck out of the mud and...... he got our truck stuck in our mud. It's the kind of day here! Hope where you each are you are having smoother sailing. Happy Friday!!
Old 10-22-21, 06:20 PM  
Mickey12

I love reading your posts Bee, you’re so witty and you seem to put a positive spin on even the most annoying, exasperating things like a leaky roof and fairly regular power outages. Good for you and your cheery life outlook. And happy birthday too! I don’t think I knew you were that age. For some reason I thought you were younger. That’s great that you still had your log from past workouts so you could refer back to your prior butt injury. Super helpful, I’m sure. I keep a log of workouts but when the year is done, the journal gets pitched. What do the rest of you do?

Yesterday I walked at lunch; another gorgeous day, and I did the yoga inspired section of Cathe’s ab circuits DVD from the STS system. It was a more moderate section as compared to others. I plan on continuing through the rest of them. I don’t think I ever did them more than once when I first got the dvd.

Alta thanks for the tip on using the loops with Cathe’s other band workout. Good idea. I still have to do the lower body workout that came with the loops.

Someone mentioned in the general thread that Cathe’s new workouts may feature some of her other fitness products like the small ball. That would be cool. No matter what she puts out I will be buying it though.

ChelePA our neighbor little boy came over yesterday because he’s selling Gertrude Hawk candy for school. I thought of you. We bought chocolate covered cherries, solid chocolate smidgens and peanut butter smidgens. Yum!

Speaking of sweets, I bought some fixings for cookie baking at the grocery store today. I am noticing multiple bare spots on the shelves and I didn’t want to risk not getting what I need for my husband’s favorite holiday cookies. I only make one or two kinds, but I wanted to be sure to have some things. Are you guys noticing empty shelves? It’s not terrible, but a little concerning.

I’m glad it’s Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 10-23-21, 12:42 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

UG, Watulans, I'm sooo behind...been swamped with work and stress!

Workouts first...I'm finally revisiting Ripped With HIIT for two weeks for some ridiculous reason. This past week was:
RWH LIHI Chest, Triceps, Shoulders plus Plyo HIIT 1
RWH LIHI Legs plus Abs 2
RWH LIHI Back, Biceps, Shoulders, plus Low Impact HIIT 1
RWH Circuit Lower Body plus Abs 1
Hair Max
RWH Circuit Upper Body

And this next week will be similar except swapping out the other two cardio workouts for Plyo HIIT 2 and Low Impact HIIT 2 and adding barre or yoga in place of Hair Max, hah!

FOLV, sleeping on a dorm floor? Oye vey! How'd your hike go?

Bee, I'm so sorry on the roof and power woes!! And I too have been having a bit of broken THUTT syndrome...I don't know what's up lately but I'm so achey and having a recurrence of a previous back/butt/thigh injury rearing its ugly head. Yoga aggravates it, not heavy lifting, go figure. Oh, and happy belated birthday to you!

Maybe Horusosiris' suggestion of foam rolling is something I should do! And YES, I'm so excited for a potential new series from Cathe and very curious what she'll do.

KateTT, way to go on caving with CL! I'm jealous of you LIVE CREW gals. Ah, one of these days I'll rejoin yah! Also good news on Justin.

ChelePA, best. news. ever on the bed!!!! Your progress is just simply amazing from where I'm sitting. I know you keep saying it's one day at a time, but you're incredible in how far you've come!!

Kim, you and your thrift store finds!! You're making me want to revisit old Firms and I don't even have any anymore. Oh, and hey, what items did you notice missing at the store? I'm curious and want to be forewarned. And on keeping a workout journal, I only recently started that in the last few years and keep them to refer back to when necessary. I could just kick myself for not doing this earlier! I used to write down what workout I did on a wall calendar but then would get rid of that calendar at the end of the year. Sometimes I wish I could look back and see what I was doing years ago, you know?

FN2, I have not yet tried that recipe!! I would need to modify it and have enough time which I haven't had at all lately, sigh. And way to GO on the abs! Oh, on cable, yeah, we dumped that a good time ago finally. Ridiculously expensive!! We got antennas (antennae?) to get PBS and some local stations and with that plus Roku and our streaming services, we're happy. The only thing that ticks me off is our cable company is old school and has a data cap (GRRR) but thus far, we don't have issues going over so it hadn't been a problem. I just keep an eye on it! And I haven't had a landline in...well, I don't know when!! But I would if I lived more remotely for sure.

Nathalie, so glad the recovery is going well!! And belated Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Manleym, girl, you and the incredible YouTube finds!! That barre one has been definitely bookmarked for when I get a chance! Thank you!!!

BabyW, those bands are excellent and useful for so many other workouts, I'm finding! Glad you (and Kim too) got to try the workout and the bands.

Okay, this is a book and I have to go...hope I didn't miss anyone! Waves and hugs all the way around, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 03:01 PM  
Mickey12

Just popping in to answer Kittybug’s question on the missing items in the store. I am seeing it in grocery and drug stores. Nothing specific, just a lot of empty space where there used to be many multiples of products. So I can’t really point to a particular product, sorry.
Old 10-23-21, 08:50 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Kim, I definitely have a life philosophy to laugh at myself whenever I can. It just seems to make life easier. I think maybe I come off as younger because I had kids late in life so based on their ages, people may imagine me younger. And, as I mentioned, because at heart I'm a 35 year old.

I have also noticed some of those holes on the grocery shelves, and certain things are already taking a long time to ship. The one thing I noticed, and maybe it was just that I was there late in the day or something (I can't remember what time I was there but it seemed like it was not my usual time, which is early) I noticed a lot gone in produce.

kittybug, sorry to hear you are so stressed. I hope things smooth out soon! And sorry about your thutt woes! I wonder if some of the barre stuff I did was my aggravation. I know what you mean about yoga, but I'm not convinced on the heavy lifting. I do some stretches that really help -- better than foam rolling even. The sequence is child's pose, cobra (but keep the glutes out of it -- don't tighten them), malasana, wide leg fold over (sheesh, what is that called?!), and then finally, and the best..... it's not quite a reclined figure 4. Leave say the left leg out straight on the floor, pull the right knee in. Hold right knee with right hand and slightly take it across midline and hold your right ankle with your left hand. I'm probably over complicating it. I get huge relief from this one. I think it's stretching the piriformis.

manleym, once again, you've got me wanting to do a Caroline -- that does sound like a good one. I may have to try it when I'm feeling a bit closer to 100%.

Vintage, your thread on the QiGong for Energy cracked me up. I didn't read the whole thing, but just the thread title was priceless!

No workout for me today -- just couldn't. But all afternoon was spent doing last minute re-checking and battening down the hatches. We are supposed to have an epic storm in tomorrow -- we'll see! Waves and hugs all around.

Tags
watulan check-in