Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-21, 03:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

to clarify, the strap does not stretch - it's like a regular, non-elastic, yoga strap but it has segments. here's a clip of Kathy's rejuvenation stretch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjB5nbO1AM

i've also seen a segmented yoga strap in Walmart brick/mortar store for ~$10.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 03:29 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

We got that cause that is the video she was referring to. Lol. Y’all are funny. SMH.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 06:05 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
to clarify, the strap does not stretch - it's like a regular, non-elastic, yoga strap but it has segments. here's a clip of Kathy's rejuvenation stretch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjB5nbO1AM

i've also seen a segmented yoga strap in Walmart brick/mortar store for ~$10.
Thanks for the link. I don’t have that dvd, and was curious how it worked.
Old 10-03-21, 07:36 AM  
katalina

Thank you for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Hi, I went on youtube look for exactly what you are asking.. I only found one. I wanted to get the Kathy Smith, I just haven't gotten around to it. I love the Strap with the loops. Let me show you the one I found. it's short but it does the trick and uses the loops.

Bob and the Strap

Jess Fit

Vive Health

Vive Health

HTH

I tried the Vive Health - Stretch Strap Exercises for Beginners. This is very similar to the Kathy Smith one and I really enjoyed it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
Margaret Richard's Slim and Limber is a stretch workout with a loop band. I had it in VHS. It was released on DVD as part of Strong & Limber for Life.
I'll keep my eye out for that one. Thanks!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-21, 12:53 PM  
Venus

katalina, do you use the yoga strap with loops or a regular yoga strap? I have Kathy's stretch DVD on my wish list since I've seen it praised several times on VF. Thanks for mentioning it's on the Fat Burning Walking workout; that might be a better buy. I've bookmarked the Vive Health stretch for beginners to try out since you said it's similar.

I don't have a yoga strap with loops and the only stretch DVDs which came to mind only use a regular yoga strap. I could only remember Jeanette Jenkins' Core & Stretch off hand, and, if I remember correctly, I think it is only used briefly. Like Cheryl, I did a YouTube search:

YouTube search: stretch with yoga strap

I found this channel: Jessi FIT Pilates

There are three stretch routines using a yoga strap with loops (though the instructor says you can use a regular yoga strap or a towel):

Total body quick stretch & core - Yoga loop strap workout - 10 min

Lower body stretch to feel amazing - Yoga with strap - 20 min
This one is chaptered.

How to use the stretch strap with loops - 30 minute stretch routine
This is the one Cheryl listed. It says it's 30 minutes, but it's actually 24 minutes and starts at around 1 minute, so the routine is really 23 minutes. This one is also chaptered.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 08:21 AM  
katalina

I use this strap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a strap with the loops.

I appreciate the suggestions. I was really hoping there were some other dvds out there utilizing it. Youtube/streaming is not ideal, as my workout area is equipped with a vcr/dvd player.

I picked up Kathy Smith's rejuvenation dvds from Mary (Total Fitness) and reach for this one quite often. I hope you're able to get it and enjoy it.
Old 10-04-21, 08:34 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I use this strap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a strap with the loops.

I appreciate the suggestions. I was really hoping there were some other dvds out there utilizing it. Youtube/streaming is not ideal, as my workout area is equipped with a vcr/dvd player.

I picked up Kathy Smith's rejuvenation dvds from Mary (Total Fitness) and reach for this one quite often. I hope you're able to get it and enjoy it.
if possible, could you stream from your phone to the tv the youtube ones? or mirror image or chromecast ? just in case you can't get a DVD to your preference.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-04-21, 08:58 AM  
katalina

Thank you for your suggestion. I have an old (with knobs) tv in my workout area and rarely use my flip phone/no streaming. Hence, my search for dvds that work with the set up that I have. I realize I am missing out on things - especially Ellen and perhaps Jessica moving forward (so glad her next offerings will be on dvd). Thanks again.
Old 10-04-21, 09:07 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

talk about old tvs. I had a so called newer tv and it blew just week ago.. there ya go with the old stuff being better, last longer, simpler and still kicking.. Just like me. lol.. ok. a tv with knobs still around. wow.. and a flip phone.

~~~Cheryl

Old 10-04-21, 10:00 AM  
katalina

I do think a lot of older stuff was built to last. Plus I've always been more of the mind set, "if it's not broke, don't fix it!"

Tags
kathy smith, yoga strap