Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-21, 07:09 PM  
horsemom2

about the sore arm
some may be because of stiffening when getting the shot?

I focus on relaxing the arm as much as possible when getting a shot.
Old 04-20-21, 07:26 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
about the sore arm

I made sure my arm was very relaxed both times and still ended up with a crazy sore arm for a short time. I read it's from inflammation caused by the immune response. My arm soreness lasted much longer from the Shingrix vaccines.

Erica
Old 04-20-21, 07:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
about the sore arm

Barb, I do think that making sure to move your arm around after you get the shot makes a big difference. A nurse told me about this years ago, and now I wave my arm around like one of those weird used car puppets, haha. I find when I move my arm around after shots (flu, Shingrex, covid), it still gets sore but it's very mild (so mild that I can still comfortably sleep on that side).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Old 04-20-21, 07:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Barb, I do think that making sure to move your arm around after you get the shot makes a big difference. A nurse told me about this years ago, and now I wave my arm around like one of those weird used car puppets, haha. I find when I move my arm around after shots (flu, Shingrex, covid), it still gets sore but it's very mild (so mild that I can still comfortably sleep on that side).
I agree that keeping the arm moving makes a big difference in the soreness!

Erica
Old 04-20-21, 09:16 PM  
Leonana

My 20 year old daughter got her second Moderna shot yesterday afternoon. She had a sleepless night, with some body aches, head ache and queasy stomach. She feels better today, but is still fatigued. My second Pfizer is this Saturday. I had no reaction to the flu shot, or the first Pfizer, other than a sore arm. But I'm expecting a reaction this weekend, just to prepare myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I guess I am just extra lucky...I had the first Pfizer vaccine Saturday morning. I just felt tired until Sunday afternoon. My arm was not even sore. Sunday afternoon I had a slamming headache and nausea. By the evening I started to feel better, but it came back this morning. I hope I do not go through this again for the second one, just in time for my first Mother's Day without my husband or mom. Sigh....
I've heard that a bad reaction on the first shot could mean you had Covid in the past. But I don't know if it's true, just something I read somewhere.
Old 04-20-21, 09:19 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
My 20 year old daughter got her second Moderna shot yesterday afternoon. She had a sleepless night, with some body aches, head ache and queasy stomach. She feels better today, but is still fatigued. My second Pfizer is this Saturday. I had no reaction to the flu shot, or the first Pfizer, other than a sore arm. But I'm expecting a reaction this weekend, just to prepare myself.

I've heard that a bad reaction on the first shot could mean you had Covid in the past. But I don't know if it's true, just something I read somewhere.
I doubt it. I never had any symptoms. I know you can be asymptomatic, but I barely left the house .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-21-21, 04:07 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I doubt it. I never had any symptoms. I know you can be asymptomatic, but I barely left the house .
Sherry, didn't Frank have Covid?

One of my sons had a rough time after his first Moderna vaccine and he never had Covid. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fun either. He hasn't had his second dose yet and is dreading it after the first. I'm hoping a stronger reaction from the first means less on the second, but we'll see. Another son said he was wiped out after his first Moderna shot, but didn't say he had any other symptoms. We suspect he may have had Covid very early (last March) but he wasn't able to get tested. DH had a mild reaction to his first Moderna and never had Covid, but he always reacts to vaccines.

Erica
Old 04-21-21, 04:44 AM  
sherry7899

No, he did not have Covid. He had a negative test. He passed away from a pulmonary embolism.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-21-21, 05:48 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

One of my sons had a rough time after his first Moderna vaccine and he never had Covid. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fun either. He hasn't had his second dose yet and is dreading it after the first. I'm hoping a stronger reaction from the first means less on the second, but we'll see. Another son said he was wiped out after his first Moderna shot, but didn't say he had any other symptoms. We suspect he may have had Covid very early (last March) but he wasn't able to get tested. DH had a mild reaction to his first Moderna and never had Covid, but he always reacts to vaccines.

Erica
The folks I personally know who had a strong reaction to the first shot had very little reaction to the second shot (coincidentally or not, they had also had CoVid).

Carol
Old 04-21-21, 06:31 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
No, he did not have Covid. He had a negative test. He passed away from a pulmonary embolism.
Sherry, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I knew he didn't pass away from Covid, but for some reason I thought he had it earlier. In any case, I apologize and hope I didn't cause any additional pain. Big hugs to you.

Erica
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines