Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-22, 10:03 AM  
ChelePA

Bee…78 sounds lovely :sun. Good luck with the vaccine.

Kim…love that you walk in these temps. I prefer 60 and above. Haha.

Thursdays and Sundays on the schedule are more recovery or rest days. So today I added on a 30 minute cycling class. All Pink music. It was awesome! This class was when they had members in the studio. I actually might prefer instructor only. Which surprises me because I usually like Live type classes. I then followed it up with the workouts that were on the schedule. 20 minutes of beginner yoga and ending with a 10 minute foam rolling stretch.

Happy Thursday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 10:56 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, I'll take 78 ANY day! That is nuts though. We're feeling a tad spring-ish here with our mid-to-upper 40's temps and I will take it!

ChelePA, I too recently discovered doing abs first to get them out of the way/warm up better. Sometimes after a particularly sweaty workout I just want to be DONE and don't want to do abs so that's perfect, hah!

Kim, I must be the lone dissenter in that I like repetition. I feel like it gives me a chance to really 'get' things. That's just me though!

Yesterday was Cathe Live Step HIIT and Upper Body Weights, her second live. I LOVE this one because the music is the same as was used in her High Reps/Intensity/Lower Body Blast series release and it just makes me happy. Good stuff!

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 03:39 PM  
manleym

Kim my bday is Feb 27, so 10 days after yours! I think Cataddict's dad's bday was also on the 27th. I'll be 54, so a few years behind you. Hope your sister's cats are doing better. And hope ya'll have a super fun weekend!

Bee good for you for biting the bullet and getting your 1st Shinrix vacc! Kim had some really good pointers, which I need to think about - scheduling it on a Friday in case of side effects. And I hear ya about the weather. It's been cold in the mornings and 70s in the afternoons. Such a huge swing from last week when it was in the teens.

ChelePA - repetition - depends on the workout and day. Some days I don't mind it. Because like Kittybug I can really get into the move the 2nd or 3rd round. Or maybe the 3rd round is the fatigue round. Round 1 - figure out the move; round 2 - go deep into the move; round 3 - fatigue!!!! And the music make a HUGE difference! Such a motivator, or not. Glad you've had some good tunes.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 03:56 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Friday: Caroline CALCULATED Dumbbell Full Body Workout EPIC Endgame Day 24 (LOVED! FLEW! Like her weight complexes better than cardio complexes) + Courtney Andersen 20 MINUTE GLIDER CHALLENGE Full Body Workout With Towels Low Impact IGNITE 15 (GREAT! Perfect add-on; love gliders and functional, full body moves) + Vytas FYP Strength 2 (not what I was wanting today; takes awhile setting up poses; no Warriors or flow, just setting up and holding poses)

Saturday: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn (TOUGH! Moves are fast but I like her choreography; not just burpees (or another popular HIIT move) ad nauseam. The Peaks are tough. I was in between Michelle and the modifier) + Eoin Finn Pursuit of Happy Hips Easy Street (thought it would be too slow/mellow but felt really good after Michelle’s tough cardio).

Monday: 5 Min Full Body Warm Up with Caroline Girvan + KILLER Chest and Tricep Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 26 (it was KILLER HARD! LOTS of pushups; feeling stiff and tired; couldn’t go heavy; most pushups done on knees; don't like workout triceps so it was hard for me) + 15 Min ENGAGING ABS & Core Workout Dumbbells & Bodyweight(great ab workout; really liked it) + 10 MIN COOL DOWN + STRETCH end your workout right! - guided by angie

Monday: Caroline KILLER Chest and Tricep Workout with Dumbbells EPIC Endgame Day 26 (it was KILLER HARD! LOTS of pushups; did most pushups on knees) + 15 Min ENGAGING ABS & Core Workout Dumbbells & Bodyweight + end your workout right! - guided by angie

Tuesday: FIREWALKER Lower Body Workout - Leg Day EPIC Endgame Day 27 9TOUGH! Loved Finisher & BW moves) + 15 Min Wall Sit Challenge Leg Workout (hard after leg workout; great add-on; works really well with main workout; quads BURNING) + 5 Minute Lower Body Stretch by the Sea

Wednesday: BOSSED Back, Biceps and Abs Workout EPIC Endgame Day 28 (flew! Still feeling Monday and Tuesday's workouts. Caroline's nickname should be "DOMS for Days")
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 06:32 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee…I’ve had my ups and downs but I am feeling stuck now. I need to remember this is a very long marathon. Day by day. I think I’m scared that I won’t get back to my previous level of functioning and that I may be living with chronic pain. The doctors can only say 1-2 years when it comes to a recovery timeline. I started exercising because I wanted to be active as I got older. I watched many family members decline physically as they aged and now my mom especially the last few years. No muscle mass, etc. Looking frail. When I would go to the gym and see women much older than me in great shape—I thought this is what I want my future to look like. I’m going to keep going forward and hopefully things will continue to improve. I may have to accept my limitations in the future but right now I’m not giving up. Thanks for “listening” as always.
I'm glad you posted. I too was starting to get worried.
I would have the same fear if I was at your place. I admire you so much for your tenacity and your determination.
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 06:35 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Tuesday, Watulans!!

Today was Cathe Live 239, Lower Body Barre and Weights. Um, OUCH. Geez, what a total lower body burner! I wasn't even sure when the warmup ended because that was kinda brutal too! Not the smartest choice for today when I was already sore, but heck, it's over now, hah!

Have a great night, Watulans!!
I love this workout. I agree that it's hard to know when the warmup is over!

I'm glad you decided to subscribe to CL again. You said how much things have been harder for you recently and I'm sure it will be a great moral boost! You deserve it!
Old 02-10-22, 06:37 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I think Michele Dozois’ choreography is really fun. Those Peak 10 workouts are HARD! But they’re really fun too. And I love Eoin Finn’s Pursuit of Happy Hips. I feel like his practices are really nice and generally not as intense as Travis or Vytas.

I had to tend to my neighbor’s five dogs today after work. Oh my gosh, they are so darn cute! Chihuahua to Rottweiler and everything in between. I just love them. They sure help me get my steps.

I went out at lunch for a walk today but it was really windy, cold and unpleasant. I only lasted 10 minutes. I haven’t decided if I will do a workout tonight.

Be well, Watulans.
Old 02-10-22, 06:51 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

I was supposed to schedule an appointment for my Shingrix shot but it will have to wait a while because my son got Covid! It was a question of time before one of us would get it! For the moment, his symptoms are mild. Let's hope it stays this way! I know some families where one member got it but not the others. I hope it's the same for us!

On Sunday, I did C. Girvan UPPER BODY WORKOUT with Dumbbells - Muscle Building | Circuit Series Day 2. It's giant sets repeated 3 times. It was funny because with me, it was more of a pyramid down workout!

Yesterday was a leg day. I decided to be cautious and did the 20 Minute Bodyweight Leg Workout | Calisthenics Giant Sets followed by her 15 minutes Rock hard abs. It was just perfect. The leg workout was hard but at least, I was able to walk the next day!

I really feel that I've gained some strength using her workouts. I feel sorta pumped! It's a good thing as I realize I had lost some strength over time. It's a good way to get back on track! Part of it is probably that I go slower and deeper in the moves.

How luchy you are to have warmer weather. Here, it's still below 30!

Have a great evening all!
Nathalie
Old 02-10-22, 08:23 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I'm still around, but struggling. The X Ray I had showed a disc issue and severe arthritis. So I'm not sure what this means as far as recovery as the dr. was vague. If PT/medication combo doesn't relieve symptoms the next step is an orthopedic dr. Anyway the pain lingers, controlled for the most part by meds, and I am making the best of it. I've been to two PT sessions, and they do seem to help, or at least they give me a series of exercises that target the right places. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude but it's tough.

I've done a lot of walking, the PT exercises, some Team Body Project workouts, and a couple heavily modified Cathe Lives. I modified so much that they were close to unrecognizable.

I'm way behind!

Nathalie, hope your son is better and no one else in the family gets sick! You are not alone in Caroline's workouts becoming Pyramid Down workouts! Not only do I not use even close to her weights to start I am lucky to maintain what I start with by set 3.

manleym, yes, my dad's birthday was on the 27th. Mine was the 4th, last Friday. We didn't do anything special, but DH did buy a cake that we shared to celebrate both of our birthdays since his was on the 1st. So many
February birthdays!

FN1, I'm okay with two sets of an exercise, but I get bored at three.

Kim, I still have a VCR that I am using to transfer my old tapes to DVD. I like some of the old CIA tapes too. I don't have a ton of them. I'm also in the market for more of them. My old VCR chewed a few of my CIAs with Franny Benedetto and they were my favorites!

bee, I saw the cardio kickboxing workout on TBP. I am only using the free ones on YouTube at this point. I really like Daniel as the instructor. Alex is kind of hard to hear and a bit late cuing IMO. Neither of them is on beat 100% of the time, but I can adapt their movements to the music.

Waves and hugs to Kate, horusosiris, FOLV and BabyW!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 08:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee…I’ve had my ups and downs but I am feeling stuck now. I need to remember this is a very long marathon. Day by day. I think I’m scared that I won’t get back to my previous level of functioning and that I may be living with chronic pain. The doctors can only say 1-2 years when it comes to a recovery timeline. I started exercising because I wanted to be active as I got older. I watched many family members decline physically as they aged and now my mom especially the last few years. No muscle mass, etc. Looking frail. When I would go to the gym and see women much older than me in great shape—I thought this is what I want my future to look like. I’m going to keep going forward and hopefully things will continue to improve. I may have to accept my limitations in the future but right now I’m not giving up. Thanks for “listening” as always.
This truly spoke to me, particularly now as I'm dealing with my own physical issue and the fear of chronic pain and disability. Lately when I've been feeling particularly sorry for myself, I remember the challenges you have faced and are continuing to face and realize I have to keep trying and moving forward. You've been an inspiration and I thank you for that.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in