Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-15, 01:34 PM  
DeepSeaSue

What's the final verdict on Ripped with HIIT?

I'm trying to decide what to do for my summer rotation and I have Ripped with HIIT still sitting in its shrink wrap.

There wasn't much chatter about this series after the initial reviews. Did people like it overall? Is anyone still doing it? What kind of results did people see?

TIA!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 06:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I am someone who had mostly given up on Cathe -- too many reps, just didn't work well for my body. I ended up buying RWH on a completely whim on the very last date of the presale. I was very glad I did -- I really had fun with the workouts if I did the shortest premixes. Cathe's weight work, in general, is just way too much for me -- by body doesn't need that much. I did a rotation with it and haven't really revisited it. I'm glad I bought it, but it wasn't life changing or anything. I'm really on the fence about her upcoming ICE series, and it seems to be aimed at someone just like me. FWIW.....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 07:24 PM  
noodles

I love RWH and still use the DVD's intermittently with my body beast, dream body sets and Jari Love. Good mix to prevent boredom. Definitely one of my best purchases. I did one RWH month rotation and really enjoyed it but worked hard LOL! Lots of cardio with those circuits and plyo but that's the kind of workouts I like.
Jamie
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-15, 09:28 PM  
Loriann

I have not done a rotation. Too many Cathe Live classes calling my name.
I really liked the Lift It Hit It workouts. They were different enough from my other weight routines to keep me entertained. I am currently doing a tank top arm rotation and I put Upper Body HiiT in the day after legs. Even though it says upper body, it definitely hit my tired legs too. The time seems to move quickly. I am glad I got them.
Lori
Old 06-13-15, 10:07 PM  
Tugger31

I'm glad I got them! I like the weight workouts alot and overall like to have a Cathe set with workouts that are much shorter in length than alot of her others.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 12:05 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like these are at least worthy of a mini-rotation
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-15, 01:53 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

This is my favorite Cathe series. I just use it to build strength. I do not lift as heavy as Cathe but it seems to work for me. My second favorite series was the sash series.
Old 06-14-15, 04:44 PM  
cecififi

I can't stop using them. I used Xtrain a lot! and I still love Xtrain but these are shorter and different. I am really enjoying all of them. Some of these workouts are pretty enduring. they are a keeper.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 04:38 AM  
acescholar

I've ended up using these dvds a lot. I mostly use the upper body lifting (the back segment, even though a bit of one armed row over-kill, is the best posture workout I've found), the Plyo workouts, and the second bonus ab workout. I also like the lower body workouts, but I do so much other lower body stuff that I don't use them as often. But, for me there isn't a "miss" in any of the workouts. I only wish there were some premixes that joined workouts from separate dvds (eg. both shoulder workouts or a Plyo/lower body mix--my favorite mish/mosh is Plyo 2 + Lower Body Circuit).
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 08:22 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
I've ended up using these dvds a lot. I mostly use the upper body lifting (the back segment, even though a bit of one armed row over-kill, is the best posture workout I've found), the Plyo workouts, and the second bonus ab workout. I also like the lower body workouts, but I do so much other lower body stuff that I don't use them as often. But, for me there isn't a "miss" in any of the workouts. I only wish there were some premixes that joined workouts from separate dvds (eg. both shoulder workouts or a Plyo/lower body mix--my favorite mish/mosh is Plyo 2 + Lower Body Circuit).
You need to use the new workout blender !!!! Your dreams can come true.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, ripped with hiit