Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-02-15, 08:23 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janzia View Post
I have a ton but I can't remember what they are without going and looking. The one I do remember is the one that haunts me because it was such a big purchase, I insisted I had to have it and yet it has sat in shrink wrap for years....Cathe STS. I'll have to check back with what the others are.
Wow I could have written this verbatim haha! However, I am one month into my STS rotation now, so I'm feeling slightly less guilty. I know exactly how old my STS was though -- five years. I bought it because I thought it would be my rotation for after Tiny Bubble was born. Yea.....
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 08:55 AM  
TinierTina

I'll bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by at120 View Post
Piyo
Okay.

STOTT Pilates Extreme Pilates. Strength and Agility on the Mat.

Not proud of this.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 08:57 AM  
Footballnut

Uhhhhh. Does this forum have a limit on characters?
Old 06-02-15, 09:08 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
Uhhhhh. Does this forum have a limit on characters?
Just break the shrink wrap. You don't have to actually use it to get it off the list
Old 06-02-15, 09:18 AM  
Tinks

I have 22 DVDs that I haven't unwrapped yet, lol. Of course I have many, many more DVDs that I did unwrap, and haven't done yet. Ah, the plight of the vidiot.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 09:48 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
I have 22 DVDs that I haven't unwrapped yet, lol. Of course I have many, many more DVDs that I did unwrap, and haven't done yet. Ah, the plight of the vidiot.
I'm sure I fall into this category and will use the 5th Amendment as my basis for not getting a definite count
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 09:59 AM  
iheartsts

Embarassed....

...but in my weak defense, I've had some major bronchitis/pneumonia issues the last couple months, but that's no excuse for a few of the DVDs that I got prior to getting sick....

Cathe Ripped With Hiit (the pre-order)
Yoga Warrior Rudy Mettia
Several misc yoga DVDs that I HAD to have immediately....

Guess it's something to look forward to....but the sad thing is there is still other stuff I would love to buy...sigh.
Old 06-02-15, 10:14 AM  
TinierTina

Define "Break the Shrink Wrap ..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Just break the shrink wrap. You don't have to actually use it to get it off the list
I thought that was a metaphor for "sitting immobile and watching it and not moving a single muscle in sympathy" while doing so ...

Well, still and all ... didn't watch all of it ... got too anxiety-ridden

Now, I can't wait to read a bunch of lengthy lists ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 10:43 AM  
Taiga

I'm sensing a theme here lol Why don't we just throw off the tyranny of all this vidiot guilt/angst? If we want to buy dvds and simply enjoy running our fingers over the titles, so what if we never do them. The point of a hobby is to enjoy. It doesn't have to produce any other end product. I love a well stocked fitness library. I love a program that is sitting on the shelf waiting for me to unleash it's potential. I love finding myself with a day off and a trip to the shelf to pick out my treat. I want something on the shelf that I haven't worked my way to yet. It's my answer to a hard day. Over time, I have found that I get better fitness gains staying with just a few well chosen programs. So what. I want the joy of trying new movement so I weave it in at my own pace. I stay within the budget I set. There are associated health benefits. As hobbies go, I could do much worse.
Old 06-02-15, 10:51 AM  
Indy

I'm guilty of STS (had to have it) - it took me YEARS before I did any of it. I know that whole 1 Rep Max bit did me in. I started to do it - but grew bored and weary of the entire process - too much paperwork - too much time and effort. I've never been one to keep a notebook or to set up rotations or keep a calendar. I just want to get going. So it sat. One day I decided I didn't need to finish the 1 Rep Max - just to go ahead and do it. I eventually did do the whole rotation. One of the few rotations I have managed to complete.

Before VF, I was always one who would break open any new workout I got the second it arrived. Now I am guilty of having multiple workouts that have never been seem the inside of my dvd player.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote