Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-10-21, 07:55 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - You should read a book for every 10 selfies you take. 10/10

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, thanks for another title for this thread! But it is the last one in your posting in September. I think I have some more from you in messages though from way back.

I'll be taking Gus for a walk and then Adelija and I will go exploring the area - i might take her to Stillwater, a town on the edge of the St Croix river. I pretty much finished chopping my back yard - only one small area that I forgot to look at, but OK if it doesn't get chopped. Then I'll be on to leaf raking! I'm also trying to figure out where to take Adelija for her teacher's conference break in two weeks and what to do for Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Laura, nice to get a zoom call with your brother! I have to figure out how to place a call on zoom - I've just been a participant on calls.

Paula, Adelija certainly has read more English than spoken it - it takes me two listens to figure out some things she's saying - she says words ending in -ough the same even though the pronunciation is different for that word ending - though vs cough vs through type stuff. I find it kind of cute . Adelija and I would likely have some independence at the WRC - I'd have to learn the evening activities also, but likely we'd be working on different animals.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-10-21, 06:12 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I'll see if I can rustle up some more themes. Thanks for letting me know this was the last one.

It was another day that just melted away, a mix of relaxing and getting stuff done. I made some "happy holiday" cards (as opposed to "Merry Christmas") and then some general cards with old gel plate prints. I cooked chicken parmesan for both of us. And, of course, we both spent time with Polly.

Paula - How exciting, to plan on having people over for Thanksgiving. The plan at this point for us is to have Thanksgiving here with Mom and Dad and then go to West Virginia for Christmas. We had hoped to go for a visit this fall and then at Christmas, but between the skyrocketing rates of infection there and the fact that some of DH's family don't take precautions and haven't been vaccinated, the fall trip probably won't happen. We'll see what happens closer to Christmas.

Anita - Yeah, I can see how reading a language more than speaking it would lead to some mispronunciations, especially English with all of its exceptions and breaking of rules.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 06:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm too lazy to go back and look for old unused themes. Here are some more...

Crone Cronies - You Realize That in About 30 Years, Rap Music Will be Muzak? 10/17

Crone Cronies - I've Still Got "It", but No One Wants to See It! 10/24

Crone Cronies - Some of the Neighbors Actually Look Better in Masks! 10/31

Crone Cronies - My Computer Has the Dingbats Font, Perfect for Writing Family. 11/6

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 08:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today was grocery day. We did a Costco run as well. I picked up a bunch of quilts to deliver to a local women's shelter then I made a big pot of marinara sauce, watered the plants and now I'm sitting here resting for the first time all day. Think I'll sleep good tonight.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started. Interesting theme, I never take selfies so I read more than one book for every 10 selfies I take. Not sure why but I thought it was so cute you're having to listen twice (or more) to what A is saying to know what she means. There are so many oddities in how English is pronounced I think it is a difficult language to learn. I'm sure you're a big help to her.

Laura, I think most families have some members who refuse to get vaccinated and won't wear a mask. It makes it hard to know what to do. Even though I'm fully vaccinated and now have had the booster I'd be reluctant to travel to an area where the infection rates are high. I know I'm now unlikely to get a bad case of COVID requiring hospitalization but I'd prefer not to get it at all.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 08:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning, and doing some putzing around the house. This evening, I'll be playing Spades, if it comes together, then going to the grocery store with Adelija - she wants to come, thus the later hour. I'm also reviewing centipede control as Adelija has found several downstairs with her - not fun. Poor kid!

Laura, thanks for future titles! I'm sorry, but I've gotten soooooo lazy looking for them. I made up spaghetti last night using the Italian sausages I grilled the night before in the sauce - yummy! Worked well in a red veggie sauce in a bottle - I haven't made this stuff in years!

Paula, I thought of Adelija when I saw the title of this thread - girl loves taking selfies! My brother and his wife are anti-vaccine so not vaccinated - I've not seen them in two years or so because of Covid. I do phone or video talk with them though. I'm done chopping stuff down in my gardens, so enjoying the bit of rest today!

Waves to all!

Anita