Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-22, 02:50 PM  
Exercise Diva

I agree with those who suggested subscribing and trying some of their other instructors. This made the whole world of difference for me. I think Miranda is a genius and have a ton of respect for what she has created, but her cuing, or lack of cuing, and endless chatter makes me want to pull my hair out. I'm getting my husband into Essentrics (he's having some back issues) and told him to start with at the beginner level (it's harder than it looks) and go with any instructor other than Miranda.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 03:43 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I agree with those who suggested subscribing and trying some of their other instructors. This made the whole world of difference for me. I think Miranda is a genius and have a ton of respect for what she has created, but her cuing, or lack of cuing, and endless chatter makes me want to pull my hair out. I'm getting my husband into Essentrics (he's having some back issues) and told him to start with at the beginner level (it's harder than it looks) and go with any instructor other than Miranda.
I got my husband into Essentrics too for his back issues, but he couldn't stand Miranda. His favorites are the shorter ones with Sahra, Meg, Gail, and Amanda that were barre and around 15-20 mins. He can't get up and down on the floor because of his back, but the beginner barre ones were great for him. (Sans Miranda!)
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 05:23 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I got my husband into Essentrics too for his back issues, but he couldn't stand Miranda. His favorites are the shorter ones with Sahra, Meg, Gail, and Amanda that were barre and around 15-20 mins. He can't get up and down on the floor because of his back, but the beginner barre ones were great for him. (Sans Miranda!)
And if you sort by "Standing only" all of those options come up. I love their sort features on ETV. Honestly, they miss nothing in this regards.
Old 06-02-22, 07:46 AM  
Rhonda

don't feel bad if you don't like essentrics. I don't know how many times I have bought/sold DVDs and even recorded the PBS workout. I just don't like it and don't plan on doing or trying it anymore.

I do like Sahra over Miranda but each time I have tried it just doesn't feel right so I figure I will stick to my own stretching and yoga.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 05:24 AM  
DCW

The best exercise is the one you love and will do. Essentrics fits me. Find your joy and happiness shows up. I am glad and grateful to have conversations with folks who enjoy exercising.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 05:50 AM  
Izzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
The best exercise is the one you love and will do. Essentrics fits me. Find your joy and happiness shows up. I am glad and grateful to have conversations with folks who enjoy exercising.

I completely agree.
Old 06-03-22, 08:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I think part of the reason that I struggle to like, much less love, Classical Stretch is when I hear the word "stretch", I think relaxing and very low effort - like floor stretching. Classical Stretch is not that, and thus is a disappointment to me, every time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 08:28 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I think part of the reason that I struggle to like, much less love, Classical Stretch is when I hear the word "stretch", I think relaxing and very low effort - like floor stretching. Classical Stretch is not that, and thus is a disappointment to me, every time.

Carol
My first purchase was the Express workouts which is now labeled "vintage". I was looking for stretch workouts and I was disappointed, because the workouts were much more strenuous than I had expected.

If you don't like the method, that's ok. Don't do it. The goal is to move daily. There are plenty of workouts I just hate and no matter how many times I give it a go again, in the end I still don't jive with. Like DCW said, the best workout is the one you'll love and do.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 09:57 AM  
Gams

I bought the Aging Backwards set that was on sale at QVC. I don’t love the workouts, but I’m sold because already the pain in my hip is gone that had me tossing and turning at night. Also, I was really surprised at how the time flew by while doing these even though I wasn’t particularly having fun.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 07:06 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I love Miranda's quirkiness. I have to say that one of her moves eased my knee pain. It is the Sumo plies.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, essentrics, flaming hypocrite, miranda, miranda esmonde-white