Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-03-22, 03:37 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

I lost track of time yesterday but here I am! Yesterday was very humid but this morning it was glorious! So….

Saturday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift Treadmill Run
  • Side Planks and Lower Ab Leg Raises
  • Bike Ride in park: 8.15 miles – hot as all get out!

Sunday’s Workout:
  • Pushups
  • Body Electric Series 400, Show 12
  • Bike Ride: 16 miles on the bike trail

Pat: Seamus’ mom sounds like my kind of person! Anyone who loves animals is a friend of mine! So glad you enjoyed spending time with the kids. When my nieces and nephews were young, I was the aunt who was a kid right along with them. I even taught them the basics of riding on my back! Those were such fun days but they’re all grown up, done with college and out on their own. No grandbabies yet on DH’s side and there’s a lot of kids! We are planning on adopting a dog next year and I would love to get her rescue contact. I’ve been looking at Satos (abandoned dogs from Puerto Rico). Rescues are my heartbeat! In so many of these countries, animals are badly abused. Heartbreaking….

Donna: Insects tend to find me wherever I am so summer time is not my friend. I scratched a bite on my leg and DH jokingly calls it monkeypox! It looks like it but I know it’s a bug bite. Jenny seems to really be working for you. I’m getting closer to trying this set!

Summer Breeze: Sending you lots of healing hugs. This has to be such a hard decision but I always go to the doctor with a list of questions. It’s the only way I can make a good decision when I need to.

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend! My poor 3-legged cat, Cooper, was totally freaked out by the fireworks last night. He always sleeps with me and usually shares my pillow. Not comfy for me but I love him so I can’t chase him away!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy 4th of July!

I'm a little behind in keeping up with everyone but you all seem to be doing good workouts.

DIANE, you're a wonderful caregiver to all those sweet animals. I'm still mulling over this decision but I'm doing a little research too. The dr did tell me that it will heal without the surgery and I asked if I'd be able to walk normally without surgery and she said yes. I guess the surgery just speeds things along and keeps the bone in alignment. But things can always go wrong with surgery too so it's a tough decision.
I lean towards the conservative approach but I'll go armed with questions.

PAT, so glad you enjoyed your time with Seamus and family. Ugh on the buffering issues with Ellen. So annoying.

DONNA, hope you're enjoying your time off.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Independence Day! The last couple of days have been a blur of sleeping late, walking outdoors, wildlife and of course glowing with seeing family, especially sweet little Seamus.

Saturday I met my grandniece, her partner and the baby for an early morning walk. They stayed in an AirBnB right around the corner from me, and I gave them a tour of Revolutionary War sights in the neighborhood. For a few minutes it rained and we hid in a munitions tunnel at the fort. Seamus loved that.

Sunday I had a nice yin session then DH and I enjoyed the early evening strolling around at the beach. There was plenty of migratory shorebird activity - oyster catchers, plovers, osprey, pipers and terns!

Summer Breeze, that's a heavy decision to make. Are you in a type of walking boot, or brace, that holds the ankle stable? I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Nice bike rides for you Diane. It was hot Saturday, whew! I have one of those "monkeypox" bites and decided to have it looked at, it's been there going on two months. I looked up why I'm so popular with mosquitoes and it turns out they are attracted to the O blood types.

Good morning to Donna, I hope you are enjoying the long weekend.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 01:57 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I finally talked myself into doing Jessica's Lower Body Workout from Strong & Centered. This one does have a bit of a dread factor - but I do feel accomplished for having completed it! It does drag a bit for me b/c of the repetition and it is also just hard for me!

I also did Ellen's Yoga Mat Work.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I did just see there was another shooting at a parade in the Chicago suburbs. When will this end?

Summer Breeze - that is a tough decision to make particularly since there doesn't seem to be a strong case for going one way or the other.

Pat - sounds like you are just having a lovely time w/ family visits. I get bit all the time - no matter what I do!!

Diane - your poor kitty. My dogs are generally pretty ok w/ fireworks and thunder, it has to be pretty extreme for them to react.

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 09:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Ow, it hurts to be at work. I'm grateful for four days of good relaxation and fun though. Yesterday was another low key day featuring Kassandra's Reclined Yin practice, a 1.25 mile hike at waterfall trail, and 5,000 steps.

I just popped in to say hello and wish you all a very nice day!
Old 07-05-22, 10:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Split Sessions - Upper Body - I actually like this workout! She focuses quite a bit on posture. This and the Lower Body workout are not really traditional weight training sessions. The lower body workout uses a step and glider. A lot of work is done in the hip hinge position but for some reason that is ok for me w/ these workouts- I'm thinking it is the pacing and weight selection.

I added on Jessica Valent - 10 Min Thoracic Mobility and 10 Min Every Day Pilates

Pat - ugh, sorry you are back at work.

I'm off this week - staycation - and just laying low. I probably should work on some home projects, but, don't really feel like it!

Waves Summer Breeze and Diane -

Donna
Old 07-05-22, 03:03 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

Well, the day started out good then turned rainy. Oh well…. My irises are blooming beautifully and my daisies will be coming up soon. That’s the extent of my garden!

Monday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – using both Elliptical and Step 12 minute cardio portions followed by strength portions (Chest & Triceps focus)
  • Stretch
  • Afternoon: Walk on bike trail – 2.03 miles
  • Abs & stretch

Tuesday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – treadmill run, followed by legs – step ups, walking lunges, lateral lunges
  • Abs & Stretch

Summer
Breeze: I take after my maternal grandmother – she was always saving animals and rehabbing them, etc. Your ankle - it’s going to be a tough decision because you’ll always question yourself if you did the right thing. Just trust your gut. I’m always conservative when it comes to making medical decisions.

Pat: I wish I could sleep late! The cats start in between 5:30 and 6 a.m. and that’s the beginning of my day. When Chris was still with us, I would get up at 5 a.m. to get him ready for the day. I miss that boy so, so much. The CT shoreline is chock full of animal and bird activity! I miss living in CT. We lived in Rocky Hill for 6 years before we built this house. Hope your “monkeypox” bite goes away! I keep picking at mine. My grandmother used to say the bugs liked me because I was sweet LOL! She was a bit off on the sweet part!

Donna: I love Jessica Valent’s channel. I’ve found a lot of good practices to help with sciatica and piriformis! It’s just amazing what is out there for free!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I had another low key day, just Kassandra Morning Full Body Yin Yoga, a short lunch walk and 4,500 steps. I had my massage in the evening so I let it go as a mostly rest day, but seriously have got to get back to the weights and Pilates. Seems like a recurring theme [roll eyes].

Greetings all! Enjoy your day!

Donna, those projects can wait. I think you should enjoy some rest - you sure deserve it.

Diane, I tend to forget how small children and animals get you up early. Your walk on the bike trail sounds nice. I love CT! Where I live, anyway.

Sending positive thoughts to Summer Breeze.

Make it a great day!
Old 07-06-22, 11:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a CS episode - from Season 7 - i figured July = 7 so may as well pull out Season 7.

Today I did a 4 Mile walk w/ Leslie from her Walk 15 series. The time did go by quickly. It is so stinkin' humid outside and buggy so outdoor walks aren't appealing right now!

I also did Jill Miller - Yoga Tune up at Home - Level 1, Month 1, Program A - this is one of my go-to post workout stretches.

Pat - thanks, I did decide it is ok for me to take it easy and not have to "do" or "accomplish" anything. I'll be back to the grind next week anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donna
Old 07-07-22, 10:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning girls! I had a high fatigue day but somehow got a workout in, by sheer force:

~ Bird's Relaxing & Soothing Guided Meditation
~ Ellen Barrett 7-Day Challenge Day 2 - Power 15
~ Margaret's Strong for Life workout B
~ Kassandra's After Work Yoga
~ 3,327 steps

Can't believe how tired I was all afternoon and I crashed during Bird's meditation. Giving myself a lot of credit for getting out of bed and working out. I have to say - Ellen's workout from the 7-Day Challenge was not a favorite. It felt very effective but there were so many reps of pulsing chair pose, it seemed never-ending.

Donna, it was wicked humid. Getting in a long indoor walk sounds like the way to go.

Have a great day Diane and Summer Breeze!

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga