Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-04-21, 08:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

So I've done CL #205 Kickbox Burn and Blast (or is it blast and burn?). I liked but not loved it. It seemed like a whole lot of box and not much kick, sorta repetitive. I did enjoy the "cardio blast" at the end. Went to the gym with DH and did a combo of elliptical, bike, and sprints alternating with walking on their super cushy track. They have two kinds of ellipticals and the one I used didn't seem to be adjustable and Watulans, it just about killed me. I made it 10 minutes, said a few words my mother wouldn't approve of, then switched to the bike. They had another kind of elliptical that looked like it would be more doable so I will give it a try the next time. So as I'm riding the bike, feeling ancient and out of shape due to losing the "cat v elliptical" battle, a young guy who is probably half my age gets on the machine I had just surrendered to and starts using it. He stayed on it for a shorter time than I did! Hah! I smiled to myself and felt like less of a failure. I did walking on FunFriday but no other "regular" workout, as my glutes were crying, probably due to that elliptical from he!!. Today I did CL #360 Upper Body Pump due to its receiving the Watulan Seal of Approval. Yes, I liked it! Even though there was a repeat of a series of 3 exercises, Cathe didn't do a ton of reps and it moved quickly enough that I didn't get bored. One comment. There is a class participant who makes faces as if the workout is really, really, hard and her weight choices are frequently lower than mine. I KNOW she is fit enough not to be struggling the way she appears to be since I've seen her working out for several years, so I ask, why is she making those faces?? I know, it's trivial, but borderline annoying to me. **sigh** Thanks for reading my mini rant.

horusosiris, I'm glad you checked in! I've been wondering how you have fared during the storm and all that rain was crazy! I'm sorry to hear about your friends' place. Good for you for helping out.

Chele, did you get much impact from the storm? How are you doing?

Kate, so far Cathe hasn't used the "new" bands and loops in her Live workouts. I have just subbed them in several of the Lives that use the bands. So far, so good. I do agree that these are great for an "easier" day as they challenge but don't exhaust me. I will also play with combining the long loops to increase the intensity for some parts. I also plan to use the medium long loop for the warmup too. I like that there are a number of options. I haven't done any of Dove's workouts. I remember when they got a lot of discussion here and decided not to pull the trigger at the time. Can't recall exactly why at this point. Oh, and good news about Justin's chemo being tolerable for him. Keeping fingers crossed that he has an easy time with it!

manleym, also glad you checked in since your schedule has been so busy! Time does tend to get away from us, doesn't it? I haven't posted in a few days and I feel behind! I still have Kit Rich on my radar to try some other workouts by her. I think she would be great at cuing and form pointers. I didn't want to call anyone out specifically for the childlike voice since I like the workouts, but you do know who I mean!

Kim, glad you are making progress!

FOLV, I laughed about you not jumping on the step. IIRC it's jumping OFF that can be problematic. Cathe (and others) do that as well but most often I jump off one foot at a time so it won't be so jarring.

FN1, yes, listen to FOLV. It's time to get that hip checked out. Didn't Kim think her pain was hip and turned out to be something else?? Oh, and I admit to not knowing what "vocal fry" was and looked it up. Now I have a name for what has always annoyed me about they way Kim Kardashian talks. Well, her voice is one of numerous things about her that annoy me, but I digress.

Nathalie, how are you healing? Great that you will be able to get together with family for your mom's birthday. Sounds like fun and you deserve it!

bee, haha about the beans--2 or 3 per person! So with the storm our temperatures have dropped temporarily but the poor bean plants have a lot of crispy leaves and the tiny beans are shriveled up. We are hoping that once the temps stay more mild the plants will perk up and produce more beans again.

BabyW, sending {{HUGS}} your way.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 06:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hiya all Watulans, and happy Sunday!

Oye, I'm very behind! Life got away from me. Let's see, since last checking in, me and my sore legs did Travis' Level Up 108 Flexibility Wednesday, which just made me MORE sore. Thursday was Cathe's 4DS Kickbox plus Fit Split Kickbox which was a fun combo inspired by Horusosiris and her premix creations, and Friday was BarreAmped Fire. Saturday was Chore Max, and today I did Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre Plus Arms and Abs, another 80-minute sweat fest working stuff that doesn't normally get hit. OUCH.

KateTT, I am jealous of your Dove workouts. I missed the boat on those years ago but they look up my alley. I've seen one or two used on Mary's site...hmmm....

Manleym, yes, Jessica killed me especially since I haven't been doing that kind of stuff and was already hurting, but it was great! You inspired me to check out more of her stuff and I will be working through some DVDs of hers I haven't used in years.

FOLV, you ROCK the hike!!! I'm glad you and everyone else in the path of the storm are okay. Scary stuff!! Oh, and FN2 and FOLV, I think my hip will be okay and kind of have an idea of what happened. It's SO much better than it was, my modifying is out of an abundance of caution more than anything actually hurting or acting up, if that makes sense! But I do promise if it doesn't continue to improve back to normal I will get it checked out.

FN2, I laughed at your gym story, shaking my head like if SHE thinks she's a failure, goodness gracious, what am I????? Glad the younger guy put things in true perspective for you because I'm certain it's equipment and NOT your fitness level!

Bee, I was going to try to use Cathe's new bands for Flex Train when I did it, but it had been so long I couldn't remember what she did with them. I'm glad I didn't because I have no idea how I would have handled the 'T pulls' hah hah...but the fire walkers would have been good with the new bands and like you said, above the knees instead of at the ankles. Note to self for next time!

Kim, I'm so glad you're on the mend!! Oh, and I too can't believe it's September....I think I'm stuck in August.

Nathalie, hope you're enjoying the family gathering!!! How's the ankle?

BabyW, helllloooooo....hope you're hanging in there and all is well!!!

ChelePA, how are you and your daughter doing? Hugs to you!!!

Gotta start dinner...waves and hugs all the way around. Hope you all have a lovely holiday Monday!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 08:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All! Hope you had a nice weekend -- I guess it's still in the midst since tomorrow is a holiday for almost all of us. Although I know retirees might not pay attention to weekends, but for me, I still feel like weekends feel different.

Lately my cardio is all walking with friends -- not very taxing, but it's nice. I did what I know think of as the FOLV workout: Lower Body Blast (because of the orange). I did the premix without cardio -- ummmm..... didn't I just mention not working myself hard enough in the cardio department?! I might have bit a wee bit hungover from one little glass of prosecco too many. Tomorrow I need to hit a weights workout again but not sure what I'll do. Oh, I used the new band for LBB but it wasn't used for much.

Kate, I had all four Dove's Bodies and when they were really hot I was fairly new to VF and trading. I got scammed and sent off two of them to somebody and never got a trade back. It was my first trade -- amazing I ever tried again! A lot of people on VF apparently got scammed by the same person. At any rate, I still have the remaining two but haven't done them in a very long time. You make me want to pull them out again. I'm pretty sure I have #1 and #3 at this point. I remember them being tough in the way you talk about them -- just never a break and fairly fast paced. Hmmmm, Dove's Bodies/Dream Body. Hmmmm. Similar! But not.....

kittybug I'm glad to hear your hip is feeling a bit better. Hopefully you can keep it that way!

Oh, Nathalie, not surprised that you weren't sure about the band I mentioned. I think they are not that well known, but I just wasn't sure if maybe they were a local favorite and maybe more of a household name. But maybe not. They were fun.

cataddict that was a funny story about the elliptical. I have no doubt you could give a young fit guy a run for his money!!

Waves to all..... I need to get busy on dishes, etc.
Old 09-07-21, 10:00 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, that's so awful on the trade scamming! I think I remember when there was a lot of that going on as it turned me off from doing too much trading, but I wasn't doing very much at the time anyway. I'm so sorry you experienced that!

My Labor Day workout was Jessica Smith's 10 pounds down Total Body Tuneup which I LOVED! What a great metabolic light weight, high rep nonstop workout and who doesn't love Jessica? Gotta try the Weight Loss Cardio Mix which is also on the same DVD.

I cannot believe this has been sitting on my shelf unused for so long though I do remember why. I got it some years ago and did it one time and ended up severely injuring myself (not the workout's fault, I was going through a personal heck at the time that was affecting me in body, mind, and spirit). I guess I had injury PTSD and therefore blinders on to the fact that it was still on my shelf but I can say I'm officially over that now, hah!

Does anyone here have her Cardio Abs workout? Do I need to look into acquiring that too? Oh, who am I kidding, of course I do.

I guess I need to think about what workout to do today...jonesing for some Cathe maybe. Stay fierce, Watulans!!

Old 09-07-21, 11:59 AM  
ChelePA

Just a super quick check in to say hello to everyone. Today is a big day for me. It’s the first time in therapy that I’ll be putting weight on my right foot/leg. I’m very nervous about it. I still don’t have full range of motion of my knee area. Swelling persists as well as pain and numbness in certain areas. Also, lots of hip pain and reduced flexibility due to the imbalance of putting weight only on one side for so many months. My sleep is completely disrupted. Hoping someday to get back to sleeping more than two hours at a clip. It really affects all areas of life.

I also wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for the continued support. It’s been almost 4 months and you ladies never forget. It means so much. I’m sorry I’m not posting much lately. It’s definitely been a roller coaster of emotions. Don’t want to be bringing you ladies down. Hoping some things start to turn around now that I can put weight on my leg. Baby steps.

Also just an FYI. For those who really enjoyed Kat’s HIIT step number one. She released a number two. I watched the final product. Loved the music as always. She also added a few little weight segments to this one. I know you ladies will be lifting much heavier than her. So jealous and hoping someday to get back to her routines.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 02:57 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just a super quick check in to say hello to everyone. Today is a big day for me. It’s the first time in therapy that I’ll be putting weight on my right foot/leg. I’m very nervous about it. I still don’t have full range of motion of my knee area. Swelling persists as well as pain and numbness in certain areas. Also, lots of hip pain and reduced flexibility due to the imbalance of putting weight only on one side for so many months. My sleep is completely disrupted. Hoping someday to get back to sleeping more than two hours at a clip. It really affects all areas of life.

I also wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for the continued support. It’s been almost 4 months and you ladies never forget. It means so much. I’m sorry I’m not posting much lately. It’s definitely been a roller coaster of emotions. Don’t want to be bringing you ladies down. Hoping some things start to turn around now that I can put weight on my leg. Baby steps.

Also just an FYI. For those who really enjoyed Kat’s HIIT step number one. She released a number two. I watched the final product. Loved the music as always. She also added a few little weight segments to this one. I know you ladies will be lifting much heavier than her. So jealous and hoping someday to get back to her routines.
It's SO GOOD hearing from you, ChelePA!! We're cheering you on today!! You are so strong and fierce! Look how far you've come!! Hang in there! We're here for you so post anytime, even if it's a bad day. Hugs and you will do great today!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-21, 03:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey Chele! Yes, good luck today, though by now you must have had your appointment. I hope it went well! I hope you have a really great therapist who helps you with all of the out of balance secondary issues you're having. And I hope somehow you can start getting more than two hours of sleep at a time. I love that you are still finding workouts for the rest of us to do! You rock. I echo manleym -- we are here for you anytime!

kittybug, yes, the trade incident was a bummer but in true VF fashion there were a couple of people who immediately wanted to try to make it right for me. I just figured it was a lesson learned. Is that Jessica one of those early ones where it looks like she's in an office or something? And I feel like there's a wall with water or some sort of water involved, right? I think I had one of those but I can't remember which and don't know if I have it anymore. Funny, I almost reached for Jessica this morning. I wanted something different. I ended up going with KCM Circuit Burn which I think manleym may have mentioned recently? One of you did. I may have done the same premix, or at least similar -- I did legs, sculpting, boxing. Wow, that workout really shot my heart rate up and kept it up -- more than Cathe does. I was surprised!

Yesterday I did what I think was a new Inner Dimension yoga with Jenny called Bindless Bird of Paradise. I really liked it! The way she teaches is great. No tough poses to get into -- she works up to things and used the block and no binding to fake a bird of paradise pose. My ID subscription ends on the 14th. I think I have decided not to renew. If they have a sale again, I will but I certainly haven't been doing enough yoga lately to justify two different subscriptions!!

Waves to all......
Old 09-07-21, 07:39 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA!!! I’m so happy you posted. My husband asks me every so often how you’re doing and as a matter of fact, he asked me today and I had to say I didn’t know since you hadn’t posted in a while. When I saw your post I immediately let him know. I am so proud of you and I hope your therapy went well being the first time putting weight on your leg. We’re praying for your continued healing and that you can get better sleep soon. It’s very important and you deserve it. We love you.
Old 09-08-21, 11:28 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yay, ChelePA!!!! I hope yesterday went well for you and I also hope you can get more sleep soon. That has to be so hard! And yes, thanks for the Kat tip!! I can't do Kat without thinking about you. Big hugs to you!!

Bee, yes, that's the Jessica with the weird water fall in the background! Kind of odd but I like it.

Yesterday I did Cathe's High Reps which I expected to be really sore from but I'm not. At least not yet!

Have a great day, Watulans!!

Old 09-08-21, 09:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

So, so glad you checked in with us, Chele!! I hope your appointment went well. You have come so far, that whatever the dr. said, you are still in a much better place than you were. We Watulans have not forgotten about our injured sister. My DH has asked about you as well so I'm happy to report that you have posted. I have been so focused on doing more Cathe Lives after my 20 in 20ish rotation that I am glad to read that Kat has a new HiiT workout to give me some variety and interested in seeing how she incorporates weights into it.

Workout-wise I've done CL #359 Pumped Lower Body, walked on two of the days, and CL #206 Cycle Mania. I've been wanting to try the cycle workouts at the gym since I don't have one at home, and today was the day. I wrote about it in another post on GD, but it was tough for me---particularly tough on my butt---BUT () that means it was good for me as it worked my body differently. I plan on trying more of the cycle workouts on the days I go with DH to the gym. I also did some walk/sprinting on the track. It's a good change of pace for me. I'm not sure that I will go with him every time he goes since he plans three trips a week but I've enjoyed it and we aren't getting in each other's way as we are doing different things.

Waves to all! Short post for Moby!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in