Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-11, 06:24 PM  
millie

I agree. Mission Possible Step is such a fun workout, but easy to learn.
millie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 06:09 AM  
Lulu Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymoomom View Post
The old Cher VHS is called Cher Fitness: A New Attitude.

I L-O-V-E this workout!

Aaron
I used to have this when it first came out. I loved it! Now that I have a VCR again I'll have to keep a look out for it. I know my 7 year old would LOVE the clothes Cher is wearing in this!
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 07:25 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Confession: I am a poor stepper and don't find it that much fun (). That said, my keeper collection of can-do step consists of:
DVD
Debra Mazda's Let's Get Stepping (fun, easy routine, good music)
Gilad's Step Aerobics
Gilad's Step & Tone
Kelly Coffey-Meyer Cardio Blast (so fun but I often do it on the floor, hehe)
Gin Miller's Step Reaction (you choose the BPM)
Cathe's Basic Step
Susan Powter Lifestyle Exchange Burn Fat
Susan Powter Lifestyle Exchange Circuit Training

VHS
Weight Watchers Step & Sculpt
Cher's A New Attitude
Keli Roberts' Real Fitness Total Body Circuit Training
Keli Roberts' Ultimate Step
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 07:35 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

If you - anyone - would like Jane Fonda's Step and Abdominals on VHS, I have it available on my donations pile!
Old 09-25-11, 07:51 AM  
PhyllisG

I would go with Kari Anderson's Go Step and Christi Taylor's Mission Possible. Especially Go step--easy, fun and Kari is great. I still do this one occasionally.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 09:09 AM  
iheartsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
I used to have this when it first came out. I loved it! Now that I have a VCR again I'll have to keep a look out for it. I know my 7 year old would LOVE the clothes Cher is wearing in this!
I did the step portion of the Cher workout last night. Hadn't done it in years!! Sooo much fun. The clothes...the comments Cher makes throughout the workout...and the music...all fun. This is the only step workout that I've ever enjoyed. Can't stand any of the current step stuff, and I guess I like this one because it's pretty basic and that's right up my alley. Still worked up a sweat, though.

As a side note, I just realized that Dori Sanchez, the one in the video who doesn't use a step, is an occasional choreographer on "So You Think You Can Dance". She usually choreographs the disco dances.
Old 09-25-11, 09:15 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Like Gina (Lucky Star), I don't find stepping that much fun. However, I only do low impact high intensity cardio, so, for indoor workouts, my choices are limited on pure cardio days. So it's a nice option. Also, I have to be very careful with step because years of intense running and high impact stepping in the 90's made me prone to recurrences of plantar fasciitis.

After 14 years of trying nearly every step workout out there, here are my favorite, easy-to-do follow workouts which can also provide a surprising cardio challenge, depending on the number of risers used:

1. Energy Sprint (Karen Voight)
2. Gin Millers' Reebok Step Circuit Challenge* (and Power Workout*);
3. Denise Austin's Ultimate Fat Burner*;
4. Charlene Prickett.

* Some light weight training is thrown in the intervals, so you'll need a pair of dumbbells.

(I also like Cathe's Low Impact Step and Low Max and Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough, but that simply won't work for you.)

For some reason, I found Gilad and Kathy Smith's other step workouts too uninteresting. However, years ago, I encouraged DH to try Step & Tone, and he really liked it a lot. It's easy to follow but deceptively hard!

Anyway, thanks for bringing this topic up. I just ordered Debra Mazda's workout because I love the music on her clip, so it's nice to know she's been recommended here. And somehow Mission Possible slipped by me, probably because I associate Christi Taylor with too much choreography. She has great music, too!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-11, 11:39 AM  
rosepetals

Gilad is on youtube for free. It looks like a whole step workout broken up into parts.

Which Kathy workouts are step workouts? I haven't used any of her stuff in years.

Thanks. Does anyone do Petra step workouts. What are they like for a beginner?
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner step, easy choreography, simple cardio, slower step workouts, step aerobics