Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-04-22, 03:03 AM  
Helen

Monday, the 4th
38min, Kelly Coffey-Meyer - New You Coming - Latte Mix (Warmup, One set of everything, Stretch), with buddy who is still not 100%.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 06:08 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checked my app

Lili: I was thinking of you (I haven't started it yet) ... BUT - I have the "arms with tunde" on my app. I got there by going:
  • Classes (words along the bottom "home, challenges, classes, profile, MORE"
  • and once in classes - along the top click on "PROGRAMS" and Tunde's is the first one.

I hope you have it on yours. Now. For me to start it. That's a whole nother story!

Helen: I don't mind the 8:30 a.m. start time for pickleball. I usually work out between 4 and 6 a.m. on weekdays (with work) so this is actually a luxury. My only issue is trying to figure out if I want to do my (real) workout before or after pickleball. Since I slept in a little bit today (6 a.m.) I will do the workout after. My oura ring says I didn't sleep well (and I am a bit tired/groggy)!!! I'll have to make an effort to get to bed early tonight!

Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 04:49 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Tennis vs Pickleball

Vantreesta: I meant to comment earlier!!! There is a huge debate between tennis players and pickleballers. Or should I say dispute??? The same courts are being used. But the markings are different (Pickleball is a smaller playing area.) Lines are painted, overlapping some of the tennis courts. Pickleball is a cross between ping pong and badminton. Smaller paddles, wiffle like ball.

Many of the tennis courts in our area are not used but as pickleball courts, they are getting a lot of use. Then there's the sound it makes! Neighbors hate the sound of pickleball. Thwack, thwack, thwack. It's not as much running as tennis, so it's easier for most ages. I could NOT play tennis as it was far too much running for me as a child/teen. I did not play. Pickleball? Much different. Easy to learn, a lifetime to master.

Of course, it's ideal to have at least 4 people to play. I also have indoor courts we play at (for a fee) in the winter. At least it keeps us playing through cold, miserable weather. It's been around a long time. I had an old boss who played years ago, Kay's been playing many more years than I have. (I only got into it last August as a friend from work wanted to learn how, so we started playing. Then after a month or so I told her we needed to play with other people or we'd never get better. and the rest is history! ) I joined the league down by her, but she doesn't play much (different phase of life, with lots of taxi-ing for kids! Vs. my empty nesting.) But the opportunity is there to play at that court/league several times per day! I like to keep my options open.

and with that ???? My check in:

7/4/2022: 3+ hours of pickleball
this a.m. It was sunny, not humid and just a gorgeous day. Had a great day - jumped in a game with 3 strangers who were playing (before they left to give us the courts). then played with 7 others. Constant play, 2 courts.

To say I was tired? I came home with every intention of doing one of the rides for the pz challenge. But thought I'd lay down "just for a few minutes". 4 hours later .... good grief! it's time for supper. I knew I was tired, but still.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 07-04-22, 05:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Happy 4th of July to the USAers!
I'll be happy when it's over, as our little dog hates fireworks and thunder. She's been in bed with us the last 2 nights due to fireworks. I'm expecting tonight to be the worst. On top of that, she decided to get up at 5am yesterday and 4am today!

Let me catch up first:
7/2 - dog walk
GHU's Serious Strength Lower Body 2
GHU's Jab, Punch Crunch Burner
7/3 - dog walk
20 Min. 90's Ride with Camilla Ramon (new to me, okay, not great, not bad)
3.49 mile hike in the woods behind the reservoir
7/4 - 3.22 mile run with several walking breaks
Hoping for a dog walk after dinner.

Get Healthy U made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I caved and signed up for a year. And surprisingly, I was able to play the workouts directly from the TV through the computer thingie we bought a few years ago. This never worked before with their workouts, so they must have done something. For $8.04 for the year, I'm happy! Bonus, I liked both of the workouts that I tried!

Cleda - I was able to pull up Tunde's program! Now I have to decide if I'll do it! It looks like it's all short workouts, which is my go-to currently. Thanks for the tip!
Helen - I did that Leslie last week! Leslie is not in it and it's great when you don't feel up to a real workout. Hope your buddy continues to improve.
Vannie/Vantreesta - which name do you prefer? Glad to see you got a workout in! That's a lot of PT type classes, I hope they are helping.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 06:51 PM  
Helen

Tuesday
37min, Cathe - Low Impact Step, with (and for) buddy.

LILI
• $8 for the whole year?! Total bargain, and what a bonus that the computer thing worked - is it a dongle, or Chromecast, or ....???
• Buddy definitely isn't 100% yet, but when I see her again next Sat, she should be. So it's back to MY regular schedule for the rest of the week!

CLEDA
Looks like your Oura ring was right! 3 hours of pickleball added to 'didn't sleep well' and your body MADE you sleep well.

VANNIE
Waves!!

Listen! Hear that? Neither do I! The rain has stopped. Finally. It was torrential most of the day & night yesterday. Noticed it had stopped in the afternoon & was able to get Alice out - just a block away to the local school so all paved & then onto astro-turf - no muddy feet, and if caught (yes, we were) can still toss a ball on the basketball courts as they're under cover. Waited it out & made it home when back to sprinkling. Just yesterday we had 32" but Sydney was closer to 100". ETA By the time I finished putzing around VF, the sound of heavy rain was back.

It's Wednesday - the week is moving on!!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-07-22, 08:41 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I've been hearing about the torrential rain in Sydney, but I wasn't sure how much you were getting. I hope this didn't cause a problem for your sister.
We do have Chromecast, but this is a mini computer that is hooked to the TV. I use my wireless keyboard with it to stream Les Mills and now Get Healthy U. I used to use it for Barre 3 and Bellicon, until Bellicon stopped working on it.
First world problems.

7/5 - dog walk
GHU Gold Live Power Walk 1
Day 1 of Tunde's Arm Challenge
7/6 - dog walk

Appointments and life got in the way yesterday. I've already done some serious vacuuming this morning, so hoping for a more productive day.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 07:27 PM  
Helen

Wednesday
45 min dog walk

Thursday
59min, Cathe (chrono) - Intensity Series - BootCamp
60min, dog walk
35min, Cathe - Classics - Step Heat - Finished Product x2 Mix

LILI
• Vacuuming IS productive, just not concrete like actually 'producing' something. Hope you have end your day feeling like you had a good one too.
• You having a Chromecast is why we have one. But then smart TVs made it redundant. Hate that. Noticed That Elizabeth Warren is pushing for universal chargers to stop having to replace cords & chargers so often. 32-pin, lightning, miniUSB, USBC, ... every FitBit I've owned has a different cord/charger.
• Thank you for asking about my sister. Bridget wondered as well. So far, so good - the rain has been mostly focused in two separate areas: Sydney & the north Queensland coast. She is in between those two. We've been copping the northern tip of the Sydney system.

CLEDA & VANNIE

Friday - heading into 2nd day of NO RAIN!! There is even washing on the line & DH is planning a day in the yard, concreting some bricks into place.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 07-10-22, 02:49 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ooops .... I did it again

Vanished! into thin air. Not really, but just haven't posted. Doggone it.
Time to catch up:

7/5/2022 45 mins. Power Zone Ride w/Denis (tough one - if I remember correctly!) 10 mins. Low impact ride
7/6/2022: Row: 20 mins Drive with Aquil (my go-to instructor!)
7//7/2022: Rest
7/8/2022: 3+ hours of Pickleball
7/9/2022: 30 mins. Power zone Ride, 30 mins. Cliff Gospel Ride, post ride stretch, 1.5 hours of pickleball
7/10/2022: 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Ben, 20 mins. Grateful Ride (in German) with Cliff. Yes! sub titles were on and 5 mins. Post ride stretch

Our "whole house" generator project is FINALLY done. it's taken close to a year. Between supply chain issues, piping for propane, inspections, etc. But it is now TOTALLY finished and installed. Our expensive guarantee that we will NEVER lose power again. lol. It will test run every week and dh has an app to monitor it (and it gets sent to the company as well). No more pioneer woman for me when the power goes out. YAY!!! And we went big - so it will do the ENTIRE house. (Fridge, freezer, furnace, ACs depending on season, well pump, tvs, internet - as long as the cable doesn't go out). Such a relief. We never lost power until Superstorm Sandy. Now we seem to lose it at least once a year and much of the time it's for days.

2 more weeks of my Power zone Challenge. This one has felt like it's been going on FOREVER. It's only been 4 weeks so far (this is a shorter one - 6 weeks), but I reached the, "Are we there yet?" phase last week. I'm ready for recess, but will sign up for the next one because without it? I'd be even more of a sloth.

Lili: I enjoyed Cliff's (don't remember his last name - he's a German instructor and only has 34 rides) Gospel ride. That one was in English and he seems so real, so genuine. I like him. I took another ride today. My goal is to do all 34 of his rides. I hope he has/does more. Nope - didn't start the Tunde program ....

Technical issues. My roku isn't recognizing the Peloton when I go to screen mirror it. Not a big deal, I can either use my Ipad, sign in to Peloton on the tv via the app, but all that requires effort.

Helen:
They've been pushing for universal chargers for so many years it's ridiculous! It hasn't happened yet. (and every time I get something that has a different charger, I'm reminded of that.) my 3 go tos are: Apple (for Ipod and Ipad as long as it's NOT my old ipod) then there's the one for my phone (Android), which also is good for a lot of other stuff, some headphones, that's the "C" one I think --- and then there's my Kindle one. Which also doubles with another (forget which device). Oh then there's my Oura ring, totally separate, my Samsung watch totally separate, my fitbit Inspire - which is lost at the moment, but it's not far. It will turn up. (See above paragraph about effort.) ... I have a tower with all the charger plugs in it. Again - ridiculous. (But I do like my toys)

Waves to Vantreesta! Hope we haven't scared you off.

Cleda
Old 07-10-22, 04:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, Cleda! Nope, just a busy week and no workouts to report!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 06:40 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Whew ....

Glad to see you're reading.
Workouts will come back.

They will!
Cleda