Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-19, 10:55 PM  
Venus

I did Barlates Hula Barre Fusion: Arms and Thighs today. There is thigh dancing, pretzels, and swan/hula arms. I used 2 lb. weights, but had to set them down now and then. I put a towel under my knees for the thigh dancing. It was a pretty fun workout and my inner thighs are feeling sore.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 05:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I did I Am Change 2 (from K4x4) today, and I loved it! I used my Beleboom BT for v-ups, burpees, push ups and side planks. Great workout!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 06:37 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I did I Am Change 2 (from K4x4) today, and I loved it! I used my Beleboom BT for v-ups, burpees, push ups and side planks. Great workout!
What is a Beleboom?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
What is a Beleboom?
Bosu style, different brand. https://www.amazon.com/BELEBOOM-Exer.../dp/B07MXDJMFH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 10-02-19, 07:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Ahh, thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Ahh, thanks!
You're welcome!

Old 10-03-19, 06:59 AM  
hocuspocus

Amy Dixon Breathless Body. A little repetitive, but it is effective! A keeper!
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 08:01 AM  
Kitten

This morning was Metrx 180 definition workout 3 which is lower body, basically.

It starts with the "pre-exhaust method" 30 seconds each of regular squats, wide legged squats, and then narrow squats.
Then on to the workout.

I did end up increasing the weights on both the regular and one legged deadlifts. Next time I'll be increasing the weights on lying leg curls.

He also switched up the calf raises. Regular stance, toes out, toes in. Done both standing and seated on the ball. I'm increasing the weights next time.

The last exercises before the stretch are 2 60 second challenges. As many squats and then squat thrusts as you can do. I subbed a plank for the thrusts and surprised myself for being able to hold it the entire minute.

I have enjoyed (for the most part) this set. And I have made strength gains.

Anyone on the fence about this system, this is me enabling you.
I checked and it's on Amazon for $24.99.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 08:16 AM  
Hedgehog

I've been slacking on posting since the last push to post more...

Tue I unwrapped Body Beast which I ordered a while ago from the groupon sale, I did Chest & Tris Tue and added my Jamie Bryan Legs w/o to make up for my missed Mon. Ouch.

Back & Bis yesterday, not as much "ouch" as chest but, my Bis are starting to talk to me this am but, only in a whisper lol.

I'm still working on figuring out how to plan my current rotation and work BB in. I want to keep 3 leg days and I plan on doing BB legs today. I don't have the mental energy right now to plot anything out and I know I need to make a plan to keep progressing. I don't want to lose the Toniques or EBE2, I need to shift a little back towards the Bret Contreras w/os and have his new book for that but he advocates much less than I'm going to cram in....... I really just needed a no-thought program until life calms down and I'm regretting not planning something out when I knew I should!!!
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 08:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Literal shrink wrap tear off again this morning..... Ilyse Baker's Your Sexy Everything. An awful name for a supposed lower body workout with no equipment, but it was more of a cardio workout, really. It's not a bad travel workout probably. The gimmick is 5 minute tabata (really four plus one minute recovery), 6 minute thighs, 7 minute calves, and 8 minute glutes. I think that's how it went. 7 minutes for calves? Well, it definitely does work the calves, but it's really a disguise for some cardio, in my opinion.

We have a barn where two of the stalls we made into rooms for a workout room. It's a little scary going out there in the dark which I have to do (we had a mountain lion take one of our dogs right in front of our house), and then today there was someone having a skirmish on the roof right over my head! Very strange. I'm sure it was either a raccoon or rats. Maybe both!

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins