Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-15, 01:03 PM  
andtckrtoo

Preview ShaunT's CIZE on BB OnDemand

Beachbody is offering a 30 day trial of their OnDemand site, and they have a preview of Cize on it. I did the second workout in the series (it's the only one they have posted today - I'm not sure if it's the only one available for preview or if they change).

I'm not sure how I feel about these. The workout I did was definitely low intermediate. You do one routine for the entire workout - you keep building upon it, so it's very repetitive. I pick up choreography quickly and I got most of the moves, but there were some I had to do a few times before I got them. But over all, it's low impact except for one or two moves and it's geared towards teaching some dance moves.

Things I liked -

*ShaunT in these. He's mellow and you can tell he's having fun.
* The music was good - if not overly inspired.
* Some of the moves are really fun.

Things I didn't like:

*The repetitiveness - cha cha chaing 20 times is a bit over the top, but if you have challenges with choreography, this might be good for you.
*If you are a stickler for making sides even - don't even consider these. There were a lot of moves that I thought should have been done on both sides that were not.
*There was a girl (not Tanya, although she was in these) to Shaun's left who is very pretty and a good dancer (she looks a bit like a young Jennifer Aniston and I will admit to being way jealous of her legs... :P), but the camera was on her, more than Shaun T. I went from admiring her to wanting to smash her pretty little camera mugging face in.

This is the kind of workout that is fun to do once or twice but after that, would get REALLY old. As this is only the second workout, I'm hoping some of the later ones are different or pull the moves from the first few songs in and are set up a little differently. And that the camera loving Jennifer Aniston look-a-like is not in all of them.
Old 07-03-15, 06:34 PM  
horusosiris

Christine- Thanks for the review. I was really looking forward to Cize but now I am not sure because I do not like TIFTT workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 09:24 PM  
cpcathy

After falling in love with Zumba and getting rid of TIFTT in those workouts, I am loathe to get a workout that has TIFTTing in it. No on these for me, thank goodness.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 04:40 AM  
in paris

Thank you so much for reporting back!

I was really looking forward to these because I like a goofy Shaun T, love his choice in music, and sometimes find the repetitive movements (that bore others) allow me to zone out.

So what you said doesn't immediately turn me off, other than the Jennifer Anniston look-alike, lol... But when I zone out, I don't look much at the screen, so who cares?

Keep in mind that his Fat Burning Cardio from the original Hip Hop Abs is still a favourite because of one silly move, lol... I'm weird
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-15, 06:39 PM  
iheartsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
Thank you so much for reporting back!

I was really looking forward to these because I like a goofy Shaun T, love his choice in music

Keep in mind that his Fat Burning Cardio from the original Hip Hop Abs is still a favourite because of one silly move, lol... I'm weird
I love Fat Burning Cardio, too! Always makes me smile. I love the "Get Busy" move...(I think that's what it's called...it's where you're kind of putting your hands in your back pockets, then your front pockets, etc...fun!)
Old 07-05-15, 02:15 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsts View Post
I love Fat Burning Cardio, too! Always makes me smile. I love the "Get Busy" move...(I think that's what it's called...it's where you're kind of putting your hands in your back pockets, then your front pockets, etc...fun!)
Oooh, that's the one! I'm so glad someone else shares my guilty pleasure
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote