Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-24-21, 12:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Nice to "see" you, Baby & Kate!!

I meant to tell you guys..... when I put in that STS squat rack dvd..... oh boy, that STS start up music! It took me right back to the time when STS came out. Wow -- feels so long ago. Figured some of you might be able to relate.

I also meant to give you our Christmas tree stand cat hack..... we bolted the stand permanently to a square of plywood so that it won't tip over. Makes for moving the stand around a bit more of a chore, but it's not a big deal. Not that that will change anyone's minds this year on a tree, but maybe for next year.

This morning I woke up so sore -- maybe all the walking I've been doing is aggravating things. At any rate, I ended up doing a Cathe Live -- number 349, Total Body Sizzle. This is the one where she introduces her mom. I certainly hope her mom is proud of her. I remember Cathe saying that when she told her parents she was going to make a career of fitness they weren't thrilled. Hopefully they got over it, and then some! Reminds me that my oldest wanted to start a youtube channel maybe ten years ago? because he thought he could make money. I told him he was crazy. Sheesh -- parents!! He might be retired at 25 if he hadn't listened to me.

Oh, doh! Meant to add that after the workout I did a Caroline Jordan sciatica stretch video (from the GD thread) and felt great after, so it was a good choice to work out!!

I hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving Eve Day!
Old 11-24-21, 01:16 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer and Kate…so happy you stopped by to say hello. Kate…I’m glad to hear so far so good with your son. I think of you both all the time.

Bee… I never had STS. I was never a fan of weights so that Series never interested me. Especially since it’s lifting heavy. Right? The newer one might be more my speed since It’s a shorter timeframe. We’ll see. I still don’t love lifting heavy weights. But I can manage 30 minutes or so. Well hopefully in the future I can.

Also this is the first year we will have an artificial tree. The last few years have been difficult trying to find good ones locally. We usually end up at a farm cutting one down but this year that wouldn’t be happening. Also Winston is a fan of picking up leaves, grass, etc. and constantly worrying about the needles after his emergency surgery would put me over the edge.

Today I did a mix and match with my cycling classes. Each one was between 10 to 15 minutes. I like mixing up instructors plus there was a variety of music. Pop, Motown, dance music, etc.. Time goes by fast. My therapist said she wanted me to try standing for short periods of time while cycling. I’ve been extremely fearful of doing that. So I’ve been slowly adding some standing to my classes. It’s not pretty but hopefully with time I’ll see improvement. It definitely challenges my leg/knee/ankle muscles in a different way.

We will be having Thanksgiving with my mom, brother and sister and their families tomorrow. It’s been quite some time since we’ve all gotten together indoors. Still a little nervous about it. We are all vaccinated but we know so many breakthrough cases are happening. Grace was a perfect example of that. It’s so hard knowing what the right thing to do is since Covid. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 08:06 AM  
manleym

Happy Thanksgiving my VF friends! We are in Florida with my husband's family. Thinking of all of you this morning and very grateful for our group! Hugs to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:21 AM  
ChelePA

So jealous of those who are in warmer climates for the holiday I am not a cold-weather person. And now after the accident I really feel the changes in temperature. Happy Thanksgiving to this wonderful group!

This morning I did a live cycling peloton class. I usually do pre-recorded. I think the instructor said there was 35,000 people in his class. Amazing! I can’t see all the statistics because I don’t have a peloton bike. It was an awesome, uplifting class. Lots of fun music! Then I did the Cathe Lite extended stretch number one with modifications.
Old 11-25-21, 10:30 AM  
lavna

Happy Thanksgiving to all Watulans!
I hope you have a great day with family and friends.
Enjoy the holiday!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 10:50 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you, Nathalie!!

Chele, wow, 35,000! That's amazing! I wonder if my cousin was one of them. She is on it most mornings.

Sorry about the change in temperatures bringing on more pain -- ug! If it makes you feel any better though, it's 43 at the beach this morning. It'll warm up slightly before we get there -- Dylan is still sleeping.

I'm feeling sort of lazy this morning..... not sure if I'll actually do a workout, but probably will walk later and definitely will be walking on the beach a bit. Have a wonderful day, Fierce Friends!!
Old 11-25-21, 04:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to my Watulan peeps!! I'm so thankful for each and every one of you.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 06:23 PM  
ChelePA

Hope everyone had a great holiday! It was absolutely wonderful seeing my family. My nephew’s family had to cancel because their son was exposed to Covid. Hoping they all stay negative.

Today I did a turkey burn workout from peloton. I think that’s what they called it. It was a recorded session from yesterday. The instructor was absolutely wonderful and so inspirational. The music matched the mood. At one point, I started crying based on what she was saying and the music in the background. That has never happened before. I guess I’m a little emotional these days.

Good Job
You're doing a good job, a good job
Good job
You're doing a good job
Don't get too down
The world needs you now
Know that you matter
Matter, matter yeah

We put up our artificial Christmas tree today. My brother just sent me a picture of his. He decided to get a 12 foot tree and he had to trim some off. It’s gigantic. That would be quite fun to decorate. I never have enough room for all my ornaments. We get special ones every year. I definitely would be able to fill his tree.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-27-21, 10:11 AM  
horusosiris

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was so different because usually we have a huge get together but this year family members only gathered in small groups. I am looking forward to next year.

Bee- I was one of those who liked the STS music. I felt that it matched the workouts and was unobtrusive.

Chel- I am glad you enjoyed your class. You are doing such a great job and YES the world needs you right now! Decorating a 12 foot tree would be such fun!

I watched King Richard on HBO Max yesterday. The movie was about the The Williams sisters, their rise to tennis stardom and how their fathered guided them. The father seemed quite a bit overbearing to me.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 04:40 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

Chele, I have sometimes been struck with emotion when doing a workout (well, ok, to be honest, I think it's only happened during yoga) like that. I can imagine you are a bundle of emotions these days. I don't know if this is another of those times when I am the last person on the planet to have heard of this, but do you know about the singer known as Nightbirde and her AGT performance? I just stumbled on that the other day and I am still thinking about her positivity and strength.

horusosiris, I really want to see that movie! Did you enjoy the movie, if not the father? Will Smith must have done well with the role. I still don't have HBO, but that movie pushes me closer to trying it.

I did The Firm volume 1 yesterday. That's one of those I tend to do about once a year as a gauge. This time it seemed not as difficult as I remember. Funny, sometimes it seems harder, sometimes easier. Also walked a bunch with my neighbor. Today I woke up very sore -- I'm not sure if it was workout sore or my pain sore. Took it easy but did do a Classical Stretch episode and some of my prehab guys stretches and felt a lot better after.

We got our tree. We got to the tree farm and realized none of us had any money. Fortunately it was just a mile and a half from our house. This was before I had done my CS and if I hadn't been feeling so sore I would have walked home because I can't stand the way my husband drives. Even just a mile and a half!!!!

It's been a rather lazy day other than that!!

Tags
watulan check-in