Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-29-21, 01:54 PM  
Kitten

Day 18, the dustiest of bunnies, Jane Fonda's low impact aerobics and stretch.

I have not reached for this in years. I remembered why when Michelle Le May started leading. She cues *after* the move. I was already not in love with the aerobics in general. I quit the aerobics and ff'd to the stretch. The stretch was good - I'll be keeping this out just for the stretch.

Note: this is a different workout from light aerobics and stress reduction which I absolutely adore.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 02:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Day 6 - Tracey Mallett Super Sculpt Pilates, oblique and butt workout.

Kitten - I love that workout, but I can't stand the goofball in the back with the baggy clothes and hat who walks in "by mistake."
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 05:58 PM  
Karla25

Day 17

Gloria Drayer: Full Moon Yoga

This is filmed in the white sands of New Mexico. It's a beautiful setting for yoga. There are four average women dressed in t-shirts and white pants. I found that refreshing. I don't like the bra-less, low cut look that so many instructors go for nowadays.

The music was nice, the practice was gentle, but the instructor was a bit too chatty for my taste. I have mixed emotions on this one.
Old 07-29-21, 09:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 18

Nadia Narain Chair Yoga (Session one) and Sara Ivanhoe On the Ball Yoga (2003).

Sara is not new, but I haven't done this DVD in ages. My hips were hurting a bit so I wanted something gentle and the ball workout was nice, though doing Sun Salutations with the ball was a little awkward. Also she has you raise the ball above your head and the ceiling height in my basement is too low for this. It was nice to do some of the poses with the aid of the ball (warrior 1, 2, 3, twists, stretches etc.) Sara is an excellent instructor. I'm just not sure how frequently I would reach for this and it's ~35 minutes or so.

Nadia is new or at least this Chair workout is. She's a bit dry. I only did the first session and it was okay. Not very exciting. I'll have to see what the other two sessions have to offer, before deciding.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 02:09 PM  
Kitten

Day 19, dustbunny possible virgin. Supreme 90 day cardio challenge.

I have not one, but two copies of this system. I still haven't finished a rotation and I love rotations.

The whole thing runs 40 minutes. The first 4 is the warmup, which I hate - it's the same on every workout, so I've done it before. So, I skipped it and did my own thing.

The next 30 minutes is 30 seconds of exercises done as fast as you can followed by 30 seconds of rest. There is a little bit of everything. Squats, Lunges, plank jacks, bear crawls, Voldemorts, etc. I did everything with 3 pound dumbbells unless it called for only one dumbbell, then I used a five pounder.

The last 5 minutes is a pretty good stretch. Again, it's the same on every workout. I actually use this stretch if I'm short on time.

I am pretty sure I have done some Pahla's that are very similar lol, just lower impact.

I'm actually keeping this one in the rotation.
Old 07-30-21, 04:57 PM  
bubbles76

Bad migraine yesterday and today. However, I was able to get in a workout, and now I've taken something that I know will put me to sleep and get rid of the migraine

Day 16 - Dave Snively Custom Fit - Cardio Mix. The Cardio Mix was the Hi Lo Aerobics and Cardio Rhythm workouts. Basically fun, simple aerobics. Dave Snively is goofy but fun! This is a virgin workout and virgin instructor. I enjoyed it for days I don't want to think to hard but get in a decent workout.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 05:34 PM  
Karla25

Day 18

Jane Fonda's Workout with Weights

I had this many years ago on a VHS tape and completely forgot about until I started looking for retro workouts. It's a straight forward workout using light weights. I liked the workout a lot.
Old 07-30-21, 06:18 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 18 (July 30, 2021) virgin

1999 Tom Holland Total Body Workout

(This is a good no-nonsense workout. I was mainly interested in the strength portions.)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 11:03 PM  
Vantreesta

I sort of fell off the wagon this week and took two rest days. Oh well, some weeks are like that!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 07:18 AM  
Kitten

Day 20!!! virgin 10MS core challenge 2 ( a Special K freebie) crunch free abs

I can't believe I have enough dvds to complete a 20 no instructor repeat and that they were dustbunnies/virgins to boot.

This 20 day challenge has inspired me to finish off the rest of my dustbunny/virgin pile. August and September will be Metrx 180 and Gin's ramp workouts. October and maybe November will be JNL Fusion.

Anyhoo, this workout didn't really click with me until the last exercise, so I'll reach for it on occasion when I'm burnt on my other core workouts

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins