Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-26-16, 01:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I caved. Only the 2nd time I've preordered a Cathe set (other was STS Cardio). This just sounds good even from the short descriptions.
I think it will be win-win. Win = cheaper price. Win = advanced workouts.
Cathe rarely disappoints.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-16, 07:24 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I'm super excited about this series, especially after hearing Cathe say at the road trip that she wants to "ramp it up" for this series.

I have always been a Cathe fan, but am more impressed with her now than ever before. Her Cathe Live workouts are SO good! I also really like the ICE series a lot. Working out with her live (and literally within a few feet of her for the bootcamp class) left me awestruck by her strength and endurance. I thought I was in pretty good condition until I saw Cathe in action, and then realized I am no where near her condition. It's something I aspire to, but will probably never reach (which is okay, though---it keeps me motivated!).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 07:13 AM  
Rhonda

I am contemplating on getting this set. I haven't been doing Cathe at all lately so may wait til they start selling them individually. I have been so bad, I have the year long Live subscription and havent even looked at it in at least two months. I have totally gotten away from her. I love her Live workouts but have been taking it down a few notches and doing more low impact yoga type workouts.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:45 AM  
toomuchjoy

Just wanted to post that the current pre-sale prices end tomorrow (9/30) so if you want to get the best price you need to act quickly!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 09:12 PM  
Boots

I just ordered and I am so excited for these! I wasn't going to order, because I really don't need any more workouts, but I couldn't pass them up. Is it bad that I haven't even done her ICE series yet? I have so many virgin workouts just sitting on the shelf, so I know I have a major problem! I am addicted to buying workout DVDs! However, I knew I couldn't miss this deal, because as soon as I start seeing video clips and hearing people talking about these workouts, I would be filled with regret that I didn't buy them. Does anyone think these will be ready by the end of the year? Normally it seems like you have to wait 6 or 7 months after preordering. If they get here around the holidays, then it will be Merry Christmas to me! 😁
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-16, 10:34 PM  
SueT

I'm really trying to decide if I should order this series. For those who have done some of the similar workouts on Cathe Live, is there a lot of impact involved in these? I'm hoping there's not since weight training seems to be focused on.

As a side note, I also think it's kind of funny that Cathe is talking about Peripheral Heart Action. The Firm had a workout in 1996, which was originally called "Strong Heart," that advocated this form of training. It's now called Firm Cardio.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me about this new Cathe series.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-16, 07:33 AM  
marki64

There is always impact in her advanced series. I think she even said it on her site. She said there is no modifier either.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, peripheral heart action, strong and sweaty