Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-15, 04:58 PM  
Lilypad

Ultimate Yogi

Good Afternoon,
Has anyone completed the whole rotation? If so did you supplement it with anything else like walking or weights? I'm due to receive my set on Tuesday and I'm really excited to start. I've been incorporating more yoga into my regimen and I'm finding that I am really enjoying it a lot and am feeling better than I ever have since starting yoga. I would say that I am a high intermediate excersizer working out with instructors mention on these wonderful forums. I've done most all types of workouts but never yoga alone. I'm a bit worried about losing all that I have worked for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 05:47 PM  
muffins135

Are you on Facebook? If so there is a great check in page on there. You will get answers to your questions there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/108Yogis/
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-15, 06:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I would love to read the responses from those who completed the 108 day rotation here - if possible. I'm not on FB.

I seem to recall there was a thread about it a year or 2 ago, but I wonder if anyone else has anything new to add?
Old 07-30-15, 11:13 PM  
firmaholic

Don't have much feedback on Ultimate yogi, but I love Ziggy's avatar picture. That cat is a super model and can't take a bad picture. He deserves his own Facebook page!
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 05:38 AM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

I completed the whole rotation about a year ago (well almost, I may have skipped a couple of the ab workouts a few times). It's an AMAZING series, but it is tough (at least it was for me). I made sure to get my 10,000 steps of walking in every day, but other than that I did not add anything to it. I have some health issues (MS) so this was a major challenge for me. Not only are the workouts tough, but they're all around an hour, which was difficult for me to fit in (and created a dread factor for me). But if you're used to 60 minutes every day, you'll have no problem.

I love Travis to pieces and think he's an amazing yoga instructor. He cues so well you don't even need to look at the screen. Everything about this series is top notch - routines, instructor, production value, (custom) soundtrack, etc. I tried Rudy's Yoga Warrior 365 a few months ago and couldn't click with him; I think I was spoiled by Travis.

I definitely saw gains in cardio capacity, strength, and flexibility. Weight didn't really change, but neither did my (mostly good) diet. I really don't think you'll lose anything you've gained - this yoga program is no joke! The only downside is that I was severely burned out after the rotation. Had to take a looong break from yoga. I would be tempted to try another rotation, but I'm having more balance issues than a year ago, so not sure I could do it. Maybe I'll try a modified version someday.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 06:25 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
Don't have much feedback on Ultimate yogi, but I love Ziggy's avatar picture. That cat is a super model and can't take a bad picture. He deserves his own Facebook page!
I concur
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 06:36 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
Thank you! He's been bugging me to open a page for him! Maybe one day.....
Old 07-31-15, 07:00 AM  
Lilypad

Thank you Raineth.
Like you I also have a fitbit and thought the same thing about getting in my 10,000 steps a day
My diet is also pretty good . I do treat myself on the weekends to some wine and desserts but other than that I'm pretty consistent during the week. My workouts are in the morning at 400am when I wake up before I go to work. I find that time of the day to be the most peaceful and quiet before my day begins. I love it sooo much and can't wait for it. Crazy right???

Can you tell me how many yoga pratices the rotation does a day?
Thanks again and Happy Friday!!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 07:33 AM  
owltx

I just did Cardio from the UY series this morning. Whew, you forget how tough that one is! Even though I did not do the rotation, I concur with what Raineth said - this series is no joke! Also: Travis is awesome! Great cuing, steady voice, soothing manner. You will develop favorites from the series and use those for a long time after. Some of them will be harder than others, but which ones will be I think really depends on your strengths. If you work through the rotation (including the ab disc), you will be hitting upper body, lower body and core with some major body weight training. I think this with your plan for 10,00 steps a day will be a great rotation.

-Stephanie
owltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 12:06 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Travis' voice drove me nuts; I made it through a month before packing it in. In that month I made gains in strength, balance, flexibility, and cardio capacity.

UY is a tough, well-rounded power yoga program. Travis is a good teacher, my dislike of his voice aside. The biggest issue I had with the program is that you are working out 7 days a week. Even though the 7th practice is not very hard, still, a weekly rest day should have been included in the rotation and would help prevent burnout. Even a very hard-core yoga style like pure Ashtanga has a required day of rest each week.

Lilypad, you asked:

"Can you tell me how many yoga pratices the rotation does a day? "

From another thread, here is the rotation:

Part 1, first week:

Cross Train, Hard Core, and Meditation (10 minutes for Meditation)
Cardio, and Meditation
Strength, Hard Core, Meditation
Yin, and Meditation
Detox, Hard Core, and Meditation
Vitality, and Meditation
Mountain Pose, and Pranayama

This is repeated for 5 rounds; the fifth round (days 29 - 36) is:

Cross Train, Hard Core, and Meditation (10 minutes for Meditation)
Cardio, and Meditation
Strength, Hard Core, Meditation
Detox, and Meditation
Mountain Pose, and Meditation
Gentle, and Meditation
Yin, and Pranayama
36 Sun Sals, and Meditation

Part 2, first week:

Balance, Hard Core, Meditation (20 minutes for Meditation)
Strength, Meditation
Flexibility, Hard Core, Meditation
Gentle, Meditation
Detox, Hard Core, Meditation
Cardio, Meditation
Mountain Pose, Pranayama

This is repeated 5 times; the fifth time (days 65 - 72) are:

Balance, Hard Core, Meditation (20 minutes for Meditation)
Strength, Meditation
Flexibility, Hard Core, Meditation
Detox, Meditation
Mountain Poise, Meditation
Gentle, Meditation
Yin, Meditation
72 Sun Sals, Meditation

Part 3, first week:

Cross Train, Hard Core, Meditation (30 minutes for Meditation)
Strength, Meditation
Balance, Hard Core, Meditation
Yin, Meditation
Cardio, Meditation
Vitality, Hard Core, Meditation
Mountain Pose, Pranayama

This is repeated 5 times; the fifth time (days 101 - 108) are:

Cross Train, Hard Core, Meditation (30 minutes)
Strength, Meditation
Balance, Hard Core, Meditation
Cardio, Meditation
Mountain Pose, Meditation
Gentle, Meditation
Yin, Pranayama
108 Sun Sals, Meditation

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultimate yogi, ultimate yogi results