Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-08-21, 02:27 PM  
AnMrsDe

Oh Chrys, if it's not a kidney stone, it's COVID!! Ugh, praying for a very quick recovery!!

Cher, glad things are going well with your DS's job. Once he can work from home, he'll probably really appreciate the pj's he can wear...at least my DS did when he had to WFH!

Beth, great to see you this month! How are you feeling by now?

Bex, that makes sense about your balance challenges. Keep at it as it'll get better. Here are some Heather workouts that use the band that are strengtheners for the hips/booty. I see I haven't tried a lot of these, so post if you find one that's really great! The workout I did on 2/3 is really a good one with the wide band around the thighs. I think it's the first one shown: ETA: I came back here to say on 2/12, I tried "Abs & Booty Band Workout - the 2nd workout shown on her playlist and I liked that one better for separate glute focus...working each leg and glute more individually. I'll now be including that one for my PT for a couple weeks...

https://www.youtube.com/c/Heatherrob...y=booty%20band
She uses great music so I never seemed bored and they seem to fly by for me.

Waves to all~~ hope everyone has a great week!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 08:53 PM  
bex

Chrys let me add my hopes that you have mild symptoms and a quick recovery.

AnMrsDe thanks for the playlist, these look great. I'll let you know which ones are both fun & fire!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-21, 09:39 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

This month I'm focusing on lifting slow and heavy.

Feb. 6 - Sarah Purcell Bone Boot Camp
Feb. 7 - Walk
Feb. 8 - Walk

AnMrsDe, thanks for asking! I have a little muscle pain and some other odd things that may be with me for a while. I'm trying to stay positive though. Did I mention I will never take those meds again, Lol?

Chrys, I'm so sorry about the Covid diagnosis. I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 05:09 PM  
AnMrsDe

Good to hear, Beth that you're staying positive....it's especially hard anyway with all that's going on right now.

Hope Tangerine and Tammie are ok this month...they haven't started their check-ins yet....Thinking of Chrys and hope she's feeling better. Been wondering how amg is doing this month with her new puppy, too....

AND...always thinking of our MIA's!! We'd love to hear from you!!
Old 02-11-21, 05:25 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, I thought my my dad was the only person who uses his leaf blower to blow light snow off the driveway!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 12:02 PM  
AnMrsDe

Haha, Cher, hey, he's got the right idea!! I'm sure using the blower is easier than shoveling/scraping for him, too!! Although, the blowing probably wouldn't work for my neighbors or many ppl on my street, as their driveways are compacted with snow/ice combinations so probably not much would blow away! At least I'm grateful that I've kept up with the scraping to this point, so my driveway is pretty darn "clean" at the moment--at least I see cement!!// Great news about your sister!! So happy for you guys!!
Old 02-12-21, 04:45 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Alas, we have a cold front coming in with negative temps. I am longing for spring! I've simplified my workouts quite a bit, mostly heavy and slow lifting for this month and occasional walking on the treadmill.

Feb. 9 - Sarah Purcell Bone Boot Camp
Feb. 10 - Walk
Feb. 11 - Sarah Purcell Bone Boot Camp

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-21, 11:51 PM  
bex

Thanks for the recommendation AnMrsDe. I’ll put that on deck for tonight.

Cher, glad to see the positive news about your sister. Hope it continues.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-21, 09:32 PM  
T2B

Hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day today!

Cher - Great news about your sister.

Chrys - sorry you have COVID but hopefully you have no or light symptoms and are improving already. Praying for a good outcome!

AnMrsDe - hi there!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 03:30 PM  
shoegoddess

Finished up my split workouts for the week today. Cleaned house and finished laundry yesterday. The motivation for all of that is hubby and I got the 1st dose of the Moderna CoVid shot today. I wasn't sure what the side effects would be so just in case I didn't feel well for a few days my main workouts for the week are done and my house and laundry are clean. My jaw is feeling a little sore but I think that's due to clinching my teeth. I tend to do that when I'm angry or anxious. I was pretty nervous but the nurse was great and told me to stay off of Facebook LOL!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts