Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-15, 02:04 PM  
shoegoddess

Tell me about P90X3

I just bought 21DFX and I'm loving the 30 minute format and the calorie burn these workouts give me. Only thing I don't like is when Autumn says "rest" in that whiny drawn out voice but it's not a deal breaker. Any way the infomercial for P90X3 is playing in my area and of course I recorded it and now I want it I like Tony's goofiness so that's not a problem. Please tell me about the set. Pro, Cons, do like it and why or don't like it and why. Info on your calorie burn would nice. Tell me about the workouts. Weight training, bodyweight? Results? Anything would be appreciated. And if you happen to have this for trade please PM me. BTW I have P90X and have never done a full rotation. I also had the pre P902 DVDs I think they were called One On One and didn't like those. TIA

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 03:36 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

It's a great set of workouts and possibly my best fitness purchase ever. Lots of variety in the workouts - some weighted work, lots of body weight exercises, great core work and balance. They're super efficient, he really packs a lot into the 30 minutes. I'm a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser and I found them plenty challenging. My balance, flexibility and core strength all really improved. I don't know about calorie burn, and I didn't lose weight, but I hadn't expected to.

Plus, the "vibe" of the set is just really good. Tony and the cast are very engaging, the set looks good and the music is good, too.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 09:06 AM  
shoegoddess

Bumping hoping for more responses

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 11:09 AM  
MARIKA

Cindy, Go for it. I did not regret purchasing it. They are great workouts and give you a sweat then you are done. The workouts are all really good IMO. Plus I really like the optional cold start warmup you can choose. Its a really good 's been the rage as of late too.
Old 03-06-15, 11:26 AM  
andtckrtoo

Another who thinks P90X3 is quite possibly one of the best fitness purchases I have ever made. They are the level of 21DFX - I have that, too - but they are much more well rounded and touch on every aspect of fitness - strength, agility, flexibility and functional strength. If you can handle Tony (and he's a bit more toned down in these from P90X) then I say go for it - it's an excellent program.
Old 03-06-15, 11:27 AM  
katmom

So how bad is Tony in this series? I could not take him in the 10-minute Trainer and because of that I have never really pursued any of his other releases. I like the looks of the exercises presented in this set and the 30-minute format. And what is a cold-start warm-up?
Old 03-06-15, 11:46 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I have P90X3 coming in the mail and I'm very excited I'm hoping to get it in the mail today and start a 90 day rotation (mixing with Tonique) tomorrow. I haven't done any of his other P90X workouts so this will be a new experience for me (although I do have his 10 minute trainer and have borrowed individual P90X dvds from time to time, so I know his style). I do advanced stuff though so I'm not too intimidated. I'm just hoping to get in more upper body and core and cardio, to supplement my Tonique workouts which have been awesome for my lower body. Also I can't wait to try out my new wall mounted pull up bar and pull up assist bands!

FYI this guy did a really comprehensive review of each P90X3 workout (with calories burned) http://howdoigetripped.com/p90x3-workout-reviews/
Old 03-06-15, 12:47 PM  
pricek

I just received my package in the mail. I'm considering returning it since I signed up for Beachbody's streaming and it is one of the programs offered. Do I really need the dvds? I really like the band that's included too. Decisions, decisions.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-15, 01:34 PM  
iheartsts

Best fitness purchase ever.
Pros: Love the length. Love the variety. Love Tony's goofiness. Love the vibe. Love the shoulder definition that I finally got after only a couple months, which had eluded me for years doing tons of other stuff. I lost a couple pounds, but was also watching what I ate.
Cons: Can't think of a single one.
Old 03-06-15, 01:53 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I have P90X and 10 Minute Trainer and I like P90X3 better than both of those. I'm terrible at watching my diet so I know I won't lose any weight and I'm ok with that because that's not really my goal anyway. I'm doing this mainly to get stronger after a series of injuries last year and it has definitely helped. I'm halfway through the second phase and I'm able to do things around the house that I was having trouble with before, like lifting things and shoveling snow. So it's been a great purchase for me.

It's also very modifiable and I like the fact that it's 30 minutes. I don't mind Tony's personality but I tend to tune instructors out after awhile anyway.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, p90x3