Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-15, 04:55 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Feeling "ice" toward Cathe preorder

Hi Ladies,
So I purchased the Cathe Ice series preorder , a Cathe preorder is something I have not done for quite sometime. I use to be Cathe devotee but do not use her workouts at all last couple years. I thought this set would be a good post natal workout series because of lower intensity and impact. I am kinda of 2nd guessing why I need/want this set. i already primarily do Ballet Beautiful, Tonique, Hamelin. I also just had my baby via emergency c-section , my 1st c-section and the thought of"rock em sock em or boot camp is not sounding like anything I will be able to do for sometime. my initial thought was this set would be a good addition to rounding out my current program with some more athletic based movement but now I wonder. Anyone else on the fence?
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 05:17 PM  
Donna D

Congratulations on the birth of your baby, sorry to hear about the emergency C-section. Hope that you both are doing well.

My niece had emergency C-section 3 weeks ago - she gave birth to triplets!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-15, 05:36 PM  
deineira

Congratulations on your baby! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I am kind of on the fence, but I've mostly decided not to get these. I am doing mostly HDM, I do ART and other random stuff, and as a Cathe lover for many, many, many moons, I just need a long-term break from her workouts. I bought RwH and did it for about 2-3 weeks, and then I was totally bored with that too...it reminded me why I moved on.

I still love my athletic workouts and I have been dabbling in Tracie Long and KCM for the last month and I think these scratch that itch for me (for now). I'm also liking Patrick Goudeau and Michelle Dozois for harder workouts with new moves. Cathe's workouts just got so similar to each other that I got bored with all of the repetition.

If you're on the fence because you're worried about the intensity, then that's temporary once you're recovered and get back in your workout routine. If you're on the fence because you're bored with Cathe and that's why you moved on a few years ago, then maybe look for some new instructors to fill that "athletic" niche. That's working beautifully for me.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe friedrich, ice series