Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-12, 07:05 AM  
Conni

Wow, that is goofy. Okay, obviously I don't know what I am talking about....
Old 08-07-12, 12:17 PM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

I finally did Crossfire yesterday and loved it. I felt like I got such a good workout yet wasn't completely toast for the rest of the day. I haven't tried To The Max yet. I'm a step junkie, but I usually don't like Cathe's because she still "taps," which I can't stand. She also cues later than I prefer. I think I'll skip the solid step part and do the rest of it because I like her step drills.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12, 01:28 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I disliked Hiit and Intensity so I nearly passed over Crossfire. Glad I didn't! I did Crossfire last night and loved it. It's very doable, great fun and has just the right amount of challenge.

My back bothered me after the workout, though, and my back doesn't usually bother me. Could be me, not the workout.....
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 03:40 PM  
DonnaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I disliked Hiit and Intensity so I nearly passed over Crossfire. Glad I didn't! I did Crossfire last night and loved it. It's very doable, great fun and has just the right amount of challenge.

My back bothered me after the workout, though, and my back doesn't usually bother me. Could be me, not the workout.....
Michelle [Breezy Trousers],
I did one [and part of another] of the premixes from CrossFire on Monday night and later that evening my back [lat area] was bothering me. Not sure why. I thought it was odd. I usually don't have a problem with Cathe's dvds. I usually have some sort of 'twinge' in the back after doing KCM. Go figure.
DonnaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 08:56 AM  
Conni

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonH View Post
I finally did Crossfire yesterday and loved it. I felt like I got such a good workout yet wasn't completely toast for the rest of the day. I haven't tried To The Max yet. I'm a step junkie, but I usually don't like Cathe's because she still "taps," which I can't stand. She also cues later than I prefer. I think I'll skip the solid step part and do the rest of it because I like her step drills.
I did Premix 2 which subs a tabata for the solid step and I really liked it. I will probably do the workout this way from now on, I just think Cathe step is too boring..
Old 08-09-12, 09:04 AM  
boukilisa

I'm still not sure about Crossfire yet. I've done the low impact pre-mix and just don't love it like I want to. I think I may be tired of workouts that feel like drill after drill.
Old 08-09-12, 09:52 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
I think I may be tired of workouts that feel like drill after drill.
Yeah, I was lukewarm on these, the Crossfire circuit seemed to drag on forever. I am probably the odd one out on this, but I liked her LIS workouts better.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 09:54 AM  
AlisonH
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conni View Post
I did Premix 2 which subs a tabata for the solid step and I really liked it. I will probably do the workout this way from now on, I just think Cathe step is too boring..
Oooh I didn't notice that. Thanks for the tip! I'm really liking this Tabata trend--no matter what it is, I can get through 20 seconds! I may slow down before the end, but I can do it.
AlisonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 03:06 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post
I'm still not sure about Crossfire yet. I've done the low impact pre-mix and just don't love it like I want to. I think I may be tired of workouts that feel like drill after drill.
That makes sense. I love Crossfire because it is drill after drill . . . but I can see how that would be a turn off for many people.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-12, 03:08 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonH View Post
but I usually don't like Cathe's because she still "taps," which I can't stand.
Can you explain what this means or is it too hard to explain with just words ? I think I agree with you but I'm curious to know if what I'm thinking is what you are describing ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cross fire, crossfire, to the max