Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-31-21, 08:42 PM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up February 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 10:01 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I can tell the difference when I do Classical Stretch vs when I don't.

Last night: Nothing, steps for yesterday: 4,414
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-01-21, 01:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

week 2 of 21 DFX, real time

Diana, thanks for starting our month!

I did the yoga last night. Sun sal between every single move. I dealt with that by ignoring it. Did all the pose moves and slept very well.

This morning. Lower body and 10 min. Hardcore.

Q for Lynn: do you step or jump in yoga? My no-jump policy extends to yoga. The upward modifier jumps from down dog to feet together between hands so high that she's practically doing a handstand.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 05:45 PM  
lynnf

My old yoga class (normally on Wed.) restarted today on Mon. am via zoom so I did that plus 10 min. Barre 3. About to walk with DH.

Cynthia, I don't jump in yoga either. I did a bit with one of the classes I was doing on youtube, but I don't much like it. Plus I hate sun salutations. I realized after a long time that I can't bring my leg up to lunge from down dog far enough forward. Don't have the range of motion for it. No matter how long I do yoga. My usual class doesn't do much sun salutations, so it's not much of an issue anyway (they are a vinyasa thing, not Iyengar). But barre 3 sometimes does some burpee moves that mirror that motion and on consultation with an instructor via their forum, I learned I just have to do these leaning on a chair not trying to do this from the floor. Just have to accept my lack of range of motion with that hip movement.

Diana, stretching is important. Thanks for starting us off. Can't believe it's a new month.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 07:41 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a Rick Bhullar walk for about 3K steps and Heather Robertson's No Jumping Cardio and Abs.

Diana, what differences can you see with CS vs. without?

Cynthia, I don't love to jump with yoga either. What is the point as I am trying to put myself in a low-stress restful place, lol.

Lynn, getting the leg forward into lunge is hard.

It's funny that you are talking about yoga, as I was just searching for Trudi Styler's yoga on Youtube. I have the dvd but I don't know where it is. She and Sting are famous for their yoga practice and Sting looks amazingly fit, of course. The video is with the yoga master that she has private lessons with, and it's out in her garden. I did find it on YT so will probably do it soon.

Sting and Trudi sold their home (estate) in England and are living fully in Italy now. They have a vineyard on their property. Rough life ...
Old 02-01-21, 11:55 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl I woke feeling stiff and tight, especially in my upper body area. It seems to help with my neck pain. Also, she works the feet, too. I have found with my walking, I can have pain in my right foot when I wake. I haven't had this since doing the CS. I didn't do CS yesterday and my right foot was hurting this morning. Could be a coincidence.

Check-In: 1 hour walk, CS Full Body toning, CS shoulder pain and tension relief

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-02-21, 08:11 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches, steps for yesterday: 10,453
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-02-21, 01:07 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes

Diana, do you have a particular CS season?

Cheryl, I have all the Trudi Styler dvds. I like the instructor. Trudi irritates me a bit sometimes, though she is actually quite good at yoga. She looks like she's had a lot of plastic surgery, but maybe it's just me. Regardless of that ridiculous complaint I did do these a lot for a while and should pull them out some time. Because I actually really did enjoy them. I think this is more of a Cynthia style complaint.
Old 02-02-21, 08:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Haven't had a real rest day in more than a moth I think. I felt exhausted today and had a nice nap but although I feel okay, not energetic. Will resume with the 21DFX tomorrow.

Lynn, I'm trying not to feel insulted about how I complain.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 09:12 PM  
lynnf

Cynthia, you know I'm kidding. But you did complain about Lauren wearing bad outfits, didn't you?